Lynch

fridge

He also had a 3 TD game and I think 87 yards IIRC. thats 3x the TDs Spiller ahd all year.

I never really got why people hated on Lynch. He always tried harder than anyone else on the field and got no help from the OL or QB.

He looks a bit slilmmer and quicker in Seattle, more like he was in college. Good for Lynch. Only the Bills could spend a top 10 pick on a position and turn it from a position of strength and make it worse :wallbash:

Harder than anyone else on the field he was an all effort runner but in my opinion so is Fred Jackson and much more productive when doing it!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, the guy makes one awesome play after a terrible season (and what was, until said run, a pretty mediocre game for him), and we're going to talk about what a bad trade it was. Gimme a break everyone, as much as I love a good Beast Mode highlight, I would take Freddy Jackson over Marshawn any day of the week.

Anyway, that was some Earl Campbell s--t, maybe the best run of the year in the NFL. He threw Tracy Porter like seven yards down the field! Made him look like a man named Tracy. Good for Marshawn, I hope the 'hawks go all the way.

Freddy Is not better than Lynch who has more career rushing TDs? Freddy gets garbage yards at the end of games when they don't count and never pounds it in the endzone like Lynch has and will continue to do. Remember Lynch's rookie year when we played the Phins? He carried like 6 defenders on his back and pounded it in the endzone amazingly! Not to mention a number of other times he made similar plays. Freddy is OK, but Lynch is is just a BEAST....

Fortunately there are other traits' to being a running back than just a power runner, Jackson is a much better cut guy, receiver, picks up blitzes better and outperformed Marthug the last two years on the field. He is a dependable teammate for this bills' that no time soon will be suspended for four games also for being a jackass.

Since we are apparently using this one play to analyze the Lynch trade, Why aren't you praising the front office for letting Jabari Greer go. I mean, he missed a tackle on this same play and therefore must be horrible.

I don't really care about the trade. What this shows is the reason why the Spiller pick was so terrible. Even if Spiller becomes good -- which I think he will -- Marshawn and Fred were already good enough for the Bills. There was no need to pick a RB. And there's NEVER a reason to pick a RB in the first round unless he's the one missing piece of your Super Bowl team.

It was a huge red flag that Buddy Nix doesn't know how to build a team. He's never done it before. He's 70 years old and thinks the modern game is the same as it was 10 years ago. It ain't. The decision to pick a RB at 9 showed how out of his depth he was, or worse, how much control Ralph still wields when it comes to the draft. Either way, it's not a good sign for things to come.

Rant/over.

Edited by tgreg99

Seriously, the guy makes one awesome play after a terrible season (and what was, until said run, a pretty mediocre game for him), and we're going to talk about what a bad trade it was. Gimme a break everyone, as much as I love a good Beast Mode highlight, I would take Freddy Jackson over Marshawn any day of the week.

Anyway, that was some Earl Campbell s--t, maybe the best run of the year in the NFL. He threw Tracy Porter like seven yards down the field! Made him look like a man named Tracy. Good for Marshawn, I hope the 'hawks go all the way.

What he said.

We still would have been better off with a combo of Freddie and Lynch, and used that first round pick on a QB, or a Tackle or stud defensive lineman. We are blessed with the worst owner, FO and maybe coaching staff in the league. But hey we get what a 4th round pick for him, which with Seattle making the playoffs might as well be a 5th round pick, who probably won't make anymore impact than the majority of this years draft class has.

Who? Here are 10 through 20 without DBs and RBs (let's not pretend we pick anybody at 9 who didn't go in the top 20):

10 Tyson Alualu DE

11 Anthony Davis OT

13 Brandon Graham DE

15 Jason Pierre-Paul DE

16 Derrick Morgan DE

17 Mike Iupati OG

18 Maurkice Pouncey C

19 Sean Weatherspoon LB

I don't see this year's Orakpo or Ngata here or anybody I would really rather have than Spiller over the next five years.

I like the Spiller pick even with his rough year, I like the trade of Marshawn because we don't need three RBs, yet I still wish Marshawn well...he always gave everything he had on the field.

Let's still hope #3 this year is the biggest homerun of a pick in years :)

It was his best run since his junior year at Cal. Watching the run it was almost as if a light went on inside his head that said 'Marshawn ... you have this talent ... you can use it if you try ...' and wow what a run!

Had nothing to do with his line but more with his second and third effort ... he just wasn't going down. The hole he ran through was nothing better than he had in front of him in Buffalo many times ... this time he was a driven player 'in the zone' and he wanted it ... and no one was going to bring him down.

Obviously, he hasn't had any similar runs at any time in his pro career ... but in the end ... good for Marshawn! Maybe this will turn him around as a person and as a player.

Who? Here are 10 through 20 without DBs and RBs (let's not pretend we pick anybody at 9 who didn't go in the top 20):

10 Tyson Alualu DE

11 Anthony Davis OT

13 Brandon Graham DE

15 Jason Pierre-Paul DE

16 Derrick Morgan DE

17 Mike Iupati OG

18 Maurkice Pouncey C

19 Sean Weatherspoon LB

I don't see this year's Orakpo or Ngata here or anybody I would really rather have than Spiller over the next five years.

I like the Spiller pick even with his rough year, I like the trade of Marshawn because we don't need three RBs, yet I still wish Marshawn well...he always gave everything he had on the field.

Let's still hope #3 this year is the biggest homerun of a pick in years :)

I bolded the players I would rather have. You could add Tebow, Dez Bryant, and BUlaga to the list cause you forgot them. I dont feel like naming all the 2nd and 3rd rounders I would have liked over Spiller but there are a handful of them too.

OK Marshawn had A great run and because NFL seeding of playoff teams stinks he's in the playoffs i'll give him that . But i'll still take Freddy any day !!

Freddy gives his all every time he's on the field , i think Marshawn wasn't putting in the kind of effort for the Bills before he left that he put in for the Hawks today .

When he first got here he gave it all but some where when he lost his starting job & his pride for the trouble he got in he stopped playing like he did when he first came here.

So props to you Marshawn on one great run this year but Freddy will prove in the long run to be the man in Buffalo that always produces game after game not just a good run once in a while !!

Agreed.

This team wouldn't be better off with a pass rusher like Pierre-Paul?

Or a TE like Gronkowski, a DE like Lamarr Houston, or a ILB like Spikes. All are 2nd rounders who went after our 2nd rounder and I would have taken all three at 9 if it was them or Spiller. what a waste.

Long run? One RB is 30 one is 24. I'm pretty sure Freddy has No Shot at winning anything in the longrun.

I'm also pretty sure that Seagull fans are laughing heartily at the Buffalo Bills. They'd trade a 4th round pick just for that 1 play.

Edited by Why So Serious?