Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bills ‏ @buffalobills

Mario Williams has left 1 Bills Drive for the evening. He plans to stay in Buffalo for the evening and return to 1 Bills Drive in the am.

I consider that good news. :)

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of soapboxes, glad you have a forum here to make sweeping generalizations about something either you know very little about or suffer greatly from envy. either way, believe whatever hell you want and leave us professionals to attempt to break actual news so jeremy 2020 can either refute or agree, but definitely read about it.

ironic, no. how much you need journalists, and how much you question our ethics.

jw

I think there are ample reasons, virtually daily, to question the ethics of the "for profit" media - and it's not at all envy. More of a check and balance that is required.

Well you're qualifier "conscience" is the argument. In this 24 hour news cycle are we supposed to give the media automatic credibility when it refuses to ever divulge sources. As someone with a degree I journalism I find the profession lacking credibility more as the days pass and this spectacle is a perfect example. Sorry jw but you're a good one among a lot of shams.

The problem is no one stops and takes a breath anymore. The minute they have a thought they tweet or text or post or whatever...Journalism is the worst. Think about it, people who get into journalism love finding out info and sharing it, otherwise they would not do what they do.

Now once someone gets the reputation as being 'knowledgeable', their every thought is allowed to be heard, because they give it out. And we, the masses, hang on every word.

Journalist are in such a hurry to break a story, because they understand it wont be long till some one else does. Ergo why at points during situations like this, we ride the emmotion train up an down

i'm busy calling my reporter friends to quote them as sources ... :devil:

but seriously, all's quiet and trying to track Mario's movements while now working from the Sabres press box.

the PFT report is interesting. can't confirm he is or is not leaving town, howeverm, the longer this goes on, the more it feels like he may want a second look elsewhere.

Bills did all they could in wining and dining and touring him around town. it's on him to make the ultimate decision.

jw

I'm not trying to say anything about you.

Would you ever use a single source and identify it with "A source with knowledge of the situation"?

Considering it's now official that he's staying the evening in Buffalo, it sure does seem like they went with flimsy information and didn't follow up on it.

I'll bow out of this since it's obviously a matter closer to you than it is to me and the question of the report being accurate has been settled.

I apologize for offense to you personally.

Edited by jeremy2020

According to Graham, the BILLS have pulled out "all the stops". If he doesn't sign, that means the franchise is likely doomed for serious free agents until Ralph is gone.

That would really suck.

I don't know why that is true? Different guys/players want and need different things. I still think he signs but if he doesn't, the one thing that was the deciding factor may not have any influence whatsoever on a different player. Maybe it would be his fiance, maybe it's because he is used to the south, maybe it's because he doesn't think we are close to winning, maybe it's because D] E] F] G] OR H].

It's too difficult to find the post I'm referring to, but I'm sure Fear The Beard will remember what I'm talking about... How about that confirmation by PFT of Mario leaving Buffalo tonight? How did that work out for ya?

You are right on. Apparently, Chris Brown just tweeted this.

He's not leaving tonight. I have a friend who works in a "non peasant" role at a downtown hotel. This person is typically responsible for booking the opposing teams when they choose to stay at this particular establishment.

Around 4:30 I got a text saying that Bills management called the hotel owner/ceo directly and requested a room for tonight. This was then passed down to the manager. The hotel had to scramble to make the room available.

Feel free to lynch me if I'm wrong, but this person has never been wrong before when sending me information.

On a side note, many of you need to take some Xanax.

you couldn't be more wrong. no professional writer with any thread of a conscience would do that.

jw

I would suggest, though, that in the twitter age there are quite a few unprofessional conscienceless writers.

Your silence has actually been rather deafening today. Which I appreciate.