Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this remind anyone else of the approach the Sabres have taken under Pegula? Taking a page out of their book in going after free agents...develop a personal relationship with the target and prove to them how much you want them and what you are willing to do to get them

Exactly what I was thinking to. Even if it turns out badly, at least they aren't folding before the flop and they are riding it to the river card.

Man, if Buddy actually makes this happen, the board is gonna 'Rosen' for sure! :devil:

SDS had better get some backup server capacity from freaking NASA or Google or something! If Mario signs the Interweb gears will grind to a halt...

If you fly to get him and bring him into your facility and then don't sign him you lose your job. You will lose all respect with the media and around the league...this is not something that they just try to get in the news. I have no connections to the organization but the only thing I can compare it to is in my business...I flip houses...I want a house I go to the broker and offer cash and close in less than two weeks and get a discount. This is effectively what Nix has done(without discount) going to Williams and simply throwing a big number at him.

Exactly what I was thinking to. Even if it turns out badly, at least they aren't folding before the flop and they are riding it to the river card.

Love the Hold Em analogy - Let's hope they have superb hole cards like American Airlines or KK!!

At this point, I don't care what he costs. Get it done Buddy!

Also, what do you guy think about the Bills being so public about Williams being in town. Is it "we know we're getting him, here's a sneak peak" or "See, we're trying!"...

I was thinking "see we are trying" at first. But the chartered jet, the entirely large public nature of it, makes me think they almost have a deal done. If they don't close this deal, that would be devastating from a PR standpoint.

I hear you. But hold that sentiment until Williams is signed.

Really??? Because it'll go right back to hating, saying Ralph is cheap, Nix is too old, etc if after making Mario the top offer and flying him up to Buffalo, he still decides to go somewhere else??

Because at that point you really have to ask what the heck these so-called-fans want OBD to do.

NIX HAS DONE EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE'D DO.

If you've been on here previously doubting him, it's time now to kiss his old wrinkly butt.

Mario is in Buffalo right now! The NFL channel just showed a twitted picture of Super Mario and Buddy Nix getting off the plane. Oh man, I sure hope that there's a big turn out of players and fans greeting this guy, showing him what Western New York is all about! Go Bills!

What if they don't sign these guys? Do they fly them to their next city? Does the next team come pick them up? Do they say thanks for the visit - here is cab fare to the airport. :)

An intern drops him off at the bus station.

PTR