Next Up For An NY Revival

H2o

It's too bad this kid never worked out. Could have had a pretty good career IMO. He had all the tools to be a solid TE but the health issues became a problem. Honestly I didn't know if he was even on the team anymore or not. I wouldn't be suprised to see Rex pick him up and attempt to get some info out of him. Unfortunately for Rex, just like Maybin, Nelson never played enough to get any information. Rex is using Maybin in some pretty situational circumstances and I think it's 90% fluke considering he just kinda got thrown onto the QB from the Oline on 1 of his sacks, and rhe other was a RB that fell down in the play. Sorry tobjack the thread and turn it into an anit-Maybin thread. Just dont see Nelson doing anything, he's too injury prone.

I'm still annoyed at Nelson for his inability to protect the ball against the Ravens last year. I think he has Leodis disease… that he's a bit short on football IQ.

I didn't like the Nelson pick. At the time he was drafted, I was hoping the Bills would take Richmond's Lawrence Sidbury.

Not sure what's going on with Sidbury… he's only played in 3 games this year for Atlanta but he has two sacks.

I blame the refs. How do you not blow the whistle? He was stood up for 5 seconds.

Yes the whistle should have blown.

But if you look at the replays, it appears that Nelson takes his one hand off the ball and is waving it in protest as if he thinks the play should be blown dead or a flag thrown or something. It's one thing to have your hand ripped off the ball and quite another for it to be above your shoulder when the ball is near your waist.

IMO, he should have (like Leodis' ill-fated kick return against the Patsies*) devoted every fibre of his being to protecting the ball… and I don't believe that Nelson did this.

Yes the whistle should have blown.

But if you look at the replays, it appears that Nelson takes his one hand off the ball and is waving it in protest as if he thinks the play should be blown dead or a flag thrown or something. It's one thing to have your hand ripped off the ball and quite another for it to be above your shoulder when the ball is near your waist.

IMO, he should have (like Leodis' ill-fated kick return against the Patsies*) devoted every fibre of his being to protecting the ball… and I don't believe that Nelson did this.

If you're describing it accurately (no reason to doubt you; I just don't remember), then I agree that he screwed up. Just go down, for crying out loud.

If you're describing it accurately (no reason to doubt you; I just don't remember), then I agree that he screwed up. Just go down, for crying out loud.

I'll try to find the video.

It's the second slo-mo camera angle…at around 3:00.

Look at Nelson's right hand… what the hell was he doing?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102402/2010/REG7/bills@ravens#menu=highlights&tab=recap

From Twitter...

Former Buffalo Bills TE Shawn Nelson tried out with the New York Jets yesterday. Former OT Langston Walker tried out with Dallas

Maybe they figure they are getting production out of Maybin and get something out of Nelson now too...lol

I blame the refs. How do you not blow the whistle? He was stood up for 5 seconds.

I was just thinking the same thing. Seemed like the officials, with his forward progress long stopped, let the Ravens attack him with a swarm until desired result had been fulfilled.

From Twitter...

Former Buffalo Bills TE Shawn Nelson tried out with the New York Jets yesterday. Former OT Langston Walker tried out with Dallas

Hilarious. I'm vividly remembering all the posters who wanted the Bills to sign Dallas castoff Marco Colombo when the Cowboys released him. Now they might replace him with Langston Walker?

While on the subject, how did Redskins tackle Jammal Brown (another player coveted by many here) look against the Bills? I didn't notice his play but they did give up 9 sacks.

I was just thinking the same thing. Seemed like the officials, with his forward progress long stopped, let the Ravens attack him with a swarm until desired result had been fulfilled.

And what was Nelson doing flailing his right hand in the air just before the fumble?