Lynch

fridge

As Mayock says, best run ever made in an NFL playoff game.

Most good athletes need a big stage.

Marshawn is the happiest player in the league right now.

That run instantly reminded me of the that movie "300"…that's how awesome that run was!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is for Billsphan on a previous topic(now locked) on Lynch: I usually just read and go on when I see a post that doesn't make sense like that one, but this one is too much: Lynch has one nice run and he makes Nix look like a bumbling old man on national tv? Come on!!! What if Lynch fumbles the ball and New Orleans recovers and runs it in for the winning touchdown, then Nix looks like a genius on National TV? If you only took the time to think for a minute and understand that Lynch was on the market from the start of preseason, when he didnt report early in camp it was obvious that he did not want to play in Buffalo, but no team wanted to take a chance on him early, than Nix had to wait for the season to start and wait for a team with injuries or bad running game(ex:Packers,Seahawks,Colts) to start making offers for Lynch, the best offer that came in was Seattle's and the trade was made, it's that simple. Now I agree that Nix still made some questionable moves since he's with the Bills, but trading Lynch certainly is not one of them.

I didn't watch the game or this run until just now on espn. What a bogus piece of cap everyone is making this run out to be. This is nothing short of what he has done when he was in Buffalo and it really wasn't that impressive. The Saints couldn't tackle for s$&t, and that stiff arm was weak!!! He didn't "throw" or "shove", or "push" Porter off of hi. Like many have said on this board. I was expecting to see an Earl Campbell type run with a sick stiff arm in it. He barely touched Porter and stopped while doing it at the same time that Porter was really just backpeddling. I remember watching Travis Henry stiff arm defenders into the concrete under the turf.

FYI with as average as I thught this run was, it's still the best run of his career and he will NEVER do anything like it again.

Fact is still that Lynch didn't do crap all year for the Hawks and had 1 good run during an important game and everyone blows a gasket. What a joke some people are in this board. He showed he didn't deserve to be here as Freddy was better (even though he was older) and we were able to get something for nothing. He is the reason why we suck. Because we pick sub par talent and hang on to them too long and expect them to be better than they really are, just like Poz, Whitner, Kelsey, Schobel, McGee (smart move to let Greer walk considering Terrance hasn't played in more than about 8 games a year since he left), Evans, Stroud, Mitchell, etc....... I could go at this all day with current and previous players that we (buffalo fans and FO) think are better than they really are. They finally got something for the pot smoking, gun toting, drunk driving, Canadian hitting, vehicle manslaughtering POS and I'm happy. He won't be finishing next season anyway. It's only a matter of time before he gets in trouble again. He's a dumb f$&k!!!!!! I can't believe many if you can't see this. Ugh!!!!!

I agree. Earl Campbell/Bo Jackson he's not (there are and will probably always be only one of each of those). It was a very good run and effort and I'm glad for him but I was amazed to see how pathetic NO's run defense/tackling was all day. Made a lousy OLine look great.

Lynch had a similar run (one) for us last year (maybe 40-45 yards for a TD, if memory serves)though I can't recall the opposition. He was in "feast mode" at the time and sort of fell over the goal line because he was totally gassed/out of shape. He's clearly in better shape now and if he keeps his nose clean he will be a serviceable back for the Hawks. The trade was a fair and reasonable on for both teams, all things considered.

He broke like 867 tackles on that run. When did he ever break one in Buffalo?

All the time. In fact one of the reasons people liked him was because he was difficult to bring down. It took groups of players to bring him

to the ground. One guy rarely tackled him.

yeah, this is ridiculous. The guy had a 2.2 ypc average going into this game. He is one screw up away from being suspended for the season. You take that run out of the game and he doesn't finish over 70 yards.

Sure, it was an amazing run. Pry the most amazing run i've ever seen. But that's one play. CJ Spiller made a ton of plays in the preseason, yet look at where he is overall. We saw Beastmode for 1 year and then glimpses. But it was declining over time. We made the right move.

This doesn't change anything

Take the 67 yard run out and his stats are 64 yards on 18 carries for 3.5 yard average. Exactly how the bum played here. He's a joke.

Seriously. People are such overreacting idiots. Let's just ignore these facts:

1) The Saints' defense played one of the most pathetic playoff games ever. It was disgraceful & heartless. Good bye head coaching job for Greggo.

2) Lynch average 3.5 ypc & had 3 lost fumbles on 165 carries. http://www.nfl.com/players/marshawnlynch/profile?id=LYN442976 He was outperformed by Fred Jackson.

