Report: Dolphins will go after P. Manning

ET1062

If Manning goes anywhere, he will have his choice of teams. The Dolfish are not a place he would want to be.

I think his business card would read "wannabe organizations need not apply".

Yep. Manning will have a some say where he goes, otherwise he won't push back his bonus. He won't want to go to Miami. They can "go after" him all they want.

I wouldn't mind if he lands in Miami. It will be similar to when Favre went to the Jets. It is very difficult to plug an aging, injured vet QB into a brand-new offense and expect miracles to occur. Plus it's a 2-year band-aid, meaning they'll be looking to hit the reset button again very soon.

Miami's owner is a bumbling moron. Sparano coached the team well down the stretch, and Matt Moore looked more like an NFL QB than anyone they've had throwing passes since Marino. Yet they were looking for the big coaching splash (Fisher) and now are looking for the big free agency splash (Manning).

The Dolphins aren't going to be challenging for the division anytime soon if they continue doing business this way.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

All this talk about Manning and not one report stating that he will even be healthy enough to play next year.

Or that Manning wants out........

Or that the Colts are going to deal him away.......

Or that Rob Lowe isn't right.....

Why would he want to go to the Dolphins? He is at an age that he won't want to leave the Colts to go to a non contender, or a team trying a quick rebuild. He might as well stay with the Colts and be Lucks mentor. I haven't seen any sign from him or the Colts that they won't pay him his bonus, or that they don't want him to finish his career there. He can play for 2 more years and help prepare Luck to take over the spot. Its not like before where Luck would be making Manning money just for being the 1st overall. And Manning could always renegotiate to help out the Colts if they needed it.

Its funny that if the Giants win teh Super Bowl this year, Eli will have more SB wins then Peyton. I believe he would have more then his entire family combined....

The real question is why would Manning want to remain on a team whose defense typically came up short in the playoffs more often than not. There defense will likely be worse in the near future as well. In terms of legacy (just throwin it out there) it might appeal to him to try and win a ring on a second team where the great Marino could not win the big one.

I dont think he'll end up in Miami. But, if he actually did, I wouldnt mind him playing in our division. He can give Brady some competition every year. It seems like every year that Patriots have gone to the Superbowl its been because our division is weak and the Ravens and Pittsburgh beat the hell out of each other every year. If it gets Brady out of the playoffs, Im all for it.

The real question is why would Manning want to remain on a team whose defense typically came up short in the playoffs more often than not. There defense will likely be worse in the near future as well. In terms of legacy (just throwin it out there) it might appeal to him to try and win a ring on a second team where the great Marino could not win the big one.

That defense carried him to his only SB win.

If I'm Manning, the Dolphins are as undesirable as the Bills.

If I'm the Dolphins, Manning is as undesirable as Mark Sanchez. The Dolphins looked like a legitimately good team the second half of the year with Moore.

An old QB with a broken neck from a different system doesn't seem desirable... Yeah Manning is one of the all time greats and all that, but no one knows if he can really play, let alone play well.

His neck's being held together with Bubble Tape and Lincoln Logs

:w00t: True

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I can always count on you to expand my point. His ONLY SB win. From the mindset of a Bills fan that would appear to be good enough given what we have witnessed pulling for our team. To a competitor like Manning, I highly doubt that he would call that acceptable. Do you really think that those years of losing in the playoffs after some epic regular season winning streaks is cool with this guy. I am sure that he is well aware at the age of 36 that if he had the defenses his brother, Brady, Big Ben, or Rivers had supporting him that he wouldn't have conceivably won 3 or 4 rings by now? Sometimes you sound like a guy that has never personally competed and sacrificed for anything before or you would understand the psychology.

I think the Dolphins will get Flynn.

Why not start your 1st year in a new system with a QB who has been in that same system for years.

If they do not sign Flynn, then they are going the wrong way.

Edited by cody

If Manning goes anywhere, he will have his choice of teams. The Dolfish are not a place he would want to be.

I think his business card would read "wannabe organizations need not apply".

Don't be sure abut that...The Dolphins are pretty close to being a good team. They have a solid defense, which was pretty stout against the run. They have a pro-bowl/all-pro LT and a pretty good WR. If they can add a few more pieces to the offense like a TE and then Peyton Manning, they will definitely be in the playoffs...

They whupped us for gods sake!

