Do the Bills have the best young cornerback duo in the NFL?

Damond Talbot

I would have said Gilmore and Brooks myself. I think Brooks has all that's needed to be a starting shut down corner. Williams doesn't seem to me like he has that ability. Very good as a nickle DB but I think Brooks will be starting when he returns.aybe not right away but i'd guess next year.

But yes, we really need to wait and see.

What do you think Bills fans? With both Mario and Mark up front now, and the Bills getting a rush, are Stephon and Aaron the best young corners in the business? What do you think?

http://nomorelinks....duo-in-the-nfl/

No, that's absurd. Gilmore hasn't played a game yet. Williams hasn't been very good. Brooks won't play for a few months at the least. This is ridiculous

Brandon Carr may not be that young, but I'd have to say he and Claiborne are a helluva combo and average out pretty young. I live Gilmore plenty, but rating them as the best already is heavily premature.

Carr and Claiborne at this point are better. Case closed.

Not yet.

I do think Gilmore is going to be special, but he'll have his share of rookie mistakes this year no matter how good he is.

I'm not sure about Aaron yet...he looked vulnerable in the preseason, but it is only his second year, first year starting, so he

may come on during this season or next season. But too early to tell.

I agree with mrags that I think eventually Brooks will be the better corner than Williams.

So, maybe in another year or two if they all develop as we hope, they could become one of the best young secondaries with

Glimore and Brooks on the outside, Williams in the slot, and Byrd, still relatively young, in the backfield.

Not yet.

I do think Gilmore is going to be special, but he'll have his share of rookie mistakes this year no matter how good he is.

I'm not sure about Aaron yet...he looked vulnerable in the preseason, but it is only his second year, first year starting, so he

may come on during this season or next season. But too early to tell.

I agree with mrags that I think eventually Brooks will be the better corner than Williams.

So, maybe in another year or two if they all develop as we hope, they could become one of the best young secondaries with

Glimore and Brooks on the outside, Williams in the slot, and Byrd, still relatively young, in the backfield.

Can't forget Rogers either. With him as the 4th I'm very comfortable. And not that we will but if McKelvin tears it up this year and we keep him he could be the weak link and that ain't that bad if he's your 3rd to 5th DB. I'm ok with who we have for sure. Young to say the least, let's just hope they mature quickly.

Its all potential right now, The D-line, the young secondary even Sheppard, Moats, Brandham at LB. Its all looks like it can be very good, but it has to be seen on the field first. Right now I think A.Williams will struggle early on in the season. I like what I have seen from McKelvin out of the slot and Gilmore and I know Mcgee can be capable if he gets on the field. I think A.Williams will be the subject of many TBD posts for this season, in a bad way.

Check back 8 games in the season and we will know just how good this secondary is, or at the very least have a good idea. Even Gilmore could still struggle at times.

they have a chance to be tremendous, I just wish they would have the guts to realize George Wilson is a weak link and make the change. Wilson is a great leader and from what I can tell a good guy but he can neither cover or tackle worth a darn. Yes I hope he makes tons of plays - but reality is he'll kill us

Williams? Williams? You're talking about Aaron Williams? LOL!

This

Williams is not blah at all. He is raw but his talent is incredible.

He may not be blah, but he's even worse.....the biggest liability on our defense. Just because the guy is big and athletic, don't get blinded. He got burned all preseason and last season when he played. He's made a couple plays, but inconsistency plagues his play. I think Gilmore and Brooks will be our starters next season and Williams will be playing for a roster spot.

Wanna talk about best young corners, they were mentioned. IMO its Claiborne and Carr. Those kids can flat out ball. If Romo can remain constant and not implode, they've got a chance to make a run at it this year. Their defense is loaded.

Edited by NewEra

they have a chance to be tremendous, I just wish they would have the guts to realize George Wilson is a weak link and make the change. Wilson is a great leader and from what I can tell a good guy but he can neither cover or tackle worth a darn. Yes I hope he makes tons of plays - but reality is he'll kill us

Youre kidding right?