Cowherd AFCE prognostication from today's show

Beerball

pats* 13-3

jests 11-5

mijimmi 8-8

Bills 6-10

I think he's close on the Bills, a game either way, but 8-8 for the fins? Whatcha think?

He's probably right about the Fins, assuming they get a little bit better QB play.

Looking at our schedule, I can't see us going anything less than 10-6, frankly. :bag:

pats* 13-3

jests 11-5

mijimmi 8-8

Bills 6-10

I think he's close on the Bills, a game either way, but 8-8 for the fins? Whatcha think?

YE OLE is hoping for something more along the lines of 10-6, but YE definitely wouldn't be surprised to see another clunker, given our body of work this last decade. On paper it seems we could see a much improved defense with Dareus in the mix, feeding off of Kyle Williams. They both should help each other and some solid play from Edwards benefiting from playing next to both of those guys could mean we will now have a D-line to be reckoned with. If that's the case, and the offense continues to be solid with the occassional spectacular game we saw last season with Fitz at the helm, and I could see us having a winning season on our hands.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

I think both us & Miami look high in the early going. As unimpressive as the Bills' post-lockout offseason has been, I'd say Miami's has significantly worse. And the gap between the two teams wasn't very far to begin with. I'd say something like 11 wins combined, provided there's no more major roster acquisitions or losses.

cowturd is the biggest douche on the radio....constantly mocking small market....says Bills and Bengals cannot and will never win a super bowl or compete for that matter.

Does Cowturd realize that 13% of all SBs have had either the Bungles or the Bills in it? That's the same number that the Jets, Giants, Eagles, and Chargers combined have been in.

Did he say why? Ownership?

Wasn't he very fond of the Gailey hiring?

I heard him, in his nausiating way, "pity" teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati (he is very hight on Detroit and Cleveland however!) saying that "as much as the NFL does to create parity in their legue, teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati will never be able compete"...it is all economcs, it seems, to him. They will never be able to attract the caliber of FA's that the big market teams attract, and will, basically, have to overpay almost anybody to play for them, because, presumably, Buffalo and Cincinnati, on top of having dubious owenership, are not attractive destinations for young athletes.

My own take, economics are huge, and there is some merit to what he says, but you can get some luck along the way...otherwise Detroit and Cleveland wouldn't stand a chance either. He has been blowing both of those teams any time he has a chance to. ...Cowherd is the worst!:thumbdown:

Edited by Buftex

Im not even talking about what he said today...its what he says nearly every day when talking NFL....He will always use Buffalo when mentioning teams that will never compete...He has no idea...He is Mr.Flashy....Mr.Vegas and cannot comprehend small town America.

Sorry, I don't see the Dolphins getting to 6 wins let alone 8. They look terrible. We will sweep them.

I also think NE is on the decline and that they don't win the division.

Edited by Rockinon

Sept. 11 @ Kansas City W

Sept. 18 Oakland W

Sept. 25 New England L

Oct. 2 @ Cincinnati W

Oct. 9 Philadelphia L

Oct. 16 @ NY Giants L

Oct. 23 Bye

Oct. 30 Washington* W

Nov. 6 NY Jets L

Nov. 13 @ Dallas W

Nov. 20 @ Miami W

Nov. 27 @ NY Jets L

Dec. 4 Tennessee W

Dec. 11 @ San Diego L

Dec. 18 Miami L

Dec. 24 Denver W

Jan. 1 @ New England W

9-7

We are EASILY a better team than we were last year.

Sept. 11 @ Kansas City W

Sept. 18 Oakland W

Sept. 25 New England L

Oct. 2 @ Cincinnati W

Oct. 9 Philadelphia L

Oct. 16 @ NY Giants L

Oct. 23 Bye

Oct. 30 Washington* W

Nov. 6 NY Jets L

Nov. 13 @ Dallas W

Nov. 20 @ Miami W

Nov. 27 @ NY Jets L

Dec. 4 Tennessee W

Dec. 11 @ San Diego L

Dec. 18 Miami L

Dec. 24 Denver W

Jan. 1 @ New England W

9-7

We are EASILY a better team than we were last year.

I think if we can get be 3-3 heading into the bye, we'll be in great shape for a strong finish. That said, you really think we'll beat the Pats* in new England on Jan 1st?? :unsure:

I think if we can get be 3-3 heading into the bye, we'll be in great shape for a strong finish. That said, you really think we'll beat the Pats* in new England on Jan 1st?? :unsure:

They'll be playing all their bench players...

But I don't think we'll be 8-7 going into the game. ;)

law of averages man, we are due. i think we are more likely to beat them on the road late, as they rest for the playoffs, then we are early at home. who knows though?

cowturd is the biggest douche on the radio....constantly mocking small market....says Bills and Bengals cannot and will never win a super bowl or compete for that matter.

That's not true. He acknowledges both GB & Pitt are small market. He thinks the Bills & Bengals will not be Superbowl contenders until there are ownership changes.

Colin Cowherd is the Glenn Beck of sports talk radio. All the guy does is say moronic **** in order to draw a reaction. He keeps harping on topics like players who are good leaders are because they have fathers, and players without fathers are bad leaders. According to him Roger Goodell acts as a father figure to all the players without fathers.

The guys also knows nothing about sports I tried listening to him 5+ years ago and found him to be a moron. And the only reason I know all the stupid **** he says is because Deadspin keeps reporting it. Don't put much stock into what this clown says.

