Fred Jackson Back for Patriots Game?

eyebeem99

Jackson for welker?

Hell freaking no. We really want to face Fred twice a year? The Pats* would be damn near unstoppable.

Welker is a really good player, but he doesn't carry nearly the impact of FredEx.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Hell freaking no. We really want to face Fred twice a year? The Pats* would be damn near unstoppable.

Welker is a really good player, but he doesn't carry nearly the impact of FredEx.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

What better way to counter the pass rush (bradys onky weakness) than a punishing back that can run up the middle , block and catch screens. Could be another Corey Dillon, who is memory serves me right they haven't won a ring since he left

dude, its a home division game. if freddy can run and cut, even with some discomfort, he needs to play. our o is not the same without freddy or cj

We also need him for the last 12 games of the year. If he comes back too early, he could be knocked out for the year rather easily.

I'd rather not hurry him back, even if it means we go with Choice/White for the Pats game.

I only want him out there if the docters determine he cannot hurt it ANY WORSE by playing.....

Anything other then that.....sit him and go with Choice

I agree. I only want Jackson playing if he is 100%.

Yes it sucks that Spiller got hurt today, and next week's game is huge.

But we need Freddy for the long haul of the season, and I don't want to take the risk of him getting injured again.

If that means we have to go with Choice & White next week, then so be it.

The key is our O-Line. They have been exceptional in both pass protection and making plays for the running game. If they can continue to play like that next week, then Choice & White can make plays.

I only want him out there if the docters determine he cannot hurt it ANY WORSE by playing.....

Anything other then that.....sit him and go with Choice

I agree.

We re-signed White when Fred got hurt - - so the team wanted a 3rd RB on the roster. Assuming Fred can't go against NE and Spiller's injury is minor enough to avoid IR, do we have designated utility man Brad Smith take a few snaps at RB in practice this week? If he can run the wildcat, seems like he ought to be able to learn a few relatively simple plays so he could take a few snaps as a disaster RB if Choice or White get hurt against NE.

Or do we let Dickerson learn that role until either Fred or CJ can play?

I agree.

We re-signed White when Fred got hurt - - so the team wanted a 3rd RB on the roster. Assuming Fred can't go against NE and Spiller's injury is minor enough to avoid IR, do we have designated utility man Brad Smith take a few snaps at RB in practice this week? If he can run the wildcat, seems like he ought to be able to learn a few relatively simple plays so he could take a few snaps as a disaster RB if Choice or White get hurt against NE.

Or do we let Dickerson learn that role until either Fred or CJ can play?

If choice and White both go down, we're just going to pass and have Mc pick up blitzes and pound it out every now and again for 2 or 3 yards. They'll run even more WR screens than they do now.