MODRAK FIRED!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read it on the Buffalo Bills website. I wonder why after the draft?

I assume so they can start fresh for next year and because it wouldn't make much sense to fire him before the draft after all the work that was put in towards it.

FINALLY!!!!

This dude has blown chunks for years and its great to have him outta here. He was prob clamoring for terrible prospects all draft weekend and Buddy was tired of his crappy evaluating “skill”. Whitner/McCargo/Maybin/etal... thanks for nothing Modrak - I hope the door hits you on your way out!!!!

I would love to hear from all the Modrak sympathizers about how he never had final say and blah blah blah.

Modrak had been with the club since June of 2001 when he was named Director of Football Operations

And we have sucked ever since. Good riddance. And :censored: for Mike Williams, Maybin, Whitner, etc

I'm confused, if they were unhappy with him, then why go through the draft and dump him afterwards.

Because they couldn't fire the guy that had a majority of the info on what direction they wanted to go in the draft. The new season for those guys started Monday so that is why he is gone at this point.

Just read it on the Buffalo Bills website. I wonder why after the draft?

Methinks Nix and Whaley did the draft without his input to see how it turns out. Well, we did very well so TM was rendered useless. But, ofcourse this is pure speculation based on the timing. Just a point of reference - did you notice how the three picks we made from Gailey's senior bowl team did not mention Modrak having spoken to these prospects ? I just read about Nix and Gailey talking to them and scoping them out.

Because they couldn't fire the guy that had a majority of the info on what direction they wanted to go in the draft. The new season for those guys started Monday so that is why he is gone at this point.

Yep, the scouts' work year starts and ends with the Draft.

Later Tom.

precisely. The timing is perfect now.

Ahh that does make sense.

I assume so they can start fresh for next year and because it wouldn't make much sense to fire him before the draft after all the work that was put in towards it.

I have no doubt that you are correct. It only makes sense to wait until after the draft to make the move. In fact, I thought this move would be coming after last year's draft, but apparently the team wanted to give Buddy and Co. a full year to get their feet wet, so to speak.

I have no doubt that you are correct. It only makes sense to wait until after the draft to make the move. In fact, I thought this move would be coming after last year's draft, but apparently the team wanted to give Buddy and Co. a full year to get their feet wet, so to speak.

They were probably phasing him out slowly, because they do scout at least 2 years in advance.

i hope the war room was like a timeout for modrak. like every time the bills were too pick he was saying lets get this guy! and buddy gave him a look and said back to the corner tommy. you keep your mouth shut.

FINALLY!!!!

This dude has blown chunks for years and its great to have him outta here. He was prob clamoring for terrible prospects all draft weekend and Buddy was tired of his crappy evaluating “skill”. Whitner/McCargo/Maybin/etal... thanks for nothing Modrak - I hope the door hits you on your way out!!!!

I would love to hear from all the Modrak sympathizers about how he never had final say and blah blah blah.

Hooray!!! I remember talking to you about this a long time ago, cheers! I think the scouts he hired should be re-evaluated too.

Another reason why we can be so thankful the Bills were able to coach in the Senior Bowl. Look at how many of their draft picks Gailey, Nix, et al got their hands on, and obviously that also helped them eliminate kids from consideration. And the Jasper kid was a find by another scout.

While I don't disagree that Nix may have had a hand in this, the move definitely has the marks of Ralph. He's had a bug up his a$$ all offseason about the last decade of drafting blunders - and rightly so. I'm sure he's been asking Nix why he's paying Modrak to screw drafts up.

This pitstop in Buffalo definitely wasn't a good addition to Modrak's resume. In fact, I'd be surprised if he gets re-hired. Probably the end of the road.

Methinks Nix and Whaley did the draft without his input to see how it turns out. Well, we did very well so TM was rendered useless. But, ofcourse this is pure speculation based on the timing. Just a point of reference - did you notice how the three picks we made from Gailey's senior bowl team did not mention Modrak having spoken to these prospects ? I just read about Nix and Gailey talking to them and scoping them out.

this would have to be the case you would think. maybe they finally realized going into the draft the ineptitude they were dealing with, but they didnt want to make waves at a critical time. either way, glad hes gone.