Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

Wow ... stunning not in the sense that this is a new idea but stunning that the Bills followed through with it. The Bills have certainly embarked on a high risk journey when it comes to the o-line. If these guys are or get good they are young. This could serve the Bills well into the future. At the same time greater risk of crash and burn scenario.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand this. It has to be about money. If their logic was that Bell was performing better at LT than Walker, then the best move for the team, not their wallet, would have been Bell - Wood - Hangartner - Butler - Walker. That's what should have been done weeks ago if they really saw Bell as their answer at LT. Levitre could fill in at both guard spots and even a bit at right tackle if need be. Walker is a good RT, and was probably the most consistent damn offensive lineman on the team last season. Now we have an incredibly inexperienced tackle protecting Trent's blindside, along with two rookies and a guy (Butler) switching positions with Chambers as the main safety valve. What a joke.

Sure seems so. I sense estate planning...

I'm not against releasing Walker, but what kind of front office and coach changes your starting left tackle less than a week before the season starts? Holy crap, this team is a horrible mess.

Yes, get the best players on the field, but GOOD LORD WHY WAIT UNTIL NOW? Clearly this team has no hope of winning this season and is acting like it. I'm sick of this dysfunction.

Did anyone watch Walker against Detroit? He got beat every play he was in... this is not a loss at all. We will only benefit from having youth on the field. I guarentee cutting Chambers and keeping Walker on Saturday was a Schonert plan that AVP decided he didn't like.

The problem for New England now is game planning for someone you don't have film of calling plays. It is not rocket science, he knows the plays in and out... now he just has to call them at the right time. Believe it or not since Last Thursday I feel like this team has gone from sucking to moving in the right direction. A few more moves and we will be all set.

Walker was a bum... rewatch the first 10 offensive snaps against the Lions if you don't believe me.

Since 2007

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

Today

"On my god, we cut WALKER??!!!??? Worst move ever-The end is here!!!!!!!"

I think it's less the quality of Walker than it is the quality of the decision making process that leads an organization to cut their starting left tackle a week before the season opener and in turn resign a guy they just cut three days ago. :wallbash:

I'm not against releasing Walker, but what kind of front office and coach changes your starting left tackle less than a week before the season starts? Holy crap, this team is a horrible mess.

Yes, get the best players on the field, but GOOD LORD WHY WAIT UNTIL NOW? Clearly this team has no hope of winning this season and is acting like it. I'm sick of this dysfunction.

The timing is ... interesting, to be sure. Then again, if Bell's back doesn't flare up, perhaps Walker goes in the cutdown to 53.

If Chambers starts over Bell, I'll be pissed. And I guess they don't want to move Butler from RT and didn't want to pay Walker to be a backup. This hurts depth, but I'm betting Walker didn't want to be a backup.

If their plan was truly to start Chambers all along, do you really think they'd cut him and risk their LT? It's Bell.

I really don't understand this. It has to be about money. If their logic was that Bell was performing better at LT than Walker, then the best move for the team, not their wallet, would have been Bell - Wood - Hangartner - Butler - Walker. That's what should have been done weeks ago if they really saw Bell as their answer at LT. Levitre could fill in at both guard spots and even a bit at right tackle if need be. Walker is a good RT, and was probably the most consistent damn offensive lineman on the team last season. Now we have an incredibly inexperienced tackle protecting Trent's blindside, along with two rookies and a guy (Butler) switching positions with Chambers as the main safety valve. What a joke.

To me, the fact that they didn't do this right from the beginning, or a week or so afterwards shows what we are afraid of, that Bell wasn't much better than Walker if at all. They are counting on his upside, but right now, Bell's probably about the same as Langston or just a smidge better. Which is not good news.

This throws a worse light on the Peters trade. If Bell works out, great. If not, it was a horrible trade.

yeah, "lg" -- usually means left guard. thus, no kidding he wouldnt ply lt (this means left tackle).

he hurt his achilles game 4 of last season. that is a long time to recoup. also, that injury IS NO longer career theatening. i suppose you should ask the pats why they signed him -- i mean they dont do anything, right? actually, you know more than the pats front office, right? so, when they make a roster move -- you usually doubt it, yes? the moral of the story? bills should have signed him as ol (offensive line) depth.

Simmons hasn't been a "premier guard," for years predating the usually-career-killing Achilles injury. He also doesn't play tackle.

I bet Walker said "If Bell starts over me yall can kiss my black ass"

Jauron in a Trump moment says "Your fired"

APV says " Juaron you suck...how you gonna leave my QB with no experience at LT days before the opener???"

Jauron...."Well they play hard in practice..."

