Colemans' back!!

What'd they resign him to?

The active roster to take Merriman's spot. Coleman had been on the Giants' practice squad, so we couldn't sign him unless we added him to the active roster...

There are a number of players that get hidden on practice squads who can come in and contribute......

The Giants are notorius for stocking up on their DE's, LB's, pass rushers

Plus the guy has some playing time under his belt. Hopefully he can contribute right away..

IMO he never should have left… but they really liked Eddins.

Big A. Coleman fan and this makes me happy.

What happened to Eddins? I thought he was on the practice squad, but he's not listed on bb.com

What happened to Eddins? I thought he was on the practice squad, but he's not listed on bb.com

He was IR'd, reached an injury settlement, and then was released.

This allows him to come back and play this season but I think only for another team.

I don't recall what the injury was.

He looked pretty good in preseason but I was still surprised they chose him over Coleman.

He was IR'd, reached an injury settlement, and then was released.

This allows him to come back and play this season but I think only for another team.

I don't recall what the injury was.

He looked pretty good in preseason but I was still surprised they chose him over Coleman.

That's right, thanks.

Does anyone still doubt the need for the Bills to draft an OLB first round in 2012?

No. We still need to draft an OLB in the 1st round, unless Coleman goes out of his mind and gets 10 sacks. Then we need to draft a DL. Either way, one player is not going to fix the mess that is currently the Bills D. But he is a much better option than the always injured/ineffective Merriman.

I don't understand how this guy was cut and then only signed to a practice squad. Come to think of it, I don't understand why he was undrafted. He led the SEC in sacks his senior year, he is the third all time leader in sacks in Auburn history (that's an amazing pedigree), he's not undersized...looked awesome in camp and preseason, too. What gives?

Edited by BringBackFlutie