Lynch arrested on DUI

boyst

I expect to hear crickets from the crowd that bitched about drafting spiller and trading lynch......

This was just a matter of time

+1 -- It was just a matter of time, but I really was happy to see him go because he is an average back at best. I just wish we would have been feeding Fred the rock all this time instead.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching Todd McShay questioning Lynch's maturity issues after the Bills drafted him. ESPN showed a clip of Lynch driving a golf cart on the football field after a Cal win and he nearly ran over fans that were running on the field to celebrate. I always like him as a player but he needs to grow up before he kills somebody. For those that are thumping their chest that Nix traded him, the Bills got little in return and Lynch basically single-handedly won the Seahawks a playoff game.

I remember watching Todd McShay questioning Lynch's maturity issues after the Bills drafted him. ESPN showed a clip of Lynch driving a golf cart on the football field after a Cal win and he nearly ran over fans that were running on the field to celebrate. I always like him as a player but he needs to grow up before he kills somebody. For those that are thumping their chest that Nix traded him, the Bills got little in return and Lynch basically single-handedly won the Seahawks a playoff game.

Who'd we draft with the pick?

That depends on your definition of "little in return."

For Lynch, the Bills got a 2011 4th rounder, Chris Hairston, and a 2012 5th rounder, Tank Carder.

Ok, I just looked it up. The Bills drafted Hairston (swing tackle who could be starting at either side) and Tank Carder with the two picks acquired in the Lynch trade.

I'll leave it to others to decide if the Bills were "swindled."

Ok, I just looked it up. The Bills drafted Hairston (swing tackle who could be starting at either side) and Tank Carder with the two picks acquired in the Lynch trade.

I'll leave it to others to decide if the Bills were "swindled."

but we also cleared capspace!

He will be quite useful to the Seahawks while serving his suspension

Hated the Spiller pick then, hate it now ..but had nothing to do with Lynch. I am of the ilk that hates taking a RB that high no matter what..especially so in the Bills situation of a lack of talent across the board a couple years ago.

Below are the next 10 picks. WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT, who would you have taken # 9 instead? As to your comment about talent across the board, Spiller was the most talented player left at #9.IMO. I only see JPP as a choice, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.Maybe Davis, maybe.

(10) Alualu, Tyson DE 6'3" 295 California

(11) 49ers (From Bears through Broncos) Davis, Anthony OT 6'5" 323 Rutgers

(12) Chargers (From Dolphins) Mathews, Ryan RB 6'0" 218 Fresno State

(13) Eagles (From 49ers through Broncos) Graham, Brandon DE 6'1" 268 Michigan

(14) Seahawks (From Broncos) Thomas, Earl SS 5'10" 208 Texas

(15) Giants Pierre-Paul, Jason DE 6'5" 270 South Florida

(16) Titans Morgan, Derrick DE 6'3" 266 Georgia Tech

(17) 49ers (From Panthers) Iupati, Mike OG 6'5" 331 Idaho

(18) Steelers Pouncey, Maurkice C 6'4" 304 Florida

(19) Falcons Weatherspoon, Sean LB 6'1" 239 Missouri

(20) Texans Jackson, Kareem CB 5' 10" 196 Alabama

Edited by Dopey

remove his statue immediately and get rid of the seattle seahawks football operation! only solution! he is a known violator that has been allowed to go about his day to day business. :devil:

Seattle RB Marshawn Lynch arrested for suspicion of DUI.

Per ESPN text...no word yet on if he was leaving an Applebees.

Below are the next 10 picks. WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT, who would you have taken # 9 instead? As to your comment about talent across the board, Spiller was the most talented player left at #9.IMO. I only see JPP as a choice, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.Maybe Davis, maybe.

(10) Alualu, Tyson DE 6'3" 295 California

(11) 49ers (From Bears through Broncos) Davis, Anthony OT 6'5" 323 Rutgers

(12) Chargers (From Dolphins) Mathews, Ryan RB 6'0" 218 Fresno State

(13) Eagles (From 49ers through Broncos) Graham, Brandon DE 6'1" 268 Michigan

(14) Seahawks (From Broncos) Thomas, Earl SS 5'10" 208 Texas

(15) Giants Pierre-Paul, Jason DE 6'5" 270 South Florida

(16) Titans Morgan, Derrick DE 6'3" 266 Georgia Tech

(17) 49ers (From Panthers) Iupati, Mike OG 6'5" 331 Idaho

(18) Steelers Pouncey, Maurkice C 6'4" 304 Florida

(19) Falcons Weatherspoon, Sean LB 6'1" 239 Missouri

(20) Texans Jackson, Kareem CB 5' 10" 196 Alabama

I really dont think my abilities should be discounted :nana:

i wonder if it was Ponch that pulled him over

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested over the weekend in Oakland, Calif., for suspicion of driving under the influence, the San Jose Mercury News and KGO-TV in San Francisco are reporting.

The newspaper, citing a sheriff's spokesman, reports the former Cal football player was arrested Saturday night and taken to Santa Rita County Jail. The Mercury News reports Lynch was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-07-17/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-dui-nfl

Seattle RB Marshawn Lynch arrested for suspicion of DUI.

Per ESPN text...no word yet on if he was leaving an Applebees.

Sucks for Seattle. They pretty much built that offense around him, and gave him that big contract. If convicted he is most likely out for the season. The millionaire athletes today are amazing, Lynch, Dez Bryant, etc. Proof that millions can't buy common sense.