Adam Schefter: Denver is taking Miller at 2

Schefer was on Mike and Mike and said Carolina wants to take Newton, but they're still trying to convince themselves he's the right pick. Said they're leaning to him, but still haven't sold themselves on him.

Said he thinks Denver would take Von Miller

Then Buffalo would take Dareus.

He said Newton, Miller and Dareus will be the top 3, and Buffalo will just take whoever is left...basically.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

Scroll down and click on his interview

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh please let this happen.

For what it's worth, Schefter spent years in Denver covering the broncos prior to starting with the NFL Network, so if he says they're taking Miller, I think it's pretty much a lock.

I would be a little disappointed. I wanted Miller in our LB core

Awesome! Miller going at 2 and newton at 1 is a dream scenario as almost everyone on this board would be appeased. Miller and newton fans couldn't be upset, those that want run d help would be happy, those that want size (quinn over miller crowd) would be happy, those that want multiple years of production (mvp national champ game)... could not think how anyone could be upset (except for the op of the fairley thread... sorry). Can I dust of get er done for this?

Schefer was on Mike and Mike and said Carolina wants to take Newton, but they're still trying to convince themselves he's the right pick. Said they're leaning to him, but still haven't sold themselves on him.

Said he thinks Denver would take Von Miller

Then Buffalo would take Dareus.

He said Newton, Miller and Dareus will be the top 3, and Buffalo will just take whoever is left...basically.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

Scroll down and click on his interview

Wow! After thinking Miller was a lock at #3 for weeks now this is pretty interesting...I'd still try to Trade back, but I'm AOK with Dareus...Boy oh boy could The Bills do worse than that Kid... B-)

As I look at all the Bills needs--priority one is stopping the run. If the Bills can't do that--it opens up so much for the opposition. Play action is more effective, the pass rush is mitigated. A defense can do a lot more scheming and blitzing if the run D is consistent. Dareus is so disruptive. He excels at fighting through the double team. He has the burst to kick out to DE in passing situations and we will have the talent to rotate in waves of lineman with Dareus. Spence Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Carrington, Troup and our all pro Williams plus Dareus would give the Bills two waves with seemingly no drop off.

The Bills need help all over the front seven but adding two potential studs in the first two picks cures a lot of ills. Moats can't help but improve on the Outside and if you add a healthy Merriman we are okay for another year at OL. We need an inside backer to pair with Poz--I am hoping Akeem Ayers drops to us in the second round -- he has slow straight line speed but is a thumper against the run and always seems to be in the right place in coverage. Danny Batten is going to be a good one -- and can probably be effective inside or outside as a utility linebacker...Dareus and Ayers or Martez Wilson in the first two rounds would likely make us a formidable D for the next few years....

Edited by JoeF

that's all if newton goes 1

Eggsaktly. If Carolina can't convince themselves Newton is worth the gamble, they pick Dareus. Denver has a choice between Miller and Peterson (they pick Miller) and Buffalo settles for the consolation prize: A choice between Newton and Gabbert.

Fairley's stock is falling. Buffalo's not sold on Quinn. #3 is too high for Jordan. We don't really need Peterson. Bowers is a medical risk we can't afford. A quarterback pick 'em is our lot in this scenario. MAYBE that scenario attracts suitors for the trade-down, but who knows.

I am hoping Carolina is stupid enough to select Newton at 1

Like him or not, can we all at least agree that The Bills interest in Cam Newton goes WAY beyond what he can do at QB? When was the last time The Buffalo Bills Drafted a Player that will bring the type of attention/hype Newton will? They'll make him the face of the Franchise in a half-a-heartbeat...And they'll make a ton of cash off him while everyone is trying to figure out if he'll be any good over the next few years...That Kid is bigger than life right now...It's more than just football with him... B-)

Eggsaktly. If Carolina can't convince themselves Newton is worth the gamble, they pick Dareus. Denver has a choice between Miller and Peterson (they pick Miller) and Buffalo settles for the consolation prize: A choice between Newton and Gabbert.

