What did Jim Kelly say to Fitz on the sideline today?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

I think Kelly should stay out of it. It's humiliating to have some former player come by, in front of a crowd and on national televsion , grab your head to say "buck up little guy". He isn't a coach, and though many here think it's cool, I bet Jim Kelly wouldn't have liked it if OJ had come over to him, in his first season, to do that after an interception. It's belittling, though I don't think Kelly intended it that way (he just can't help himself).

Agreed. This isn't Jim's team.

Kelly didn't need that from some former player, he would get it from a coach or teamate. Fitz needs someone saying something to him. The Coaches are not. The other players are not. Time for some leadership. It's more an indictment of the current team and coaching staff that Kelly has to do this than it is belittling to Fitz.

Shave your damn beard, it's over!!

I hope so. When players have wacky beards or long hair (more the former) it says "Hey, look at me, I'm great." It's fine if you are actually great, but when you suck like Fitz has the past few weeks, it's time to shave the beard. As much as I hate Brady, he cut his hair/perm after they lost to the Bills.

When the fans say F$tzmoney is sucking or regressing right now, they forget that he has always been bad. The Rams and Bengals know this or they would have resigned him. He had the chance to start more then a couple of games on both teams. He has not regressed. He has returned to normal after having a great beginning. That is it. He will be on the team next season, be F$tzmoney, get cut half way through and the bills will be paying him for sitting on the couch. I also think the Bills dont resign Johnson and trade Jackson in the off season. Call me crazy.

Kelly didn't need that from some former player, he would get it from a coach or teamate. Fitz needs someone saying something to him. The Coaches are not. The other players are not. Time for some leadership. It's more an indictment of the current team and coaching staff that Kelly has to do this than it is belittling to Fitz.

Nothing was going to come from that gesture. Fitz isn't going to suddenly become a leader because Jim Kelly (or really anyone else) comes by to give him some encouragement in the current situation (3 ints, down by whatever it was, in the middle of a 7 game losing streak, finishing out a lame duck season). Get real. Plus you don't know what the players/coaches were doing, they just showed it on TV because it was Jim Kelly.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Nothing was going to come from that gesture. Fitz isn't going to suddenly become a leader because Jim Kelly (or really anyone else) comes by to give him some encouragement in the current situation (3 ints, down by whatever it was, in the middle of a 7 game losing streak, finishing out a lame duck season). Get real. Plus you don't know what the players/coaches were doing, they just showed it on TV because it was Jim Kelly.

That's right. I'm sorry. This team is full of leaders. I'm sure Chan Gailey can fix whatever is wrong and will have a good talk with him. Having words of encouragement from a Hall of Famer could do nothing good. Heck, it's not even worth Kelly's time trying. F-it, I'm with you. Lets just "get real" and give up.

BTW, TV would have showed Coaches talking to Fitz(ever watch a non-Bills game, coaches talk to QB's who are struggling and they show it on TV).

When the fans say F$tzmoney is sucking or regressing right now, they forget that he has always been bad. The Rams and Bengals know this or they would have resigned him. He had the chance to start more then a couple of games on both teams. He has not regressed. He has returned to normal after having a great beginning. That is it. He will be on the team next season, be F$tzmoney, get cut half way through and the bills will be paying him for sitting on the couch. I also think the Bills dont resign Johnson and trade Jackson in the off season. Call me crazy.

I hope your wrong, but no one should call you crazy for your suggestion that the Bills will make bad personnel moves. Only people who have not been paying attention the last 10 years could do that. I think that Fitz gets cut before the season, or is offered a restructured deal where they pay him less, and he goes back to his role as a backup. (which he is good at). I think the Bills sign Johnson and perhaps trade Jackson for another 1st rounder (he is getting older). Althoguh, I don't want to see that. Having a healthy Jackson and CJ producting would be fantastic.