Lynch arrested on DUI

boyst

Hating the Spiller pick at any time, hindsight or not has no merit. the old "we had holes to fill across board" logic is ridiculous at best. If the Bills didn't pick him, he'd be lighting it up somewhere else, and then the front office would be getting slammed for not taking the guy. We had a hole to fill at RB, Spiller was the best player on the board, and we filled it. No Marshawn was not filling that need, he was not even averaging 4 yards a carry at that time, and Freddie had not exploded onto the scene yet, not to mention there were no elite, impact/game changing or pro bowl caliber player on the roster at that time. So with that said, and what were are learning about Spiller as he is developing into a great pick, what reason other than Blind hatred do you have for not liking the pick? What other player picked in the top 20 would you have selected? Exactly... none.

It's funny how a thread about Marshawn can spin into an "I hate the Spiller pick" conversation, if you can't like the guy now, what would it take? a Hall of fame career to finally sway you?

well, atleast he had a reason - that he doesnt think that even great running backs are of good value at 10.

under that logic it wouldnt have mattered to him if spiller played well, he wouldnt have been worth it. To totally exaggerate it - it is the same idea as drafting a kicker or punter early, or a center in the top 10. it just isnt good value.

i dont agree with his assessment, but its not quite what you characterize it as.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, little in return.

Hairston gives us depth at left tackle (and a guy Nix said we can win with as our starting LT) and a rookie LB who was defensive MVP of the Rose Bowl and should be a strong special teamer. A Coy Wire type of overachiever and team leader.

Too early to judge but I'd rather have what we have. Lynch will probably be suspended for the year (gun charges, hit and run, now DUI) at which time I'm sure he'll stay out of trouble living back in Oaktown with his homies....

So this leads me to believe one of two things.

1) You think there were two better players the Bills could have drafted with those picks. If that is the case, who are they?

Or

2) You think the Bills made a big mistake in getting rid of Lynch, and should have gutted it out and stuck with him as our starting RB. Even though he was just one strike away from being suspended for an entire year.

Which is it?

So this leads me to believe one of two things.

1) You think there were two better players the Bills could have drafted with those picks. If that is the case, who are they?

Or

2) You think the Bills made a big mistake in getting rid of Lynch, and should have gutted it out and stuck with him as our starting RB. Even though he was just one strike away from being suspended for an entire year.

Which is it?

He also seems to think Lynch is better than Fred Jackson in that case.

has that ever happened to an athlete?

Im almost positive that the NFL has greased the proper palms so that any player with a record can still make the trip. Or there is just a work-related law that allows them passage.

It would be too embarrassing for the NFL to have star players left out of games because they weren't allowed into the country.

Im almost positive that the NFL has greased the proper palms so that any player with a record can still make the trip. Or there is just a work-related law that allows them passage.

It would be too embarrassing for the NFL to have star players left out of games because they weren't allowed into the country.

exactly my point.

i also dont think canada wants to keep multimillion dollar events from scheduling inside their borders because companies cant count on stars to be available or they are worried about the bad press they would receive.

if this was a real concern, the bills would not be playing games in toronto. the nfl wouldnt stand for it.

Edited by NoSaint

exactly my point.

i also dont think canada wants to keep multimillion dollar events from scheduling inside their borders because companies cant count on stars to be available or they are worried about the bad press they would receive.

if this was a real concern, the bills would not be playing games in toronto. the nfl wouldnt stand for it.

so double standard, 'nuff said...

so double standard, 'nuff said...

there very well may be (and likely is) employment exemptions in place. that said, i was just pointing out it would make no sense from the canadian side to have a hard line drawn in the sand here, and if there was any chance one existed the nfl wouldnt be playing games there as a means of why the original post likely wasnt true. beyond the fact that no ones been kept out yet.

Just checked, there's several along 880 where they picked him up.

Wow, if he got busted on the 880 he had to be really screwing up. The 880 at times is

like the last lap of a Indy car race. Anything and everything goes. It can be an intimidating stretch of road on weekend nites, unless your used too it.

What would you expect to get out of a guy that was classless, and a thuggish punk who was one strike away from a big suspension? The bill's were cutting their ties from an ignorant pick the previous regime made, you hardly ever get true value with a trade when it involves draft picks, if i recall marshall faulk was traded for a 2nd rounder.

Hating the Spiller pick at any time, hindsight or not has no merit. the old "we had holes to fill across board" logic is ridiculous at best. If the Bills didn't pick him, he'd be lighting it up somewhere else, and then the front office would be getting slammed for not taking the guy. We had a hole to fill at RB, Spiller was the best player on the board, and we filled it. No Marshawn was not filling that need, he was not even averaging 4 yards a carry at that time, and Freddie had not exploded onto the scene yet, not to mention there were no elite, impact/game changing or pro bowl caliber player on the roster at that time. So with that said, and what were are learning about Spiller as he is developing into a great pick, what reason other than Blind hatred do you have for not liking the pick? What other player picked in the top 20 would you have selected? Exactly... none.

It's funny how a thread about Marshawn can spin into an "I hate the Spiller pick" conversation, if you can't like the guy now, what would it take? a Hall of fame career to finally sway you?

