New Buffalo Bills Graduate Management Assistant

Sniper

I figured I would let you guys know first.

I have been working on getting a chance to work underneath Littman, and the internal Marketing team.

I will be thinking of new ideas to help promote the team, image, products, tickets, stadium ideas and rules.

They really liked my knowledge of the league, and the team. It has to be due to so much message board talk and discussions.

Any thoughts ideas, questions, or comments will be appreciated and presented to Management!

-Sniper

I have been working on getting a chance to work underneath Littman, and the internal Marketing team.

I will be thinking of new ideas to help promote the team, image, products, tickets, stadium ideas and rules.

They really liked my knowledge of the league, and the team. It has to be due to so much message board talk and discussions.

Any thoughts ideas, questions, or comments will be appreciated and presented to Management!

-Sniper

The easiest way to sell tickets and raise prices is to produce a winner!

/THREAD

Good Luck.

Edited by qwksilver

-Sniper

Good luck! I'm jealous.

I'll go first. In no particular order:

1) Don't feature a photo of Brian Moorman punting out of his own end zone on any marketing, advertising, or promotional items (like the Bills did last year).

2) Do not use white pom poms at games. White signifies surrender. Pom poms are for girls. Holding pom poms prevents people from being able to clap, and pound things to increase crowd noise. Pom poms are made of paper and absorb noise.

3) Do not hold events honoring people like Scott Norwood. Fair or not, he is a symbol of failure, not success.

4) If you are gonna honor a player, honor Doug Flutie. In 1998 he inherited a 0-3 team and led them to a 10-3 record down the stretch. This coincided with a failing drive to sell club seats and luxury suites. If the team did not sell enough premium seating, an escape clause in the lease would kick in and the team could leave Buffalo. Flutie-mania took over the town and the premium seats sales campaign took off after we started winning games. It is arguable that Flutie secured the Bills future in Buffalo.

Flutie was our quarterback the last two times we made the playoffs. After he was unceremoniously yanked from the lineup, we lost in the game known as "The Music City Miracle" and have not made it back to the playoffs since. This sequence of events has come to be called by some, "The Flutie Curse."

5) Next time we have a uniform unveiling, don't make all the models wear the number 11 (or whatever number) simply because that is what year it is. The number 11 makes people look skinny. Also, a football team's roster is not made up of every player wearing #11. Number 11 was the number worn by Scott Norwood, Rob Johnson, and Drew Bledsoe. That particular number is associated with failure. The models all have different body types. Let them wear their favorite numbers and/or choose a number which suits their body types and makes them look like football players.

6) Posthumously induct Lou Saban and Cookie Gilchrist onto the Bills Wall of Fame. The exclusion of these two now deceased gentlemen is a travesty to the organization and its fans. It makes a mockery of the Wall. The family and survivors of these two men should be brought in and honored in a way befitting their immense contributions to the Buffalo Bills.

I'm sure I'll think of more but that's a good start.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Congrats. Now take care of what you post here. Maybe review and/or delete any old posts that could haunt you later.

I envy you. You will be inside the beast. You will see for yourself how OBD really operates. Is it as bad as the worst trolls here say, or are there good people trying to do good work. Of course you can't risk your position by sharing that priviliged info.

Good luck.

PTR

Stop emailing me crap about buying stuff on the online store after a Bills game.

Do not send me a text to go to the Bills site to see highlights of a game they just got blown out in.

Find a way to bring fans back to Buffalo. How many of us still live in the area? I know there are a lot of Bills fans in the Carolina's...get us interested in going back. Nothing does that more then winning!

Update the fashion in the online store. Some of it is just aweful.

There is no reason for us to honor anything at all about Buffalo at this point. I do not care of Thurman Thomas just cured cancer while Bruce Smith just solved world hunger - there is no joy in Buffalo right now. They need to realize those that still care are too pissed off to want to hear their bull ****.

Just win. We are doing the same things we've done before. Are we going to franchise SJ? Freddy? Then trade them? I am a big Fitz supporter. I question SJ's commitment and ability. I think Kelsay and Dwan Edwards are better then people think. I do not see as much value from Freddy in 2 or 3 years as I do now; a Marshall Faulk type of career. I differ greatly from the normal Bills fan but there needs to be change.

How about not making season ticket holders pay full price for the "kids game" Always pisses me off that I pay $80 to take a 7 year old to this game and the guy next to me paid $10.

This year was my 10th year as a season ticket holder and I got a certificate in the mail. How about a hat, keychain, or gift card to the Bills store. Do you realize how much money I have wasted on this team in the past decade and I get a certificate?

Get rid of the Toronto game, but work with Toronto travel agencies for more group outings. Continue to work with Toronto area businesses. We are NOT a small market when you include all of the population with in a 75 mile radius of Buffalo.