3) He has 2 strikes.

But he had a good run so he's the best now & the Bills are the worst team ever. :thumbsup:

You forget though that he is one mistake away from a BIG suspension. :rolleyes:

Well what's done is done. Might as well have a laugh about it :)

So is Merriman, did that stop the clowns Nix and Gailey?

Win - win for both Lynch and the Bills. Great run by Lynch but then watching his sideline antics after (spiking the ball by their bench and acting like a kid playing Pop Warner Football who scored his first touchdown) and you realize that he is still an immature punk. I will take the 4th this year and 5th next year all day long!

How do you figure? The farther the Seahawks go in the draft, the lower their pick is?

So is Merriman, did that stop the clowns Nix and Gailey?

If you're honestly comparing Merriman's NFL career to Lynch's, you're even dumber than I thought. You can find rbs that average 3.5 ypc anywhere. I'd rather take a chance on the former best pass rusher in football.

Fortunately there are other traits' to being a running back than just a power runner, Jackson is a much better cut guy, receiver, picks up blitzes better and outperformed Marthug the last two years on the field. He is a dependable teammate for this bills' that no time soon will be suspended for four games also for being a jackass.

Not to dis Freddie, because I like him, but you obviously didn't watch the games if you say he is a good receiver? He dropped almost every pass that was thrown his way this year, even the little short swing passes.

I can't help wondering if Lynch didn't have all the character issues & the suspension, if he would still be a Bill? Which in turn makes me wonder if we would have drafted Spiller. I can't help thinking Nix is a no nonsense guy that believes in character players, & Lynch's days were numbered well before the draft. Let's just hope we get a real stud for that 4th round pick, & that Spiller shines next year. Maybe then we can watch the highlite of that spectacular run & enjoy it more.

BS it has been a horrible year for him--the Seahawks have one of the worst run blocking, and most unstable, offensive lines in the league. No back playing behind that line was successful.

Lynch is going to be a pro bowl caliber runner in this league for a loong time--the Bills' biggest mistake this decade, as HE is exactly what they now need!

I may agree with this one. I had to take a break from football and The Bills for a while. I couldn't beleive they traded this guy. I saw him last nite early in the game and said "Lynch"?? I thought he was a Bill??? Lmao. I just thought he was hurt and Freddie was filling in. I guess I can take a break again. Nothing changes in Buffalo!....???

Irregardless of the fact that Marshawn had some off-field issues, or that I was 100% against trading him, of that there is no such word as ' irregardless ' - Lynch is one helluva punishing back. Everyone is focusing on yesterday's 67-yd TD run - which was freakin' amazing - but I think this one more accurately typifies ' BEASTMODE ' ...

I wish ML (and JP) best of luck in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

Irregardless of the fact that Marshawn had some off-field issues, or that I was 100% against trading him, of that there is no such word as ' irregardless ' - Lynch is one helluva punishing back. Everyone is focusing on yesterday's 67-yd TD run - which was freakin' amazing - but I think this one more accurately typifies ' BEASTMODE ' ...

Look at the score too. Down by 21 points. Damn. I always liked ML build. He is like a battering ram.

Edited by Cadidliac

I may agree with this one. I had to take a break from football and The Bills for a while. I couldn't beleive they traded this guy. I saw him last nite early in the game and said "Lynch"?? I thought he was a Bill??? Lmao. I just thought he was hurt and Freddie was filling in. I guess I can take a break again. Nothing changes in Buffalo!....???

I've been trying to take a break from the Bills now for about...oh....maybe a decade! How the heck did you accomplish this? It's like some sort of sick addiction...kinda like rubbernecking at the scene of a car accident. I don't really wanna see the carnage...yet I can't stop watching! Can somebody please help me?

Take the 67 yard run out and his stats are 64 yards on 18 carries for 3.5 yard average. Exactly how the bum played here. He's a joke.

That would average a first down in 3 downs every time. Just a thought.

I've been trying to take a break from the Bills now for about...oh....maybe a decade! How the heck did you accomplish this? It's like some sort of sick addiction...kinda like rubbernecking at the scene of a car accident. I don't really wanna see the carnage...yet I can't stop watching! Can somebody please help me?

Ok. First....throw away the computer as I did for a year.lol.. That will help tremendously!! But....Just got one for Christmass. So, I guess I can blame the person who gave it to me for being back. Damn.

Edited by Cadidliac

I disagree. The Seahawks won their division fair and square and deserved a home playoff game. It's not he first time a team with a better wildcard record has had an away game. If the Seahawks were 11-5, would they 'deserve" a home game?