In my opinion Freddy had not exploded yet because he was never given a fair chance to be the starter, he played great football when he was splitting time also, once the offense started to roll a bit it opened up space for him to fully shine. I like the previous poster must hold higher expectations for a running back that was chosen 9th overall, to me franchise backs are picked that high, i hope spiller turns into one but him starting 6 games and staying healthy hasn't convinced me he's turning into a great back. I was dumbfounded with the pick when it happened and i am fine with it now and just hope it turns out for the best, but he has alot of work left to do for me to consider it a great pick or developing into a great pick, he don't have the instincts most great backs have.

Edited by billrooter

Not that surprised from what I had heard about him. Though he avoided arrest or headlines for a bit the rumors I was getting involved the same nonsense he was getting into here. Shipping him out was the right choice. Kid will be lucky if he ever gets his head on straight - definitely has drug/alcohol issues, maturity issues and too much money for his own good from what I gather. It's a shame as he has a lot of potential on and off the field.

Marshawn and Travis Henry...now there were two awesome Bills players if you don't mind the whole gangsta thing and baby populations explosion.

Marshawn and Travis Henry...now there were two awesome Bills players if you don't mind the whole gangsta thing and baby populations explosion.

Travis Henry might have been the best back we have had in the last 15 years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/marshawn-lynch-almost-hit-two-cars-before-dui-arrest/

Apparently he almost hit 2 cars as well.

The legend of chippewa lives on!

Driving his ford econoline van at 4am!

The legend grows.

The jokes just write themselves - beyond the obvious down by a river content... Dude has a candy endorsement and a van?

Comedic gold. Beef moe. Beef moe indeed.

Edited by NoSaint

I thought he was starting to get it in Seattle. It's unfortunate because he's a lot of fun to watch when he's on the field. Off of it is another story, just another misguided kid. Goddell will have a field day with him, I can actually see an 8 game suspension.

I thought he was starting to get it in Seattle. It's unfortunate because he's a lot of fun to watch when he's on the field. Off of it is another story, just another misguided kid. Goddell will have a field day with him, I can actually see an 8 game suspension.

Im not going after you directly but Im going to use your post as an example of a huge problem. When did we start calling people in their mid twenties kids? Its just another pitiful way society enables the jerkoffs of the world. Yeah poor Marshawn is still a kid and came from a bad area. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lifes tough, grow up and act like a man.

Im not going after you directly but Im going to use your post as an example of a huge problem. When did we start calling people in their mid twenties kids? Its just another pitiful way society enables the jerkoffs of the world. Yeah poor Marshawn is still a kid and came from a bad area. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lifes tough, grow up and act like a man.

If you think I'm justifying him for being a "kid" you're wrong. I don't feel sorry for him, he needs to grow the fck up for his sake.

If you think I'm justifying him for being a "kid" you're wrong. I don't feel sorry for him, he needs to grow the fck up for his sake.

I wasnt intending to accuse you of that. I do think that sort of evaluation is common though.

Edited by PushthePile

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/marshawn-lynch-almost-hit-two-cars-before-dui-arrest/

Apparently he almost hit 2 cars as well.

The legend of chippewa lives on!

Sung to the tune of Gordon Lightfoots "the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald";

The Wreck of a man they called Beast Mode

The legend lives on from Chippewa on down

To the big road they call the 880

The road it is said attracts feet of lead

And can draw legal fees that are hefty

With a load of fat whores two and a half tons more

Than his econoline van weighed empty.

That big van and crew was about to get screwed

When the CHP saw he'd drank plenty

The running back was the pride of the Buffalo side

Adter showing some promise real early

But as some predictions said he might wind up dead

Cause he tended to be dumb and act squirrelly

I could do more but Hells Kitchen is on.... ;)

Maybe you didn't realize that Hariston was our starting LT at the end of last year and is competing for the starting job this year? I guess you'd rather be grumpy with a suspended RB.

<_<

Sure, Gailey and Nix are so confident in Hairston they didn't use a second round pick in this years draft to draft a LT.

I was always a big fan of Lynch's game on the field, and his uniquely funny off the field persona. Mostly because of the latter, I was a little bummed out when he was shipped off, but I wasn't over the top upset because running backs like him are a dime a dozen.

Getting rid of him, while it hurt my jersey collection, was one of the best moves this current staff has made so far.

I hope Lynch pulls it together though- I love watching him play and can't get enough of his (legal) nonsense off the field.

All I'm going to say without reading after the first page of this thread is "I Told You So!!!" when everyone was calling the trade a dumb move and Spiller pick a dumb move. This f---ing idiot will be lucky if he cam return after a season. Th thing ia he ain't getting any younger an he's now seen as a big problem. He will get a year probably and I dare say that not many teams or any will kick his tires again. He's a thug and an idiot and I think he will sail off into the sunset as another broke football player with many law issues under his belt after he's blown through his millions by the time he's 30.

All I'm going to say without reading after the first page of this thread is "I Told You So!!!" when everyone was calling the trade a dumb move and Spiller pick a dumb move. This f---ing idiot will be lucky if he cam return after a season. Th thing ia he ain't getting any younger an he's now seen as a big problem. He will get a year probably and I dare say that not many teams or any will kick his tires again. He's a thug and an idiot and I think he will sail off into the sunset as another broke football player with many law issues under his belt after he's blown through his millions by the time he's 30.

Dwi goes under drug not conduct.... So depending on his prior strikes this looks like 4 games, max.