Real Refs to return this weekend

Wayne Cubed

Don't have a link yet... but per @mortreport, the deal is in hand. Looking to come back this week. Will update this when I have a link.

Edit: here's the link

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20380815/deal-between-nfl-officials-is-imminent-would-allow-refs-to-work-thursday-night

Edited by Wayne Cubed

NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack hmmmm lots of talk for the regular hacks to get bcak to work

During Tuesday's talks, the owners who have shown no inclination to budge on the referees' benefits issues became involved on a more detailed level in the negotiations, per an NFL source. The federal mediator is said to have kept things on track.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No way these guys will be back for this sunday. The other day they had mentioned that they haven't even been fitted for the new nike uniforms. I can see a deal getting done right away, but them not getting on the field right away.

in Mort's vid on ESPN, the last thing he says is one of the officials involved in the negotiations told him that fitting the new Nike uniforms would be "kinda silly" as a reason why they wouldn't be ready this weekend...

No way these guys will be back for this sunday. The other day they had mentioned that they haven't even been fitted for the new nike uniforms. I can see a deal getting done right away, but them not getting on the field right away.

According to Peter King of SI, Hochuli has been running regular testing and training sessions even during the lockout.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/26/referees-deal/

in Mort's vid on ESPN, the last thing he says is one of the officials involved in the negotiations told him that fitting the new Nike uniforms would be "kinda silly" as a reason why they wouldn't be ready this weekend...

Not saying that's the only reason....IMO I think they won't be ready to go.

I hope ESPN and others hold the real refs to the standard of perfection that they have with the "replacement" refs.

I am not saying that the replacement refs have not made mistakes, but some of the criticism has been over the top and made with the supposition that the real refs never make mistakes. As a fan of Buffalo teams, I am all too familiar with really bad calls by refs.

His twitter doesn't say that. Was it on TV?

I don't see it either....

https://twitter.com/mortreport

Every article reports seeing it on his twiiter feed, but it's not there.

My mistake - I didn't catch his reference and only remembered it as Mort. Pft has the confirmation

Sorry about including his handle, guess its just a habit. It was a TV interview.

From profootballtalk link:

Cold water being dashed on reports of NFL-NFLRA agreement

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 26, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT

350x-619.jpg?w=250 AP

As if on cue, the brake-pumping has begun.

With the first wave of reports that a deal between the NFL and locked-out officials was close, next comes the wave of reports saying “Not so fast.”

Sports Illustrated’s Peter King just tweeted: “NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent.”

That dovetails with the NFL Network’s Albert Breer’s report this morning, which acknowledged progress but noted substantial differences on the pension issue.

Perhaps the truest words of the last hour were uttered by NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, who also took to Twitter.

Having done this before, everyone needs to wait until the ink is dry.”

Again, all signs point toward this thing being finished, and perhaps soon. Our long, national nightmare is almost over.

But as we approach the finish line, the urge to mark territory runs strong in the media, and sometimes needs to be curbed.

The 12th man needs to keep these "real" refs under the microscope. If anything shady happens, we need to chant BULLSH*T for 10 minutes just like last weeks Ravens game.

I hope the real refs get as much scrutiny as the replacement refs especially from the media.

Edited by jeremy2020

No, but it sounds fair.

did the real refs sleep with your wife or something? are you one of the replacements?!?!

the new guys werent as good. its not their fault but im glad we are getting the best guys out there. Mistakes happen with anyone, at any job - but when you substitute in a lesser provider of services of course its going to get focused on. big deal. they made more errors, and now we are back to a higher standard. i hope we get to focus on football now, and not whether these guys are perfect.

that said, i dont remember anyone ignoring refs mistakes previously.

Edited by NoSaint

I hope ESPN and others hold the real refs to the standard of perfection that they have with the "replacement" refs.

I am not saying that the replacement refs have not made mistakes, but some of the criticism has been over the top and made with the supposition that the real refs never make mistakes. As a fan of Buffalo teams, I am all too familiar with really bad calls by refs.

Very nice post.

How about the detroit flip a coin mixup? F espn, nfl network for blaming these replacement refs.

did the real refs sleep with your wife or something? are you one of the replacements?!?!

the new guys werent as good. its not their fault but im glad we are getting the best guys out there. Mistakes happen with anyone, at any job - but when you substitute in a lesser provider of services of course its going to get focused on. big deal. they made more errors, and now we are back to a higher standard. i hope we get to focus on football now, and not whether these guys are perfect.

that said, i dont remember anyone ignoring refs mistakes previously.

So I take it that you enjoy having a lot of PI (pass interference) calls favoring Brady all the time huh?

Screw the old refs.

I'll take some weird mistakes here and there over them favoring powerhouse teams all the time.

Case in point. Seahawks vs Packers

Seahawks penalized 14 times for 118 yards

Packers 10 times for 127 yards

Very fair if you ask me.

The call at the end was not right. I get that. But I prefer one unfair call vs almost all the calls favoring the good teams.