What did Jim Kelly say to Fitz on the sideline today?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Our IQs and football smarts are inversely proportional"

LOL! Like Kelly would ever even know the words "inversely" and "proportional" let alone use them in a sentence. And in a grammatically correct way to boot. Funny stuff.

I could see Fitzturnover saying that though.

GO BILLS!!!

I would like to see Jim Kelly push Chan down, grab the mic and start calling the plays. That would be epic.

Haha - oh yes - the guy who single-handedly cost them Super Bowl 25 with his playcalling should definitely start calling plays now!

HAND THE BALL TO THURMAN, STUPID!!

(Yes - I love Jim, but I do still hold that one grudge.)

That's right, and you don't know what Jim was doing. Like making a judgement call on something you saw 9 seconds of on the TV this afternoon. :thumbsup:

And we don't really know what kind of relationship Kelly and Fitzpatrick have, beyond that 9 seconds.

Fans better hope that Kelly never has an active role in the football operations side of this organization.

oh yeah.......I mean we could suck worse??????????

whatever, I'd rather have the best qb we ever had in charge of something than the crap we got in there now........chan? buddy? ralph? etc?

oh yeah.......I mean we could suck worse??????????

whatever, I'd rather have the best qb we ever had in charge of something than the crap we got in there now........chan? buddy? ralph? etc?

What role would you like Kelly to have? What does his resume consist of since he retired, that has him prepared for any position in an NFL front office/coaching staff?

That's right, and you don't know what Jim was doing. Like making a judgement call on something you saw 9 seconds of on the TV this afternoon. :thumbsup:

I don't care what he was doing, it's inappropriate for "Jim" to grab the current QB by the helmet to speak to him in that situation, Chimp.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy".

When Fitzloser has 10% of Kelly's HOF career, then he can be humiliated

I don't mind him being on the sidelines.

I think my point is clear, but you are missing it.

It is mostly the way he did it that bothered me too. If he just went over and said something to pick him up, well that's fine. But going over and turning Fitz's helmet up to look into his face was belittling. Like he was his father or something.

Yeah but Fitz was crying after all. Sort of like a litle snotfaced kid.

What role would you like Kelly to have? What does his resume consist of since he retired, that has him prepared for any position in an NFL front office/coaching staff?

Jimbo's resume has at least one bankruptcy that I know of. So I guess managing money is out, Plus he has said he has no interest in ever coaching. I think being a highly paid ambassador suits him just fine. i like the guy but I don't think he would play a big role in any change of ownership.

I hope your wrong, but no one should call you crazy for your suggestion that the Bills will make bad personnel moves. Only people who have not been paying attention the last 10 years could do that. I think that Fitz gets cut before the season, or is offered a restructured deal where they pay him less, and he goes back to his role as a backup. (which he is good at). I think the Bills sign Johnson and perhaps trade Jackson for another 1st rounder (he is getting older). Althoguh, I don't want to see that. Having a healthy Jackson and CJ producting would be fantastic.

A 1st rounder for Jackson. You're delirious. I don't believe in trading him but the best you could hope for is the infamous 4th rounder.

By the way, how does that 4th rounder for Lynch look now? Seattle must be happy. Who'd we take with that pick anyways?

Source? Link?

These links contain a few introductory paragraphs each about Jim Kelly's failed Buffalo restaurant/nightclub venture, but it's hard to tell very much from them:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-22902338.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-22827789.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-22844980.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-22392503.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-22868141.html

I'm not interested enough to get an online subscription to see the details.

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

I'm calling BS on this one. Nothing belittling about it. He was giving him words of encouragement. There is a fraternity among NFL QB's, particulary those that have played for the same team. He wasn't berating him, he was encouraging him. Nothing in the world wrong with that. I completely disagree with your assessment.

I don't care what he was doing, it's inappropriate for "Jim" to grab the current QB by the helmet to speak to him in that situation, Chimp.

Nonsense. Jim Kelly was offering words of encouragement at a time when Fitzpatrick badly needed them. Absolutely nothing "inappropriate" about it.

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

I agree.

Nonsense. Jim Kelly was offering words of encouragement at a time when Fitzpatrick badly needed them. Absolutely nothing "inappropriate" about it.

Nonsense!

I'm not the only one that thought it was out of line.

It sure looked belittling to me. And again, Jim Kelly wouldn't have appreciated that kind of thing from some former player in a similar situation.

As far as Fitz needing encouragement (so you at least agree that that's what Kelly was doing, some here think it is presumptuous to assume that is what was going on), I don't believe anything that could be said was going to help. After the game, that's when he can do that. Not on national television, and in front of fans.

Kelly didn't need that from some former player, he would get it from a coach or teamate. Fitz needs someone saying something to him. The Coaches are not. The other players are not. Time for some leadership. It's more an indictment of the current team and coaching staff that Kelly has to do this than it is belittling to Fitz.

Agreed. It is more embarrassing that a guy that played for us 10 years ago is more into the Bills turning this SH&* around than the Bills are. I'm not saying these guys don't work hard and play hard but there's no competitive fire. I think Kelly should be on the sideline every game. Everyone seems so nonchalant. It sucks as a fan to lose so many games and genuinely feel that the other team just wanted it more.