Instead of crying poor all the time, raise ticket prices to the league average and go out and get some top free agents and some real depth. Ralph claims we are a poor region. Toronto is not poor, and unemployment in the Buffalo area is well below the national average. Fans will pay higher prices for a winner, but Ralph has never invested in winning. INVEST IN WINNING.

Sign a new lease with Erie County without any escape clauses and expand the councources, consessions and bathrooms. The inner bowl is nice, but the Ralph is one of the most disgusting crowded stadiums in America.

Sell the name rights to the stadium.

Think about adding retail and restaurants to the complex with a Hall of Fame.

TV's in the bathrooms with cup shelves (Thank you Terry Pegula)

In response to another post: Pom Poms are made of plastic, not paper.

Encourage Ralph C. Wilson Jr. and the power that be to SELL THE DAMN TEAM!

I am sure I will have more ideas to come.

Variable pricing: Early season games and night games should cost more than December games. You can still keep your average price point where you want it, but this could help sell out late season games.

I tried out the Bills Ticket Exchange for the Titans game and was surprised that I was not allowed to sell my tickets below face value. No one is going to pay face for a meaningless game in December. Needless to say, my tickets did not sell.

Variable pricing: Early season games and night games should cost more than December games. You can still keep your average price point where you want it, but this could help sell out late season games.

I tried out the Bills Ticket Exchange for the Titans game and was surprised that I was not allowed to sell my tickets below face value. No one is going to pay face for a meaningless game in December. Needless to say, my tickets did not sell.

Surprised? Why would they want you selling tickets for cheaper than they do when trying to sell out the stadium?

-Sniper

Tell them to win once and a while... That will pick up sales. You will soon be President of the organization... :angry:

4) If you are gonna honor a player, honor Doug Flutie. In 1998 he inherited a 0-3 team and led them to a 10-3 record down the stretch. This coincided with a failing drive to sell club seats and luxury suites. If the team did not sell enough premium seating, an escape clause in the lease would kick in and the team could leave Buffalo. Flutie-mania took over the town and the premium seats sales campaign took off after we started winning games. It is arguable that Flutie secured the Bills future in Buffalo.

You just reminded me, Doug Flutie was Tim Tebow before we knew who Tim Tebow was . . . I totally agree, this team has been cursed ever since the Music City castration.

Anyhow, congrats on the Internship, learn all you can, build your network, and look to do/serve any way you can . . . and see if you can pull off some kind of public exorcism of Wade & the Nashville Nighmare: the day Doug Futie wasn't!

-Sniper

Congrats! Now get to work.

Look at the things that Jerry Jones has done and follow suit. The guy is a major A-hole, but he and his team are brilliant in how they market that team.

Have a contest to allow a fan to attend the Jills tryouts and give him a vote in choosing the final roster.

Put something together for the draft. Pay expenses etc. for a couple fans, fly them to NYC and allow them to meet the team's #1 pick.

Fix the team's website.

1) Don't feature a photo of Brian Moorman punting out of his own end zone on any marketing, advertising, or promotional items (like the Bills did last year).

2) Do not use white pom poms at games. White signifies surrender. Pom poms are for girls. Holding pom poms prevents people from being able to clap, and pound things to increase crowd noise. Pom poms are made of paper and absorb noise.

3) Do not hold events honoring people like Scott Norwood. Fair or not, he is a symbol of failure, not success.

Flutie was our quarterback the last two times we made the playoffs. After he was unceremoniously yanked from the lineup, we lost in the game known as "The Music City Miracle" and have not made it back to the playoffs since. This sequence of events has come to be called by some, "The Flutie Curse."

5) Next time we have a uniform unveiling, don't make all the models wear the number 11 (or whatever number) simply because that is what year it is. The number 11 makes people look skinny. Also, a football team's roster is not made up of every player wearing #11. Number 11 was the number worn by Scott Norwood, Rob Johnson, and Drew Bledsoe. That particular number is associated with failure. The models all have different body types. Let them wear their favorite numbers and/or choose a number which suits their body types and makes them look like football players.

6) Posthumously induct Lou Saban and Cookie Gilchrist onto the Bills Wall of Fame. The exclusion of these two now deceased gentlemen is a travesty to the organization and its fans. It makes a mockery of the Wall. The family and survivors of these two men should be brought in and honored in a way befitting their immense contributions to the Buffalo Bills.

Damn. That is some good stuff right there.

The Flutie rant is so right on. :thumbsup:

Bring back Rusty Jones - whatever it takes. And let his wife sing the national anthem again.

Do more for your long-term fans than a laser printed "certificate", whether they have club seats or not. 25 years is worth more than that.

I didn't even think of all that with the pom poms. I was just so pissed that I couldn't see the plays because people in front of me were waving the pom poms as high as they could.

Do something better with the half time show. The TV style half time show on the jumbo tron is weak.