I can always count on you to expand my point. His ONLY SB win. From the mindset of a Bills fan that would appear to be good enough given what we have witnessed pulling for our team. To a competitor like Manning, I highly doubt that he would call that acceptable. Do you really think that those years of losing in the playoffs after some epic regular season winning streaks is cool with this guy. I am sure that he is well aware at the age of 36 that if he had the defenses his brother, Brady, Big Ben, or Rivers had supporting him that he wouldn't have conceivably won 3 or 4 rings by now? Sometimes you sound like a guy that has never personally competed and sacrificed for anything before or you would understand the psychology.

Considering that P-Gump is the main one who folds in the playoffs, not the D's on his teams, I would have to say no, he's very fortunate to have 1 ring at all.

This will be a rough Super Bowl for his massive ego: either Brady gets another ring (cementing his superiority) or Eli gets another ring (proving that he is the best QB in the family)... and to top it all, the game is in Indy.

Kind of like Brady and the Pats, eh?

Ha!--the Fins beat us twice this year and people are worrying about losing to the Fins with Manning (or Flynn!!)....

Yes, because they'll always sweep the Bills. :rolleyes:

Ha, a brand new coach having to hitch his wagon to an almost-40 QB working on his fourth neck surgery? Definitely wouldn't want to be that guy.

Except of course that the almost 40 QB is one of the best QB's to play the game, and would be the guy in front to groom a guy that they are saying could be the best QB to come out of the draft since that "almost 40 year old QB", yeah it must really suck to be that guy :wallbash:

unless you are refering to Philbin of the Dolphins having to hitch his wagon to Peyton........

Edited by apuszczalowski

If I'm Manning, the Dolphins are as undesirable as the Bills.

Why? They are a real QB away from being a really good team. He has a major stud WR there, a TE he would assure would be in the Pro Bowl next year catching passes from Manning, and a ground game with a dynamic recieving back in Bush...plus a decent OL and an underrated D that is up and coming. Not to mention, if he has to go from a dome to outdoor, Miami has the best weather he is going to find. There is a lot of reasons Miami would be attractive, not to mention two chances to show down with his good friend Brady (and they really are friends off the field) every year.

If Manning becomes truly available, I can easily see Miami being a very attractive destination for him, not to mention the offensive mind of the new HC.

This could be very bad for the Bills...especially if the Jets get a veteran QB this offseason to replace Sanchez. Sucks, that two hot rumored destinations for Manning are both in the AFC east and neither are the Bills. If Jets or Miami get Manning we are most likely going to be no better than 3rd in the AFC East next year as NE (barring major injuries) will still be a 11+ win team and what ever team Manning goes to would be a real contender for 11+ wins as well.

We can only hope Manning stays out of the AFC East or we are going to have a really hard time over the next few years ever winning this division or making the playoffs.

As the old adage says "money talks & bull **** walks" :o !! We know that Ralph won't be in on it don't we !!!!

How can you say that. I'll bet Wilson has already been on the phone to Nix and asked him if he knows what team Manning is currently on and if he thinks Peyton will clear waivers.

If Peyton was smart he'd want to go to Denver. Let Tebowie sit for a couple of years and learn how to throw a football.

That would be the best defense he ever played with, + the running game wasn't 1/2 bad either.

Considering that P-Gump is the main one who folds in the playoffs, not the D's on his teams, I would have to say no, he's very fortunate to have 1 ring at all.

This will be a rough Super Bowl for his massive ego: either Brady gets another ring (cementing his superiority) or Eli gets another ring (proving that he is the best QB in the family)... and to top it all, the game is in Indy.

It gets interesting. The AFC is the "home" team this year so Brady gets Peytons locker, and Eli gets the visitors one. I thought that is kind of ironic.

He'll probably never play again. I have a similar injury and there is no miracle cure for it. A big hit could leave him in constant pain for the rest of his life, maybe even paralyze him. He's made a lot of money, he's got his ring, and his spot in Canton is already reserved. Time to ride off into the sunset.

Peyton went on record saying he doesn't "feel" right at the Indy facilities anymore.

He described the Indianapolis Colts' facilities as "not a real good environment" at the moment and said he has "no idea" if he'll be with the team next season.

Sources - radio sports show and ESPN.

Given the choice i'd rather see him in Miami than @ the NYETS

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Tannehill will not be a Bill. WR and a pass rusher are above the needs of a QB for this team. Hell a OT and CB may be ahead of QB.

THEY LOVE FITZ TOO MUCH. Get that through your head.

But. It doesn't mean I don't like your idea.

Edited by DukeyBomb