The Bills Mount Rushmore

Saw an article on another team on another website and it got me to thinking, if you had to choose 4 players in Bills history to be on their version of Mount Rushmore, who would it be? For me it would be:

Jim Kelly

O.J. Simpson (regardless of what has happened since, he is one of the top 2 or 3 Bills ever)

Bruce Smith

The 4th one was the toughest, but I will go with Thurman Thomas since he has an NFL MVP award to his credit.

I would put:

Trent Edwards

JP Lossman

Dick Jauron

Mike Williams

Immediately after it's creation I would devote my life to blowing it up.

Ok, so it's 4 different versions of Ralph Wilson's face. In the first one, he's grinning from ear to ear after the Bills crush the Raiders in the AFC Championship. The next face is a mixture of disappointed and distraught, following Wide Right. The third one, utter frustration - Trent Edwards finally seemed like the quarterback of the future and now he sucks too. The fourth one is in the throes of a toe-curling orgasm.

Saw an article on another team on another website and it got me to thinking, if you had to choose 4 players in Bills history to be on their version of Mount Rushmore, who would it be? For me it would be:

Jim Kelly

O.J. Simpson (regardless of what has happened since, he is one of the top 2 or 3 Bills ever)

Bruce Smith

The 4th one was the toughest, but I will go with Thurman Thomas since he has an NFL MVP award to his credit.

that is an interesting thought! mine would be jim kelly, billy shaw, jack kemp, and cookie.

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

No question on the first 3 but I think the 4th needs to be Mike Stratton. You can't have a Bills Mt Rushmore and ignore the 60s championship teams.

No question on the first 3 but I think the 4th needs to be Mike Stratton. You can't have a Bills Mt Rushmore and ignore the 60s championship teams.

I don't have a problem with that, was actually choosing between Thurman and Kemp.

Ralph for obvious reasons.

Bruce, Thomas, and Kelly because they are probably the most valuable players in franchise history, if you're talking solely about on-field performance.

Jack Kemp

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

This really pains me..but OJ Simpson.

O.J. is the best running back I have seen in my lifetime. As a person, well.......sigh. The closest to his run style was Barry Sanders but Barry was more - much more - east-west than O.J. The closest thing would be a combo clone of Barry and Emmitt Smith maybe.

Thurman Thomas was also exceptional - he could catch the ball and his screen plays were almost magical to watch. Freddie was -at times - Thurmanlike last year on some of his plays

I never saw Jack Kemp play so I can't comment on his inclusion or exclusion in your list....

O.J. is the best running back I have seen in my lifetime. As a person, well.......sigh. The closest to his run style was Barry Sanders but Barry was more - much more - east-west than O.J. The closest thing would be a combo clone of Barry and Emmitt Smith maybe.

Thurman Thomas was also exceptional - he could catch the ball and his screen plays were almost magical to watch. Freddie was -at times - Thurmanlike last year on some of his plays

I never saw Jack Kemp play so I can't comment on his inclusion or exclusion in your list....

Cookie or Kemp should be on the list, as they lead Buffalo to its only championships.

I talking about on field performance, tough to argue against Cookie, he was the Earl Campbell of his time. Jim Kelly, Elbert Dubenion, and OJ would round out my list.

Edited by rstencel

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

For me the 4th is a tie between Kelly Holcomb, and Geoff Hangartner

Edited by Turbosrrgood

For me, it would have to be Levy, Kelly, Smith, and Reed. I'd have to go with guys from the 4 straight superbowls.

Just my 2 cents but I think Thurman Thomas was more important than Reed.

Jim Kelly

Bruce Smith

Too modern

How can you leave out Cookie Gilchrist for one?

Man, it's tough, I can't stop at 4