Ralph please fire this ass of a coach while you are cleaning house......

If Chambers starts over Bell, I'll be pissed. And I guess they don't want to move Butler from RT and didn't want to pay Walker to be a backup. This hurts depth, but I'm betting Walker didn't want to be a backup.

IIRC, Butler always gets dinged up, so we let Walker go. What if Bell sucks and/or Butler gets injured?

We were committing to pay him through out the offseason and even as of this past saturday, how did the coaching staff come to make his decision over the last couple days when they could have made it during to offseason or even on cut down day. I can kinda see Turk getting dismissed, but this one really boggles me...I mean honestly what is next - fire Fewel on Sunday night/Monday morning?

That's what pre-season is for. He was never the "starting" left tackle. They haven't even played a season game yet. So after evaluations they feel that Bell/Chambers is better than Walker.

its maddening that changes that needed to happen last December are happening 6 days before a huge opener at New England.... a team the Bills have not beaten in forever. The front office is clueless and Russ Brandon is a clown. Ralph Wilson is a bigger clown for giving RB the keys to the car (just because he got the idea for St John Fisher).

we wonder why this team hasnt made the playoffs in a decade.... The "organization" is a joke.

Walker clowns around too much in practice, not focused enough for this year. NEW attitude and NEW locker room leaders this year. Wood is the NEW O-line leader, he's a no-nonsense, all FOCUS in practice.

:lol::wallbash::cry::thumbsup:

Agree. We're going serious, young, fast, high-endurance, fit, and cheap.

Walker was none of the above.

The Bills released veteran left tackle Langston Walker, according to league sources, after trying to deal him to other teams. Walker was a player they expected to be their starting left tackle after dealing Jason Peters to Philadelphia in the offseason, but Demetrius Bell beat him out and is now in line to start.

Walker, 30, had started 32 straight games for the Bills since joining the club in 2007.

its maddening that changes that needed to happen last December are happening 6 days before a huge opener at New England.... a team the Bills have not beaten in forever. The front office is clueless and Russ Brandon is a clown. Ralph Wilson is a bigger clown for giving RB the keys to the car (just because he got the idea for St John Fisher).

we wonder why this team hasnt made the playoffs in a decade.... The "organization" is a joke.

thank you! that is exactly why I'm baffled. Do this in the EARLY OFFSEASON!!!! An also, why bring in TO at all? How is anyone going to get him the ball?

We are dumping a LOT of salary........Dockery and Walker were making a mint.

I actually dont hate Chambers......and I actually LIKE Bell but jesus this all looks like a financial move.

In the matter of a couple days, Ralphie boy just put 5 million in his pocket, and has all but guaranteed us a top 3 draft pick.

The Bills just wrested the title of laughing stock of the league from the Raiders.

yeah, "lg" -- usually means left guard. thus, no kidding he wouldnt ply lt (this means left tackle).

he hurt his achilles game 4 of last season. that is a long time to recoup. also, that injury IS NO longer career theatening. i suppose you should ask the pats why they signed him -- i mean they dont anything, right? actually, you know more than the pats front office, right? so, when they make a roster move -- you usually doubt it, yes? the moral of the story? bills should have signed him as ol (offensive line) depth.

Chambers is the depth, knows the system better than Simmons, and isn't coming off a major injury.

Why did they release him in the first place?

THAT is what I would like to know.

For what little it's worth, I think that Chambers will be about the same as Walker at LT. He is certainly smaller, but I think he is more agile and suited for the position. Still, your question is what stands out. WTF are they doing? How do you cut a player and then name him your starting LT? How on earth could a profession coach focus so little on the LT position?

What an absolute freaking mess. :wallbash:

In the matter of a couple days, Ralphie boy just put 5 million in his pocket, and has all but guaranteed us a top 3 draft pick.

The Bills just wrested the title of laughing stock of the league from the Raiders.

Somebody better remind him he'll have to pay a top 3 pick a hell of a lot more than 5 million.

Bell will start. The Bills think he's the second coming of Peters. I just hope he can deliver the mail like his estranged pops.....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...db-7fde175ee3c8

Since 2007

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

"Walker sucks"

Today

"On my god, we cut WALKER??!!!??? Worst move ever-The end is here!!!!!!!"

Welcome to life on the Wall.

Something is going to happen

The Bills will suck ?

Trent will be injured by the Bye week ?

TO's head will explode from trying to stay on his best behavior.

Actually. The more I think about it. This really seems like an episode of Punk'd. The Bills just keep making ridiculous move after ridiculous move until T.O. just snaps. Then Ashton Kutcher runs out and tells him he's been Punk'd