DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotoworld's take:

Bills signed DE Mark Anderson to a four-year, $27.5 million contract, with $8 million guaranteed.

Look for Buffalo to release DL Dwan Edwards in the coming days. Anderson is a one-trick pony pass rusher, but he will add explosiveness off the edge in Buffalo's nickel package. The 29-year-old racked up 12.5 sacks and two forced fumbles in New England last season, including 2.5 playoff sacks. With Mario Williams set to play left end, Anderson figures to be the Bills' primary right defensive end, rushing off the weak side. With stud tackles Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams plugging the interior, you can make a good argument that Buffalo now has a top-five defensive line in terms of sheer talent.

If this ends up being the case, its a smart move.. I think they should hold onto Kelsay, unless they can't justify it over saving cap space.. The rotation with Kelsay, Anderson, Johnson (if he stays), Carrington, the two Williams, Dareus and others could be amazing if they have good luck with health this season.

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/295029-tell-me-about-Mark-Anderson

Here's some feedback from NE fans on Anderson. General consensus is he's a good pass rusher but no better than average otherwise. Might not be an every down player.

Kelsey against the run, Anderson on passing downs. Because there are a lot of pass first teams, i expect Anderson to play equal to slightly more snaps than kelsey

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/295029-tell-me-about-Mark-Anderson

Here's some feedback from NE fans on Anderson. General consensus is he's a good pass rusher but no better than average otherwise. Might not be an every down player.

I do think he is mostly a situational pass rusher (another reason to keep Kelsay around). But is there a worse source than the fans of a team he just left? What have we would we have said about some of our ex-players?

If this ends up being the case, its a smart move.. I think they should hold onto Kelsay, unless they can't justify it over saving cap space.. The rotation with Kelsay, Anderson, Johnson (if he stays), Carrington, the two Williams, Dareus and others could be amazing if they have good luck with health this season.

+1. Didn't realize that Anderson is not a 4 down rusher and more of a speciality player. If so, Kelsay will probably be around. It will be interesting to see if anyone else is gone outside of Kelsay. Another name to keep an eye on is Troup, as he was drafted to be NT.

Mark Anderson was their best pass rusher, and suffice to say he'll be playing next to superior dline talent in Buffalo. He'll very rarely see double teams as he's not the main guy teams will be concerned about. So he'll really have to do is win his 1 on 1 battles

Kelsey against the run, Anderson on passing downs. Because there are a lot of pass first teams, i expect Anderson to play equal to slightly more snaps than kelsey

They make a good rotation pairing. Throwing waves of fresh DEs at teams is the way to go...

the bills sign not one, but TWO pass rushers......

i'm really starting to worry about that Mayans 2012 prediction thing...

Don't worry about it. We already made it past that date. The Mayans didn't have leap years. Once those came about, we've added so many days that they day of ruin would have happened like 10 months ago. We're good. I'm thinking team comes down with a modern day version of the black plague being mire likely.

Edited by stevestojan

+1. Didn't realize that Anderson is not a 4 down rusher and more of a speciality player. If so, Kelsay will probably be around. It will be interesting to see if anyone else is gone outside of Kelsay. Another name to keep an eye on is Troup, as he was drafted to be NT.

That's a good question on Troup... I wonder if the 3-4 will get much play, with a new 4-3 base and, as Kelsay stated a while back in an article, the fact that they've played a lot of nickel with a 4 man front.. Not sure what they might be thinking with some of the obvious 3-4 guys or possible hybrid scheme altogether.. I would hope they still use the 3-4 in certain scenarios.

Like it! Killed two birds with one stone.

Filled a need for a pure pass rusher and at the same time took that player away from the cheaters. :thumbsup:

Go Buddy and company!

Don't tell anyone. The Bills are quietly building a championship caliber team...shhhhhhhhhh.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Don't worry about it. We already made it past that date. The Mayans didn't have leap years. Once those came about, we've added so many days that they day of ruin would have happened like 10 months ago. We're good. I'm thinking team comes down with a modern day version of the black plague being mire likely.

I think this post just changed my life. Thank you!

Love this move BTW.(Anderson Signing) The idea that he visited Buffalo after 2 or 3 stops shows we have something going here. We may have made Buffalo a destination for players with some good signings. Man we are getting BIG up front. Wanny know what he wants. Look at the moves the Bills are making on defense. I like every player they've re-signed. This offseason has been great so far. Cant wait for the draft.

Go Buffalo!

Edited by Smears

You're full of stevestojan.

The Mayan Long Count Calendar is not based on solar cycles, it uses base-20 math to calculate a number of days. Starting at 0.0.0.0.0. which has been approximated to be August 11th, 3114 B.C. on the Gregorian Calendar. There are about 1,872,000 days on the long count calendar, and when leap years are accounted for it places the end date on or around December 21st, 2012. The Mayan long count calendar did not need to account for leap years itself because it has nothing to do with them.

Love this move BTW.(Anderson Signing) The idea that he visited Buffalo after 2 or 3 stops shows we have something going here. We may have made Buffalo a destination for players with some good signings. Man we are getting BIG up front. Wanny know what he wants. Look at the moves the Bills are making on defense. I like every player they've re-signed. This offseason has been great so far. Cant wait for the draft.

Go Buffalo!

Dont get too excited...the theory about that calander is based sun and planets' orbits, etc....from what I understand they are supposed to align or get closer to alignment than they ever have been in human history and there are theories of gravitational imbalances and or solar disasters...may be wrong but thats what I remember, and fear... WE'LL SEE!

Except for the Mayan calendar did have leap years and it was actually more accurate because it was actually based on the solar cycle and lunar eclipses.

Edit: In addition, there's the long calendar that's math-derived. That's how they pegged the 12/21/2012 date (accounting for leap years).

Edited by kabnt2005

Mark Ludwiczak@MarkLud12 Signing of Mario Williams played a role in Anderson joining Bills. Anderson: "He played a big part." #Bills

Kind of funny, according to Mark Anderson he really didn't. He said he spoke to him and he likes him and liked playing with him but it had little to do with signing. Perhaps he was downplaying it, and surely it had an effect, but he basically said that everything went right with the coaches and organization and fans and teammates (and money obviously) and it was an easy decision.