Division winners should always have one home game, no question about it. Doesn't matter what their record is, IMHO.

Totally disagree with you as does billsphan, seattle won the game yesterday but were a piss poor team all year that was so undeserving of the playoffs and especially a home game. They would have got smoked if it were in New Orleans and will get smoked next week likewise! This hardly ever happens probably never happened a team with a losing record making the playoffs that is, especially winning a division and as bad as the nfc west has been in the past somwhow it got way worse this season. The giants and tampa bay are sitting home today at 10-6 playing a much tougher schuedule than a lousy 7-9 team that won yesterday.

Not to dis Freddie, because I like him, but you obviously didn't watch the games if you say he is a good receiver? He dropped almost every pass that was thrown his way this year, even the little short swing passes.

I obviously didn't watch the games, i have had the nfl ticket since it came out and i missed one half of bills football this year while traveling for the holidays, Fred had 3-4 drops this year i will admit that but since he has been here he has been a hell of a receiving back, do you disagree with that? What gets me is that a fan that knows nothing about how hard i follow the bills' would question this, your right with one point he had more drops than i can remember this year, so you think ML is a better receiving back and has been when they were together with the bills, if your answer is yes then maybe you haven't watched enough bills football.

i hate knee jerk reactions to determine major rule changes. People want to react and change the rules b/c Seattle had a crummy regular season. If it happens in 5 of the next 6 years ok, lets consider something...but this is just one season. Big deal. New Eng missed the playoffs with 11 wins a few years ago. Strange stuff happens sometimes.

hey to defend my post further Fred Jackson had 31 receptions this year, so how many drops did he have i am guessing since he dropped almost every time they through to him he had like 50 right? Good lord you need to watch the games bro!

Let's keep this one run in perspection. It was a great run and an awesome effort but once the box was stacked and BeastMode broke thru it the results are not all that surprising, especially that the Saints' run defense is their Achilles' heel. I think what was really incredible in this game was the 'Hawks' defense, especially the way that they hanged in there after being in a early hole against one of the league's best QB.

One other thing, Lynch had to go. He had too many strikes against him and this fragile franchise could not afford to lose such a high draft pick to a lengthy suspension. It was best for us to get a decent compensation before we landed up with nothing. As far as Nix/Gailey goes and the Spiller pick, it was as equally important for them to establish their own thumbprint on the direction of this team that they inherited from the previous administration/coaching staff and Spiller was the best player available for us at our draft slot, regardless of our need. If I'm not mistaken, Nix was with the Chargers when they took LT, Sproles and Turner and I don't think that anyone would mind too much if we had any one of them 3 RBs on our team but I'm not able to validate that claim due to the fact that I'm posting this response from my IPhone.

Excellent post. My only wish is they would have drafted a different back. Spiller will never be the same type of back and looks like he couldn't break my tackle he goes down so easy on contact. However, Jackson is the real Lynch replacement and he is fine. No reason to hate on the Bills because he had a great run. Give Lynch credit, although I wish he wasn't a jerk so the Bills could have kept him. He was a head case and not a good example for young teammates like Shawn Nelson who seemed to hang with him. He's the type of player that will wear himself out everywhere in a couple years. The Seahawks are lucky they got one play at the right time out of him before he wears out his welcome there.

hey to defend my post further Fred Jackson had 31 receptions this year, so how many drops did he have i am guessing since he dropped almost every time they through to him he had like 50 right? Good lord you need to watch the games bro!

He had 8 dropped passes this year, and was tied for the team lead with Stevie Johnson. But Stevie Johnson had almost 3 times the receptions that Freddie had.

Consider this, with only having 31 receptions and 8 drops he dropped the ball about 25% of the time it was thrown to him.... not real good.

Also, there isn't another RB in the top 25 in the league in drops besides Freddie.

No need to rag on the guy for saying he thought Freddie dropped a lot of passes. I watched the games to and thought he dropped quite a few as well. The first throw of the season against the Dolphins, he dropped the pass.

Long run? One RB is 30 one is 24. I'm pretty sure Freddy has No Shot at winning anything in the longrun.

I'm also pretty sure that Seagull fans are laughing heartily at the Buffalo Bills. They'd trade a 4th round pick just for that 1 play.

FWIW... FJ will be 30 in Feb and ML will be 25 in Apr. Yeah 5 years age difference but really no difference in ball touches or game wear.

and FWIW... FJ has played in 56 games with 647 carries and 136 receptions and 69 kickoff/punt returns. He also had 157 carries, 27 receptions, and 17 kickoff/punt returns in NFL Europe. Don't know about FJ indoor league stats.

whereas ML has played in as of yesterday 58 games with 871 carries and 115 receptions.

