Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Do you mean the hotel itself? I was referring to the city, like if the staff asked her about Buffalo and she politely said she liked it as opposed to complaining about the city which the hotel doesn't have much control over.

Yeah I think I dislike Ben Rapethisberger over any other athlete. I'm guessing your list for d bag buffalo athletes would include roy, campbell, and jim kelly

Your updates are awesome, though. I bet you have a zillion great stories about athletes.

Actually, Jim was always great with me, but I know some that have not had the same experience.

Thurman was always the best. He's genuinely a nice guy, very easy to shoot the s*** with, and accommodating from a work standpoint.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario is ours. He wouldn't be wasting this much time when there are millions on the line. He's as good as signed - will be sealed tomorrow.

That's what common sense would say. Who in their right mind would spend 48 hours with a team, including almost 12 hours at the team head quarters, spend another night and then decided to sign some where else?

I get it. It's a big life decision. It's a lot of money. It's family.

Well, many players with families have gone through free agency. I have NEVER seen a visit last more than 8 hours. But part of 3 days??? Come on man.

I'm pissed because if he says no, not only do we look absolutely pathetic, but we've wasted 3 days of FA. Yes, I know we could have shopped on others while wining and dining Mario, but without knowing if he will take up a ton of money on that guaranteed money, we are held back.

There's accommodating, then there's ridiculous. What's next? Bring in Tennessee's front office and let them use Buddy's office to negotiate?

**** or get off the pot. This fiancee must have quite some influence in his life. That pre-nup better be air tight.

*This post will be deleted if he signs. I'm allowed, online, to be a gigantic hypocrite.

I am feeling the same...I really want him, but ...

It's true!! The same dam agent. It's obvious. Nothing else could hold this up. Never seen anything like this

maybe the agent is busy with Manning and wants to be in Buffalo to put the finishing touches on in person or maybe Mario wants the Agent there and is waiting

i think Buddy would have told him to eff off if he felt he was getting played

Everyone is stressing about Tennessee, a middling team from a small market with absolutely no football tradition. Neither do they have the interior tackles we have to take attention off of Williams. Would Williams want to hear their sales pitch? Sure, why not? But, to think it's a guarantee he would pick Tennessee over Buffalo seems unduly paranoid, even by Buffalo standards.

Everyone is stressing about Tennessee, a middling team from a small market with absolutely no football tradition. Neither do they have the interior tackles we have to take attention off of Williams. Would Williams want to hear their sales pitch? Sure, why not? But, to think it's a guarantee he would pick Tennessee over Buffalo seems unduly paranoid, even by Buffalo standards.

I live in Memphis. Nashville is a very nice city, and no state income tax in TN.

Texans FB Vickers signed by Cowboys. The Texans don't seem to be chasing their guards Mike Brisel and Chris Myers, who are currently talking with other teams. Coupled with the release of T Eric Winston, it sure does look like they are dumping a lot of salary. Can't explain why a playoff team would potentially let 3 starting OL walk, unless they are making one last run at Mario.

Actually, Jim was always great with me, but I know some that have not had the same experience.

Thurman was always the best. He's genuinely a nice guy, very easy to shoot the s*** with, and accommodating from a work standpoint.

I've met Kelly a few times now through 15 or so years. The young Kelly was truly as ass...but he definitely mellowed with age. Literally went out of his way to be polite with me the last time we met. Attitudes do change with time...and family...and sons with fatal childhood diseases.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/bills-say-mario-will-be-back-thursday/

This pft post makes it seem as if A) the team is some untrustworthy source in these matters and B) there's still lots of work to be done tonight.

A source with knowledge of Williams’ plans tells PFT that, in reality, whether he indeed returns on Thursday depends on what happens tonight

Sabres win?

Texans FB Vickers signed by Cowboys. The Texans don't seem to be chasing their guards Mike Brisel and Chris Myers, who are currently talking with other teams. Coupled with the release of T Eric Winston, it sure does look like they are dumping a lot of salary. Can't explain why a playoff team would potentially let 3 starting OL walk, unless they are making one last run at Mario.

They have cap issues without Mario

But they already have 7 solid starters in the front 7...if they had cash why wouldn't they try and maintain their offense.

With all of the hype and a unparalleled three days of meetings and visits, the courting of Mario Williams may very well land in the epic Buffalo sports failure column if he doesn't sign. Obviously not as big as wide-right or no goal, but epic nontheless in a long series of tremendous disapointments for us Buffalo fans. I hope it works out.

maybe the agent is busy with Manning and wants to be in Buffalo to put the finishing touches on in person or maybe Mario wants the Agent there and is waiting

i think Buddy would have told him to eff off if he felt he was getting played

different agents, same agency i believe

More PFT blurbs

"A source with knowledge of Williams' plans tells PFT that, in reality, whether he indeed returns on Thursday depends on what happens tonight. Which suggests that negotiations are continuing — and that they're at a critical stage.":

Yea, just like eariler when"A source with knowledge" stated from PFT stated Mario was leaving Buffalo tonight...do these guys even have a clue or do they just guess at everything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/bills-say-mario-will-be-back-thursday/

Embassy. For what it's worth, this is a Drayton Florence tweet. He seems to think it'd be a good idea for Bills nation to show their support. I think, if done tastefully, it could make Williams feel good to see a nice little crowd of 50-100 people cheering for him outside his hotel. Anyone in? I live live pretty close and would go down with my fiancee, her friend, and dog if anyone else is interested.

Also,someone seemed sure he was staying at the Hyatt. Can anyone confirm his whereabouts? Florence seems to think he's at the Embassy.