I understand that NFL teams are worried about attendance since watching it on TV is so good. However, making it more like watching the game on TV is not the way to go IMHO. Instead, give the people that go to the game something you can't get at home. Maybe real bands people want to see at half time. Or have a decent band playing outside the stadium before the game. Maybe free face painting. Use your imagination. Make going to the game better than watching it on TV.

Giving people more stats and scores is not the answer since most people can get that on their smart phone already.

Always dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

Edited by reddogblitz

right on the damn money.

-Sniper

fire brandon and littman

4) If you are gonna honor a player, honor Doug Flutie. In 1998 he inherited a 0-3 team and led them to a 10-3 record down the stretch.

Not true. Flutie inherited a 1-3 team:

Rob Johnson had a relatively decent outing in week #5, beating the San Francisco '49ers by a score of 26-21. RJ's stat line for the game was 19-27-254-1-0

He got injured right at the start of the week 6 game vs. Indy. Flutie took over (&won) and the rest is (becoming depressingly ancient) history.

But your larger point about botching the QB situation in '99 still stands.

Not true. Flutie inherited a 1-3 team:

Rob Johnson had a relatively decent outing in week #5, beating the San Francisco '49ers by a score of 26-21. RJ's stat line for the game was 19-27-254-1-0

He got injured right at the start of the week 6 game vs. Indy. Flutie took over (&won) and the rest is (becoming depressingly ancient) history.

But your larger point about botching the QB situation in '99 still stands.

Wasn't that Week 4? I thought we were 0-3 when we beat the Niners?

fire brandon and littman

Why would I fire, or want to fire, someone who gave me a chance like this to work for a NFL team.

Also remember, I will have to be, and will always be super positive about the team. I will not be a Chris Brown clone though, and will give you whatever "public" information I can.

Great suggestions, I will come in awfully prepared on January 2nd.

Edited by Sniper

NO!!!! HELL NO. This guy alienated our Super Bowl/Hall of Fame veterans, never won a playoff game in his entire career, and played worse than Rob Johnson when he did play in the playoffs. If there is a symbol for losing we don't need at RWS, it's him... he never won ANYTHING.

Hmmmmm. There are some pretty good points there

How about not making season ticket holders pay full price for the "kids game" Always pisses me off that I pay $80 to take a 7 year old to this game and the guy next to me paid $10.

This year was my 10th year as a season ticket holder and I got a certificate in the mail. How about a hat, keychain, or gift card to the Bills store. Do you realize how much money I have wasted on this team in the past decade and I get a certificate?

Get rid of the Toronto game, but work with Toronto travel agencies for more group outings. Continue to work with Toronto area businesses. We are NOT a small market when you include all of the population with in a 75 mile radius of Buffalo.

Instead of crying poor all the time, raise ticket prices to the league average and go out and get some top free agents and some real depth. Ralph claims we are a poor region. Toronto is not poor, and unemployment in the Buffalo area is well below the national average. Fans will pay higher prices for a winner, but Ralph has never invested in winning. INVEST IN WINNING.

Sign a new lease with Erie County without any escape clauses and expand the councources, consessions and bathrooms. The inner bowl is nice, but the Ralph is one of the most disgusting crowded stadiums in America.

Sell the name rights to the stadium.

Think about adding retail and restaurants to the complex with a Hall of Fame.

TV's in the bathrooms with cup shelves (Thank you Terry Pegula)

In response to another post: Pom Poms are made of plastic, not paper.

Encourage Ralph C. Wilson Jr. and the power that be to SELL THE DAMN TEAM!

I am sure I will have more ideas to come.

And again.....good points

An idea that has always seemed obvious to me but gain no real support.......Bridges over Abbott rd for foot traffic. Would speed up entry and exit from the stadium. Probably be safer too. Can't be all that expensive.

Or have a decent band playing outside the stadium before the game. Maybe free face painting.

They already do both of those things at their pre-game parking lot tailgate and in the field house.

An idea that has always seemed obvious to me but gain no real support.......Bridges over Abbott rd for foot traffic. Would speed up entry and exit from the stadium. Probably be safer too. Can't be all that expensive.

Thats why Abbott Rd is now shut down in front of the stadium, so people can get across quicker.

Do something better with the half time show. The TV style half time show on the jumbo tron is weak.

I understand that NFL teams are worried about attendance since watching it on TV is so good. However, making it more like watching the game on TV is not the way to go IMHO. Instead, give the people that go to the game something you can't get at home. Maybe real bands people want to see at half time. Or have a decent band playing outside the stadium before the game. Maybe free face painting. Use your imagination. Make going to the game better than watching it on TV.

Giving people more stats and scores is not the answer since most people can get that on their smart phone already.

Always dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

To add to that: That Utica band must go....what the heck is that all about?