I don't see a whole huge difference here other than FJ is older(and smarter I might add).

Lynch is a decent RB but not a great RB- with many Bills fans it's always the same either the guy is great or he sucks- I was amazed when someone said "when did this guy ever break a tackle for the Bills" it's like he never saw Lynch's first two seasons, I was surprised at him in the NFL vs college where I thought he was slipperier and a better receiver- I thought we were getting a bigger Thuman Thomas but it was more like a smaller Earl Campbell.

Lynch is a decent RB but not a great RB- with many Bills fans it's always the same either the guy is great or he sucks- I was amazed when someone said "when did this guy ever break a tackle for the Bills" it's like he never saw Lynch's first two seasons, I was surprised at him in the NFL vs college where I thought he was slipperier and a better receiver- I thought we were getting a bigger Thuman Thomas but it was more like a smaller Earl Campbell.

Lynch is a great RB. I don't know what games you've been watching, but if he was playing behind a better o-line, he'd be putting up top 10 numbers. The guys THAT talented.

I saw that effort....should of got more than a 4th rounder

Effort doesn't give you more than a 4th rounder. We only got a 4th rounder because Lynch has never averaged more than 4.1 a carry in a season. Oh, and since being traded he only averages 3.5 a carry, which is awful. He has been consistently below average, and if he were on the trade block today I don't know if anyone would even give up a 4th. It was one run, albeit absolutely amazing, but it doesn't change the fact that he's been a consistently below average running back every single year of his career, and the Bills made out on that trade.

Well, Willis McGahee just scored on a decent run. This begs the question:

Will Travis Henry break out of the penitentiary now?

I doubt it. I hear the penitentiary is sometimes soft against the pass but they are a brick wall against the run.

FWIW... FJ will be 30 in Feb and ML will be 25 in Apr. Yeah 5 years age difference but really no difference in ball touches or game wear.

and FWIW... FJ has played in 56 games with 647 carries and 136 receptions and 69 kickoff/punt returns. He also had 157 carries, 27 receptions, and 17 kickoff/punt returns in NFL Europe. Don't know about FJ indoor league stats.

whereas ML has played in as of yesterday 58 games with 871 carries and 115 receptions.

I don't see a whole huge difference here other than FJ is older(and smarter I might add).

So I guess FJ was just doing yoga after college until he became a Buffalo Bill.

You might want to look into those numbers a little more. . .

And if you think FJ has a change of being on the field in 2015 where Lynch most likely will you might want to quit the whippets, youngman.

Look at the score too. Down by 21 points. Damn. I always liked ML build. He is like a battering ram.

I love this line...

" President Obama called his right arm a weapon of mass destruction "...

(His left arm looked pretty dangerous too, on that 67-yd TD run! B-) )

Edited by The Senator

He had 8 dropped passes this year, and was tied for the team lead with Stevie Johnson. But Stevie Johnson had almost 3 times the receptions that Freddie had.

Consider this, with only having 31 receptions and 8 drops he dropped the ball about 25% of the time it was thrown to him.... not real good.

Also, there isn't another RB in the top 25 in the league in drops besides Freddie.

No need to rag on the guy for saying he thought Freddie dropped a lot of passes. I watched the games to and thought he dropped quite a few as well. The first throw of the season against the Dolphins, he dropped the pass.

Did you read the post i replied to? He questioned how much i watched the bills, thats' more or less 20 percent not 25 and the guy stated he dropped just about everything thrown to him. I admitted he didn't have a great year catching the ball but throughout his career he has been a very good receiving back as i posted and i consider him a better receiving back than Marthug that was the disagreement. He also had a cast his first attempt at a reception, people are entitled to there own opinions but ML has a big game and suddenly half the board says he's better than Jackson i disagree that's what the whole topic was about to begin with.

So I guess FJ was just doing yoga after college until he became a Buffalo Bill.

You might want to look into those numbers a little more. . .

And if you think FJ has a change of being on the field in 2015 where Lynch most likely will you might want to quit the whippets, youngman.

No need to look into the numbers a little more, as they are what they say they are.

No whippets here but you my friend may want to remember to take your meds on a daily basis, and yes I do think FJ and ML both have an excellent chance of being on the field in 2015. Time shall tell. I do know the percentages are kind of stacked against the dumb guy though. We'll see!

Edited by FreakPop