For all the COOL stuff Nike makes....

Booger

How did they botch up the NFL uniforms? The NFL has to be the most important uniform/jersey in their stable one would think. With those "collars" they added to both the Bills and Skins jerseys they kind of make you focus on one area vs. viewing the uniform as a whole. Uniforms are meant to flow, not have that one specific area....kind of annoying IMO. Surprised they did it and surprised it made it through the 79 "sign offs" I am sure they had to put them in place.

From the step forward they took with re-design last year, that took it a step back.

The collars look like stevestojan. Nike can think they're an avante-garde but time and time again has proved they're not.

'Oh, the wide collar will be mostly hidden once the uniforms are on the field,' they said. I'm going to live with the mentality that it's a

tribute to Kent Hull's neck-roll.

Hull_AP-218x300.jpg

If I were to get a jersey now, it would be a throwback.

Edited by UConn James

Why did the Bills wear white dress shirts with the collars open under their uniforms last night? Other than that I didn't see anything remarkably different about the new uniforms. But I would definitely like to see them not wear those anymore. Or at least button up the collars for next game.

It looked like every Bills player had one of those horse collars on. Just another example of some creative design jerkoff who doesn't understand the KISS principle.

Apparently the Packers aren't wearing those ridiculous collars.

I'm an old school dude. I think unis were the best in the 1980's. Sometimes I realize teams have to change their duds- Pats and Bucs being good examples (although I think old school will come back someday and the trend will be to revert to a simpler look). But nothing pisses me off more than change for the sake of change. Those white collars look absurd. Who are the ad wizards (Seinfeld/SNL reference) who think they look better than last year? I hope people aren't going out and buying these things if they already have last year's Reeboks. My George Wilson jersey I got last year is just fine with me. Maybe I'm just getting old.

You guys realize those collars are nike's fault too, dont you? All nike jerseys have the flywire collar. The new collar didnt work (from a technical design standpoint) with our tri-color collar from last season. The bills tried to keep the tri-color collar, but it looks like ass now because the white stripe is too big, due tothe flywire. They needed to ditch the tri-color and go with a simple royal blue collar.

Other teams have the collar too. So nike deserves just as much blame.

Guys, guys, guys...this was SO addressed when Nike introduced the new uniforms earlier this year. Any team that has a multicolored collar and implemented the "flywire" system for the Nike uniform now has a solid color for the "V" portion of the uniform because they can't do multicolored. The Bills' collar isn't solid white; it has red and blue stripes around the top.

Whether you like it not, that's why they look that way.

You guys realize those collars are nike's fault too, dont you? All nike jerseys have the flywire collar. The new collar didnt work (from a technical design standpoint) with our tri-color collar from last season. The bills tried to keep the tri-color collar, but it looks like ass now because the white stripe is too big, due tothe flywire. They needed to ditch the tri-color and go with a simple royal blue collar.

Agreed. The collars look fine when they are a solid color. The multi color collars look terrible. I saw some of the bears game last night, their collar is 100 percent navy blue and it looks fine.

Ramius, actually there are small blue and red stripes around the Bills' collar.

looks like utter ass, agreed. john travolta in saturday night fever

The white collars are getting me more aggrevated than anything. How anyone would allow them to be on those or anyone else in the nfl challenges my theory of design and symmetry. Truly the ugliest thing I have ever seen. We need to make this thread as long as possible and pass it to the Bills brass so they can switch to either all blue or no fly wire!

I can only hope I'm watching the Bills play in late January/early February and thinking to myself, "damn, I hate those effing collars."

I can only hope we rename the stadium Ralph Lauren Stadium and the team wears red butterfly collars next year, or whatever will make our resident fashionistas happy.

Why did the Bills wear white dress shirts with the collars open under their uniforms last night? Other than that I didn't see anything remarkably different about the new uniforms. But I would definitely like to see them not wear those anymore. Or at least button up the collars for next game.

Not a collar, it is part of the new jerseys. Nike took over the NFL jerseys this year, and since they couldn't make any major changes to the Bills since the new uni's are only one year old, they had to find something to modify them so you could tell theirs from Reebok. Personally I don't care for the new changes myself either, prefer last years style. Also the material of the jerseys that you buy this year is different too, not quite as comfortable.

I don't care what they wear. I just want them to win.

Of course that's true.

I'm not rooting for them any less. But to the people who say, "I don't care if they wear pink as long as they win," well understand there are some of us who appreciate sports uniforms. I love NHL jerseys from the 80's. I love the old Bucs orange uniforms. I love the fact the Orioles went old school again. It's just a part of the game that some of us appreciate. If you can look at a Minnesota North Stars jersey and tell me you can't appreciate how sweet it is, then maybe this thread isn't for you.

Didn't like them at all. Kind of reminded me of the goofy looking Oregon Ducks uniforms but a lot more mild. Nike is out of control.

Did anyone happen to see the Seahawks jerseys? Good lord what is Nike thinking.

Edited by FreakPop

I don't think anybody likes those collars.

While we're on the subject of jerseys, will the Bills be wearing blue pants on the road, Friday? I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Edited by NoJustice

Yeah, those collars are awful...IIRC., the Bills had a choice on the collars, and went with those...noticed them on a few teams in pre-season highlights....just hideous design. As I said in the Shoutbox during the game, the Bills really stand out....like they should all be wearing clip-on ties or something...just bad. When they were interviewing Fitz on the sideline, and you saw them up close, it just looked like something had been torn off the front of his jersey, in the collar area.

Funny, there are some teams (Packers for instance) that just stuck with their traditional collar style. I can't help but feel that the Bills went this way, to make these uniforms more distinguishable from the throwbacks they introduced a few years ago. Too bad...cuz, other than that, I love the uniforms.

Incidentally, was playing Madden 12 the other day (for the first time since it came out last summer) and while the Madden game has the Bills "new" look, the collars are red...it actually looks kind of cool, especially in comparison to what they went to. Not much red in the new unis.

Edited by Buftex