Fairley's stock is falling. Buffalo's not sold on Quinn. #3 is too high for Jordan. We don't really need Peterson. Bowers is a medical risk we can't afford. A quarterback pick 'em is our lot in this scenario. MAYBE that scenario attracts suitors for the trade-down, but who knows.

THIS!

If that were to happen the Bills could be in a prime spot to trade out for a 2012 1st round pick! :) Because the Bengals would almost certainly take Cam Newton. If it were Washington that made this trade, the Bills would almost certainly be very close to have the #1 overall in 2012! Dareus and Miller going 1-2 could actually be the best thing to happen people. As long as there's a team who really wants Newton and is willing to give up next year's #1.

I think a couple weeks back someone had a “your dream two picks for the first two picks” thread. Mine were Netwon and Miller (im pretty sure, or maybe Peterson and Miller, but Im pretty sure it was Newton and Miller). I could not be happier if this happened. That would leave us with Dareus or Fairley, I have wanted one of those two for a long while.

If Carolina doesn't take Newton I'll be pissed.

I'm here in Charlotte and still all signs are pointing to Cam at #1 overall...I think The Panthers are holding out hope someone is going to swoop in at the last moment and make them some kind of ridiculous offer...But almost all you hear in this Market is it's Cam all the way... B-)

I am hoping Carolina is stupid enough to select Newton at 1

How does this turn into a bash Newton thread when it has nothing to do with him?

Anyway..

I'll be happy if this happend even tho I want Newton I can't ever be mad we got Darieus when I wanted him over Miller. But I just don't believe Carolina will take Newton for some reason. I just don't see it happening...

Is Dareus that good? I honestly don't know. Everything I've read suggests that he's about 70 percent of the player that Suh is (at best).

70% as good as Suh makes him an absolute stud lol. if you want to talk stats that equates to about 7 sacks and 2-3 more wins because of him alone next season haha

Edited by Thoner7

Those 3 are pretty much everyones consensus to go first.

With Buffalo picking whoever is left.

As long as Buddy doesn't pull another waterbug out of his ass this year and sticks to the predictions I will be satisfied.

Edited by CodeMonkey

As I look at all the Bills needs--priority one is stopping the run. If the Bills can't do that--it opens up so much for the opposition. Play action is more effective, the pass rush is mitigated. A defense can do a lot more scheming and blitzing if the run D is consistent. Dareus is so disruptive. He excels at fighting through the double team. He has the burst to kick out to DE in passing situations and we will have the talent to rotate in waves of lineman with Dareus. Spence Johnson, Dwan Edwards, Carrington, Troup and our all pro Williams plus Dareus would give the Bills two waves with seemingly no drop off.

The Bills need help all over the front seven but adding two potential studs in the first two picks cures a lot of ills. Moats can't help but improve on the Outside and if you add a healthy Merriman we are okay for another year at OL. We need an inside backer to pair with Poz--I am hoping Akeem Ayers drops to us in the second round -- he has slow straight line speed but is a thumper against the run and always seems to be in the right place in coverage. Danny Batten is going to be a good one -- and can probably be effective inside or outside as a utility linebacker...Dareus and Ayers or Martez Wilson in the first two rounds would likely make us a formidable D for the next few years....

Ayers isn't an ILB. And he shouldn't be put on the inside. Don't get caught up in "numbers." He can move well enough where he belongs. On the outside. He's not consistent though so beware.

This would be a dream come true.

That being said, you know the draft is now going to go 1. Dareus, 2. Fairley...

Leaving the Bills to choose between Peterson, Green, Miller, and Newton... :sick:

LOL... Thats a win-win for me cuz then we get Newton.. *shrugs*... As long as its not Gabbert with #3 im cool :sick: ... I think its gonna go 1. Dareus 2. Peterson 3. Newton...

Miller/Dareus, if the Bills get either, they will have done a good job. I know Bills fans love to hate on Miller for no reason, but he'd be a great addition.

That being said, if the Bills go Gabbert at 3 and pass on Miller/Dareus, the reaction on this board will be priceless. Like a pile of sadness in a failure bowl.