It will be Henne. Reportedly Tebow isn't looking great and is taking 2nd team reps in Denver.

Thanks for the update.

Poor Orton. Not a bad QB. Liked by his teammates. Never loved by his coaches, though. Must be tough to go thru life as the fall-back prom date.

I expect between 2 and 6 wins. 6 if EVERYTHING goes right for us.

I will take the over on that bet. But I am an eternal optimist and focus on the positive things:

1) Year 2 of a defensive system that we sucked at last year, adding the #2 pick beast, a pro bowl OLB when healthy and some other talent while losing not much and not having any older players on the downside of the career. And adding a very talented defensive coach to the mix.

2) Year 2 of an offensive scheme and the first training camp as starter for Fitz, without having two starting linemen limping off major injuries. Again almost all players on the upswing of their career, and very likely we get more out of Spiller than we did last year.

3) A team that finished 4-4 after starting 0-8. The second half record is used a LOT as a predictor of future success, so I don't see why it doesn't apply to us.

How many wins those improvements translate to is hard to tell, but there is more upside than the common feeling here. Nothing guaranteed, but if the ball bounces our way I can see this team being the best we have had in a while.

Some recent results of teams coming off 4 win seasons, 10 out of 18 got to 8 wins the following year:

2010 Chiefs 10-6

2009 Bengals 10-6

2008 Falcons 11-5

2008 Jets 9-7

2007 Browns 10-6

2007 Bucs 9-7

2006 Packers 8-8

2006 Jets 10-6

2006 Titans 8-8

2005 Dolphins 9-7

The 8 teams that did not make it to .500 following a 4 win season (with previous year second half in parentheses):

2010 Raiders 6-10 (3-5)

2009 Browns 5-11 (1-7)

2009 Seahawks 5-11 (2-6)

2008 Chiefs 2-14 (0-8)

2008 Raiders 5-11 (2-6)

2006 Raiders 2-14 (1-7)

2006 49ers 7-9 (2-6)

2005 Browns 6-10 (1-7)

So it is more common than not for a 4-12 team to rebound to a .500 or better season AND only once did a 4-12 team have a "strong finish" and fail to do so (2010 Raiders). Probably an inaccurate small sample size, but just an example that aside from our team getting stronger, etc., it is normal for 4 win teams to rebound, and the ones who don't usually didn't finish strong the year before.

Edited by Koufax

I heard him, in his nausiating way, "pity" teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati (he is very hight on Detroit and Cleveland however!) saying that "as much as the NFL does to create parity in their legue, teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati will never be able compete"...it is all economcs, it seems, to him. They will never be able to attract the caliber of FA's that the big market teams attract, and will, basically, have to overpay almost anybody to play for them, because, presumably, Buffalo and Cincinnati, on top of having dubious owenership, are not attractive destinations for young athletes.

My own take, economics are huge, and there is some merit to what he says, but you can get some luck along the way...otherwise Detroit and Cleveland wouldn't stand a chance either. He has been blowing both of those teams any time he has a chance to. ...Cowherd is the worst!:thumbdown:

He is a whiny little doosh. He is like the pencil necked geek who worshipped athletes in school but could never make a team.

Hey CowTurd...Didnt Green Bay just win the SuperBowl last year? They are such a huge market...

Cleveland is a horrible team...Who even plays on that team....Miami? Horrible patchwork of has beens and never will be's.

Cinci is going to blow, so will Washington, Denver and Carolina

There are some really bad team out there...The Bils have elevated themselves to somehwere in the middle, not good, but not in with the really bad either....8-8 with a couple of encouraging wins.

I haven't entered the pick'em contest yet, but I've got the Bills at 9-6 heading into the season finale at NE* -- no idea if that will be playoff position, but even a 9-7 finish would be encouraging.

Lots of improvement on defense -- at least 4 new starters, Wanny, and added depth -- and continuity on offense for the first time in a long time. No reason to believe they won't at least equal the 4-4 2nd half of 2010, and I think they'll do a little bit better.

Colin Cowherd is the Glenn Beck of sports talk radio. All the guy does is say moronic **** in order to draw a reaction. He keeps harping on topics like players who are good leaders are because they have fathers, and players without fathers are bad leaders. According to him Roger Goodell acts as a father figure to all the players without fathers.

The guys also knows nothing about sports I tried listening to him 5+ years ago and found him to be a moron. And the only reason I know all the stupid **** he says is because Deadspin keeps reporting it. Don't put much stock into what this clown says.

So, what do you think that the fins record will be?

So, what do you think that the fins record will be?

6-10 the Fins have a headache at QB and their offense will struggle because of it. Their D is above average but not elite and can't carry them. Their coaching situation is also up in the air. The 49ers got the coach the Fins wanted and the players know it. Its going to be an ugly season for the Fins

Pats*- 11-5

Jets- 9-7

Bills- 7-9

Fins- 6-10

That's my take.

I think we'll suprise a few & get back to 4 wins.

Sounds about right.

I haven't entered the pick'em contest yet, but I've got the Bills at 9-6 heading into the season finale at NE* -- no idea if that will be playoff position, but even a 9-7 finish would be encouraging.

Lots of improvement on defense -- at least 4 new starters, Wanny, and added depth -- and continuity on offense for the first time in a long time. No reason to believe they won't at least equal the 4-4 2nd half of 2010, and I think they'll do a little bit better.

:blink: