Lynch arrested on DUI

boyst

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was his drunk mode lol

I was reluctant to come in this thread as they're usually pretty predictable: one group asking "Where are the people who hated it when we shipped him out?"; one group talking about what a dumbass he is (and he is); and a few people who want to "reserve judgement."

But "drunk mode" made it worth the visit.

i wonder if it was Ponch that pulled him over

:lol:

I think Ponch is a bit too old & flabby to be ridin' his hog on the bad streets of OakTown at 3 a.m.

BTW, I wonder how blowing over .08 equals "suspicion of DUI" ???? :unsure:

( I'm pretty sure that .08 = DWI in ' The Golden State' )

I expect to hear crickets from the crowd that bitched about drafting spiller and trading lynch......

This was just a matter of time

Well, I never bitched about drafting Spiller, but I was one of Lynch's biggest supporters here on TSW and was upset to see him traded. Guess the Bills saw deeper problems with BeastMode and, in hindsight, clearly they were right to move him while they could.

And, at the time, I thought they have gotten more than 4th & 5th round draft choices for a former #12-overall pick. But, again, Buddy seems to have made the most of those 4th & 5th round picks - which is why I am all through with questioning Nix's judgement...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

I'd rather take the advice of Dr. Tobias Funke. A lot of his and Dr. Phil's platitudes are pretty similar.

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day" -Dr.Phil

Edited by ajzepp

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested over the weekend in Oakland, Calif., for suspicion of driving under the influence, the San Jose Mercury News and KGO-TV in San Francisco are reporting.

The newspaper, citing a sheriff's spokesman, reports the former Cal football player was arrested Saturday night and taken to Santa Rita County Jail. The Mercury News reports Lynch was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-07-17/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-dui-nfl

Santa Rita? Might be the worst jail in America...Oakland feeds it. Marshawn in the bullpen!!

Even though this means he'll be rested for the game here in Toronto, I don't think its a big deal. Maybe its just being spoiled seeing Freddy do this thing the last few years, but I find Lynch to be quite overrated anyway. He's an average RB at best. Not sure how he made the top 100 players list (even though that list is a bit of a sham).

I was reluctant to come in this thread as they're usually pretty predictable: one group asking "Where are the people who hated it when we shipped him out?"; one group talking about what a dumbass he is (and he is); and a few people who want to "reserve judgement."

But "drunk mode" made it worth the visit.

Drunk mode had me lmao.

I love the power running game Lynch uses. I just youtubed the 67 yrd run vs saints. First imo, was the best running play I have ever seen, EVER. How he shoved off a guy coming full force at him for about 5 yards was monster. 9 men missed him according to you tube. Including Jabari Greer lol.

Freaking dumb of him.

Even though this means he'll be rested for the game here in Toronto, I don't think its a big deal. Maybe its just being spoiled seeing Freddy do this thing the last few years, but I find Lynch to be quite overrated anyway. He's an average RB at best. Not sure how he made the top 100 players list (even though that list is a bit of a sham).

Now you're in hatemode.

That depends on your definition of "little in return."

For Lynch, the Bills got a 2011 4th rounder, Chris Hairston, and a 2012 5th rounder, Tank Carder.

Like I said, little in return.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Like I said, little in return.

Maybe you didn't realize that Hariston was our starting LT at the end of last year and is competing for the starting job this year? I guess you'd rather be grumpy with a suspended RB.

<_<

I think the nfl should contractually mandate reversable vasectomies and after hours drivers for any event where alcohol is present for all players, unless an interview is conducted to waive the requirement. 20 year Old millionaires are dangerous to everyone including themselves.

Ya thatll hold up in court :unsure:

Maybe you didn't realize that Hariston was our starting LT at the end of last year and is competing for the starting job this year? I guess you'd rather be grumpy with a suspended RB.

<_<

LOL @ "little in return." At worst Hairston will be an excellent RT (at the latest by next season), if he doesn't win the LT job.

BTW, I wonder how blowing over .08 equals "suspicion of DUI" ???? :unsure:

( I'm pretty sure that .08 = DWI in ' The Golden State' )

I believe all driving while intoxicated crimes are considered Driving Under the Influence/DUIs in California. Doesn't matter what drug is in your system; it's the same crime. (There might be additional charges if it's an illegal drug.)

Hated the Spiller pick then, hate it now ..but had nothing to do with Lynch. I am of the ilk that hates taking a RB that high no matter what..especially so in the Bills situation of a lack of talent across the board a couple years ago.

Now for Lynch, surprised he consented to the chemical test..once you fail that awful tough to overcome . All I could find was suspicion of DUI, so will wait for the results , but what a dumb ass. Not only do these guys have the money to pay for a cab...the NFL has a program where it is stinking FREE for them

- Once Spiller started getting real playing time he was putting up solid numbers

- If we had not brought in someone....who would have played when Fred Jackson went down?

- Fred Jackson is a wonderful RB....but is no spring chicken

- The picks we got from Lynch turned into Hairston who can play on either side of our line and I predict will be our starting RT....and that LB we picked up this year......who is at worst gonna be a monster special teamer.

It was the right move

I believe all driving while intoxicated crimes are considered Driving Under the Influence/DUIs in California. Doesn't matter what drug is in your system; it's the same crime. (There might be additional charges if it's an illegal drug.)

Good point, considering it was "suspicion" of DWI, it is very likely he was "high as balls" (as the kids like to say). I'd imagine if he was drunk, they would have nailed him on the breathalyzer.

Regardless, dump player is dumb. All there is to it. I liked Beast Mode when he was here, but Nix/Gailey saw the writing on the wall and made the right decision on the kid.

what's good for the goose, better damn well be good for the gander... especially since he DID hit a Canadian citizen... c da link...

http://www.kbolaw.com/canada.htm

Hated the Spiller pick then, hate it now ..but had nothing to do with Lynch. I am of the ilk that hates taking a RB that high no matter what..especially so in the Bills situation of a lack of talent across the board a couple years ago.

Hating the Spiller pick at any time, hindsight or not has no merit. the old "we had holes to fill across board" logic is ridiculous at best. If the Bills didn't pick him, he'd be lighting it up somewhere else, and then the front office would be getting slammed for not taking the guy. We had a hole to fill at RB, Spiller was the best player on the board, and we filled it. No Marshawn was not filling that need, he was not even averaging 4 yards a carry at that time, and Freddie had not exploded onto the scene yet, not to mention there were no elite, impact/game changing or pro bowl caliber player on the roster at that time. So with that said, and what were are learning about Spiller as he is developing into a great pick, what reason other than Blind hatred do you have for not liking the pick? What other player picked in the top 20 would you have selected? Exactly... none.

It's funny how a thread about Marshawn can spin into an "I hate the Spiller pick" conversation, if you can't like the guy now, what would it take? a Hall of fame career to finally sway you?