Lynch arrested on DUI

boyst

Seattle was also smart enough to have in the contract that suspension voids the signing bonus so they can cut ties for absolutely no penalty at all. Lynch will be kicking cans in two months or so more than likely.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link?

rotoworld link

An NFL executive tells Sirius XM Radio's Ross Tucker that a suspension for conduct detrimental or substance abuse defaults Marshawn Lynch's four-year, $31 million contract and voids guaranteed money.

If true, the contract structure was an incredibly prudent move by Seattle, realizing the suspension risk inherent in locking up a player who had already run afoul of the league's personal conduct policy on multiple occasions. Seahawks brass may have to confer with ownership to determine the future of their offensive focal point after his recent DUI. The contract Lynch signed in March contains $17 million in guarantees. Rookie Robert Turbin should be owned in all fantasy leagues while we await Lynch's fate with the organization and the NFL. Jul 18 - 9:35 AM

Seattle was also smart enough to have in the contract that suspension voids the signing bonus so they can cut ties for absolutely no penalty at all. Lynch will be kicking cans in two months or so more than likely.

Is this a Seattle thing, or an NFL thing? I admittedly only heard snippets on the radio this morning, but I think they were saying any violations of the NFL personal conduct policy act to void guaranteed money, and I guess I presumed it was league-wide.

Edit: good link, syhuang...thanks.

Edited by eball

Sure, Gailey and Nix are so confident in Hairston they didn't use a second round pick in this years draft to draft a LT.

So you are saying that Hairston was a wasted pick?

If so, who would you have taken in that draft at that position?

I can't help but find it ironic that even in the NFL, Pete Carroll can't get away from recruiting violations.

As slimy as Carroll is, if you ever wanted to break the law in a big way and get away with it, you'd want Carroll advising you.

We'll see. Sir Roger is judge, jury, and executioner.

with drug offenses he has no leeway and i had forgotten that DUI counts solely as a strike against the drug policy. its a pre-negotiated punishment. i imagine if, for instance, he got side charges with an accident or something he would have a chance to lay the hammer. if its JUST a DUI, he is neither judge, nor jury - its just a flat manadatory system. If he hasnt had a drug test come back positive (we normally dont hear first offense) and depending on how the gun/drug charge counts.... he will either get just a fine (first offense drugs) or a 4 game suspension (second offense). if he goes above that it may be more head butting between the nfl/nflpa

unless im incorrect?

Edited by NoSaint

Was a great call to ditch this guy while we could. I know it pains the Lynch apologists to hear this, but we got decent value for a guy that already had his share of legal problems. I would bet a large sum of money that this isn't his last run-in with the law either.

with drug offenses he has no leeway and i had forgotten that DUI counts solely as a strike against the drug policy. its a pre-negotiated punishment. i imagine if, for instance, he got side charges with an accident or something he would have a chance to lay the hammer. if its JUST a DUI, he is neither judge, nor jury - its just a flat manadatory system. If he hasnt had a drug test come back positive (we normally dont hear first offense) and depending on how the gun/drug charge counts.... he will either get just a fine (first offense drugs) or a 4 game suspension (second offense). if he goes above that it may be more head butting between the nfl/nflpa

unless im incorrect?

From what I understand, the alcohol and drug policy pertains to players caught with them in their system in random urine tests while things like DUI fall under the PCP. And while getting drunk is a substance abuse issue, getting into a car while impaired and driving is a conduct issue.

From what I understand, the alcohol and drug policy pertains to players caught with them in their system in random urine tests while things like DUI fall under the PCP. And while getting drunk is a substance abuse issue, getting into a car while impaired and driving is a conduct issue.

First offense is a game check

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/nfl-reportedly-wants-stronger-dui-punishment/

Edit:

Here's a better writeup - blog, but with links talking about marshawn... DUI is a substance offense not a conduct but his track record seems to potentially play a role. I'd be surprised though- it seems like it should be one or the other and not a double punishment.

http://mobile.fieldgulls.com/2012/7/18/3167470/marshawn-lynch-officially-charged-with-dui

First offense is a game check

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/nfl-reportedly-wants-stronger-dui-punishment/

Edit:

Here's a better writeup - blog, but with links talking about marshawn... DUI is a substance offense not a conduct but his track record seems to potentially play a role. I'd be surprised though- it seems like it should be one or the other and not a double punishment.

http://mobile.fieldgulls.com/2012/7/18/3167470/marshawn-lynch-officially-charged-with-dui

Goodell addressed the disproportionate number of DUI's earlier in this year in mid-June: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829c9ed3/article/roger-goodell-sends-memo-after-duis

This section implies that DUI is/can be considered a PCP issue:

"The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that we must all conduct ourselves in a manner that is "responsible, that promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful." Every negative incident undermines the respect we have earned from our fans, erodes the confidence of our business partners and threatens the continued success of the league."

Goodell addressed the disproportionate number of DUI's earlier in this year in mid-June: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829c9ed3/article/roger-goodell-sends-memo-after-duis

This section implies that DUI is/can be considered a PCP issue:

It would be an interesting issue. If outlined as substance in the CBA - he'd have no more right to call it conduct than to call steroids conduct for instance. After all, its unbecoming to juice. A defined punishment like this would be a bargaining chip - not something he could change unilaterally via a memo as far as my understanding goes - hence every article about that memo references the nflpa resisting the change.

Edited by NoSaint

Beastmode was diving a Ford Econoline van when he was stopped - what was he doing, delivering fish? Dude should be suspended 4 games for lame wheels for someone with a gold grill...

this.

something more was going on here. econoline + drunk millionaire = does not compute.

This looks like a setup.

Those Ford vans can be hard to drive in a straight line when the alignment is out of spec. hitting pedestrians can cause a poor wheel alignment.

it's a fact

Dwi goes under drug not conduct.... So depending on his prior strikes this looks like 4 games, max.

I don't think it matters. He's had previousbinstances with Ty law and Goddell has had talks with him before. My guess is at least 8 and possibly the season. Well see tho I guess. Either way, he's a POS and shouldn't have gotten so many chances. Running people over, he was most likely drunk then, caught with refer amd loaded weapons in a car. This guy is a thug and should be in prison.

I don't think it matters. He's had previousbinstances with Ty law and Goddell has had talks with him before. My guess is at least 8 and possibly the season. Well see tho I guess. Either way, he's a POS and shouldn't have gotten so many chances. Running people over, he was most likely drunk then, caught with refer amd loaded weapons in a car. This guy is a thug and should be in prison.

Yes, but that run was amazing for the Seahawks.

To your point, the MaryJane in the car is just dumb.

Having a loaded gun in a car is criminal.

Having a loaded gun in car with plenty of Marijuanes means this guy should not be in the NFL. period.

This should have ended then. Seriously. Then he gets big payday. Does that mean his behaviuor is acceptable to him. What the f. is the NFL the billion dollar Florida state criminal factory too.

And why dont these guys doing community service or weekends in jail.

One of the reasons i love the Bills right now is because we are building the team with character guys. Correct me if i am wrong, but even our sixth round draft pick has good morals, ethics and a strong work mentality.

I'm not a religous or political guy. Theses guys we have on the roster and the staff from top down such seem like darn good guys.

Merriman is a little iffy but i think he sees the light now :nana: