Raiders' Tommy Kelly Talks Smack

Astrobot

The problem is that the Raiders D-line played very aggrressive. I know that the Oline is supposed to be a bunch of mean boys, but they are going to have to fight hard to maintain control of LOS.

That being said, they have no true speed rusher, just a lot of bull rush type defenders. I like the odds of that in favor of the Bills.

Im hoping for a tough hard game. As long as the Bills dont get dragged into any foolish penalties, it should be a victory.

Kamerion Wimbley is a very underrated pass rusher… he had fewer sacks than Hali last year but I think he's pretty much just as good.

Also he's pretty effective rushing from either side so Pears had better make sure he's ready cause they will come after him.

It's gonna be a great battle watching the Bills O-line try to build on last week's performance against a talented Raiders front.

"Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on."

Sorry, done for my own benefit. LOL

I just have one last question for you. If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?! TELL ME, PLEASE!

THAT'S A FARGIN TRICK QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkydlkgzlo&feature=related

^^^^ What the Bills need to do on Sunday to the Raiders. ^^^^

Edited by BmoreBills

Kamerion Wimbley is a very underrated pass rusher… he had fewer sacks than Hali last year but I think he's pretty much just as good.

Also he's pretty effective rushing from either side so Pears had better make sure he's ready cause they will come after him.

It's gonna be a great battle watching the Bills O-line try to build on last week's performance against a talented Raiders front.

Agreed, I think the key is how the Bills perform along the OL. And on the other side of the token how the Raiders DL performs.

The key to victory is who controls the LOS. If the Raiders can get to Fitz with the front 4 I like their chances of the game falling in their favor.

If they don't show up to play it's going to be a long day for them.

In the Raiders losses last year, they went up against teams that went punch for punch with that DL. The Steelers game comes to mind (regretfully). They abused us. Umm, the Titans opener... The OL stoned our DL.

This is not smack talk. Not even close.

This is right from the quote:

"Any time you can go on the road and have a victory like that, that's going to open up a lot of people's eyes" Kelly said about the Bills this week. He added that is was "a nice impressive victory".

Still want to kill the Raiders, but this is nothing.

Not smack.

The only thing of importance is they're a Conference opponent and we need a 'W' for tie breaker/playoff hopes.The Bills have a decent history of beating NFC foes (though this year is very tough) but -except for total wins, they're the first 'toss out' in determinng who plays in mid January.

Gotta beat AFC teams!

I guess i dont consider Wimbley a speed rusher. He's a finesse guy for sure, but i dont put him in the same category as Hali or Matthews. He's a threat, but i dont think he has the ability to overpower either of the tackles.

That would be a big mistake on your part. More reciever sets you go to more Wimbley going to play DE.( Coming off the corner against Pears) The only reason wimbley who had nine sacks last year dosen't have as many sacks as hali is because he playing SSLB majority time. He only plkays De(rush the QB) on obvious passing downs.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...stions-week-1/

Quote:

1. What was the most impressive individual performance you spotted this week?

Neil: Of the games I did it would be Rex Grossman. He was very good and only threw one bad pass all day. The fumble wasnt very good either but generally he looked composed and in command.

Khaled: You did watch Tom Brady dissect the Miami defense right? That was one of the most impressive performances Ive ever watched. The scary thing about the Patriots is that last year was the trial run. More experienced than ever they may have ironed out all kinks, and Brady knows how to use all of his weapons.

Sam: Im going for a single play Fred Jackson juking a defender in the backfield and then carrying another on his back for a first down on 3rd and 1.

Nathan: While a number of quarterbacks impressed, Ill go with Kamerion Wimbley of the Raiders. The Broncos spent most of the day throwing the ball, which left Wimbley rushing Orton and consistently bringing pressure. The rare times the Broncos ran, Wimbley had two huge stops. Last year he showed he can be a star, but never like this.

Ben: Tom Bradys performance on Monday night was special but the consistency and dominance of Chris Myers against the Colts was a real treat to see. Myers really stepped up his game in 2010 and this week 1 display shows that hes ready to raise himself to the highest level this season. Potential All-Pro?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...roncos-week-1/

Quote:

Worth the money?

Three tackles. On the surface, thats not that many for a hard days work, especially when you spend 33 snaps rushing the passer. But if one was to go beyond those numbers, they would see a player that Kamerion Wimbley (+8.3) absolutely terrorized Orlando Franklin, Denvers rookie right tackle. The former Cleveland Brown was so quick off the snap; the he consistently forced Franklin to over commit to the outside rush, which allowed Wimbley to consistently beat him with a wicked spin move. It wasnt just his pass rushing that impressed, but his work in run defense. Watch him with 12:35 left in the first quarter, as he beats both Julius Thomas and Ryan Clady to make a tackle for a substantial loss, and it would be hard to argue that Wimbley wasnt one of the best defensive players on the field.

Edited by Raiderjoe

"Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on."

Sorry, done for my own benefit. LOL

Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight...pass it on....

(couldn't let it go...)

Edited by johnnychemo

"Any time you can go on the road and have a victory like that, that's going to open up a lot of people's eyes,” Kelly said about the Bills this week. "But the thing about the NFL is that happened last week. You've got to do the same thing this week. So whatever they did is a nice impressive victory, but they've got to come and deal with us now. And we ain't the Chiefs."

I don't think I would even qualify this as 'smack'. IMO, it is actually a thoughtful, respectful, quite civilized statemet about the opposition. He believes they are a better team than the Chiefs, and he thinks the Raiders will beat the Bills. Good for him. I like his demeaner from what I read. This is the sort of comment I would expect to hear from a Buffalo Bill.

Even so, TOMMY KELLY MUST PAY!!! KILL THOSE DIRTY ROTTEN RAIDERS!!! HARPOON THAR QUARERBACK. SWAB THE DECK WITH THAR JERSEES, ARGH!!!

GO BILLS!!!

"Any time you can go on the road and have a victory like that, that's going to open up a lot of people's eyes,” Kelly said about the Bills this week. "But the thing about the NFL is that happened last week. You've got to do the same thing this week. So whatever they did is a nice impressive victory, but they've got to come and deal with us now. And we ain't the Chiefs."

I don't think I would even qualify this as 'smack'. IMO, it is actually a thoughtful, respectful, quite civilized statemet about the opposition. He believes they are a better team than the Chiefs, and he thinks the Raiders will beat the Bills. Good for him. I like his demeaner from what I read. This is the sort of comment I would expect to hear from a Buffalo Bill.

Even so, TOMMY KELLY MUST PAY!!! KILL THOSE DIRTY ROTTEN RAIDERS!!! HARPOON THAR QUARERBACK. SWAB THE DECK WITH THAR JERSEES, ARGH!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Don't get tommy Kelly mad. The guy had seven sacks last year playing DT. You can only double team one Seymour or Tom Kelly. Pick your poison.