Gilmore & Glenn High Bust Potential?

3putt

I mean c'mon, even if Glenn doesn't end up at LT but contributes to the upgrade of the line, how can he be a bust? And I heard a lot of predraft talk that Gilmore is a technician and lacks instincts, but even if he is not a shutdown but gives us coverage options for 2 TE sets, how can the "league sources" think he is a potential bust? Unless that source is BB.

Kind of surprised they'd say that about Gilmore. Seems to me he's always been considered one of the more "safe" picks of the class. Not elite, but solid.

I think the media needs a reason to rag on us. Our moves had made to much sense this year.

Addressed pass rush:Check

Resigned own guys: Check

Drafted good players: Check

Uh uh uh Gilmore might bust!

Glenn is a big dude. maybe he means busting waistline?

I'd like to think he means busting heads........like the heads of the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins D Line. :thumbsup:

I see this as the Bills picked them they must be a bust. But the talking heads is not who I listen too. I believe Nix and Gailey before I believe the so called experts. If they knew so much about these kids they would be a GM of a NFL team. I'm very excited for this year.

Don't see that for Gilmore, any more than any other typical 1st round pick.

As for Glenn, I wonder if perhaps the fact that there's debate as to what position he can/should play adds support for this argument. If he was a 4th or 5th rounder that could play G &/or T his versatility would be an asset. For an early 2nd rounder, you expect them to contribute soon & significantly. That requires zeroing in on a position. We're gonna try him at LT & there are some that don't think he's well suited for that. If indeed, they're correct, and it will likely take awhile to determine this, I could see how he might have a larger than normal chance to be categorized as a bust.

Personally, I like both picks. They address needs & for where they were picked, they could even be considered "value" picks.

To be fair, anyone drafted by the Bills has a high bust potential. We aren't exactly known for developing star players lately.

Hopefully that'll change with the new FO/Coaching staff.

It should be changing. Dearus getting 5.5 sacks as a rookie who was on a crappy D-line, Sheppard came on at the end of the year, Searcy looks good, and CJ Spiller looks like a player after he got into a groove. It will take a while to undo the stench of the Maybust pick.

Edited by RyanC883

Glenn and Gilmore are probably two of the "safest" picks in the draft

- Both have ideal size for their positions

- Played against strong competition in college

- No injury concerns

- There is no "P" word to them......meaning potential. They have shown they can play unlike some of our other picks (Maybin) who we expected to grow into the position.....those two HAVE grown into the position and then some

It probably depends what lens you measure them through.

if gilmore as a top ten corner must be a revis, then he may disappoint. i do think his floor is pretty high though and would be amazed if he isnt a consistent and very good starter for us from very early.

if Glenn must be a franchise LT, again, he may come up shy, but likewise if you told me i was getting a great guard, who could play pretty much any position in a pinch in the 40s, id be thrilled still. again i think he exceeds that, but even as the floor i see, its not a bust.

Glenn is a 2nd round pick, as long as he can be a quality starter somewhere on the line in a year or two its an ok pick, Just because we all want him to be a stud left tackle, he's not going to have the same expectations that will make him a bust as a Robert Gallery.

To be fair, anyone drafted by the Bills has a high bust potential. We aren't exactly known for developing star players lately.

Hopefully that'll change with the new FO/Coaching staff.

sure we are known for developing players... We just are also known for not renewing contracts of said developed players.

If Glenn has to be your LT then he has bust potential but at the very worse he backs up LT, LG, RG, RT at a very high level and only because Hairston, Levitre, Urbik, and Pears are playing lights out.

Does Gilmore have bust potential? yeah but only because all CBs have bust potential it's probably the hardest position to play because so much is out of your control- but my take is that the Bills defensive line is probably going to help Gilmore feel pretty comfortable and be pretty successful in his Rookie year.

sure we are known for developing players... We just are also known for not renewing contracts of said developed players.

Yeah like Wilson, Jackson, Kyle Williams & Stevie Johnson. They came fully developed or we did not renew their contracts.

According to the rankings they post in the video Glenn was the 19th best player in the draft and we got him in the 41st(?) spot. How is this a bad move for the Bills? And they consider his solely as an inadequate tackle, isn't his appeal in his ability to play multiple spots? Also, didn't a fourth rounder start the majority of the snaps last year and do so well that the Bills didn't resign their old starter?

Maybe Gillmore will have trouble adjusting to the game and be unable to be a stand out corner but don't call CJ Spiller a bust. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/08/2011s-best-performances-running-backs/

Leodis Mckelvin is a bust and his great physical talents do not translate into CB skills. A better comparison point than CJ would be the very real possibility the Bills just drafted the next Leodis.

This Nowraki guy really needs to stop questioning the intelligence of players. Especially when he hasn't even met them. He did it last yr in his Rediculous analysis of Cam, and now he's doing it again with Glenn. The guy is an idiot, so I'm not really taking ANYTHING this clown says seriously

This Nowraki guy really needs to stop questioning the intelligence of players. Especially when he hasn't even met them. He did it last yr in his Rediculous analysis of Cam, and now he's doing it again with Glenn. The guy is an idiot, so I'm not really taking ANYTHING this clown says seriously

As I'm sure you realized when you watched that video, he was relating the "word around the league" on Gilmore and Glenn, not his own opinion.

That, and $1.50, will get you a cup of coffee...

Nawrocki is the guy who said Cam was garbage and going to bust. He thought Maybin was a sure fire HOFamer. Enuf said about him.

Nothing to worry about Gilmore. He is a phenomenal athlete. His ball skills might not be on par with Mo Claiborne but he is faster, a better tackler and more dangerous coming off the edge. He is also extremely serious about his profession and has an outstanding worth ethic. He was a good student and is of impeccable character. For those who have'nt noticed yet he is also extremely confident. He is a very low risk pick with great upside. I think he will shine.

Glenn's upside is probowl left tackle. His downside is probowl RT or guard. Also a first rate person.

Actually, the Bills had an absolutely fantastic draft. Talent, value & need. Check.