Official Trent Edwards Excuse Thread...

Alphadawg7

The funniest thing on this board that I have seen time and time again is the growing list of threads making another excuse for Trent Christ to explain his frequent below average play. For every one good game he has 4 bad games (literally), but the excuse makers hold on to the one good game as "the real Trent" and make excuses and blame others for his bad games. So, rather than have dozens of threads making excuses for him, here is a chance to list em all. This way when he has a bad game we can all just come to this thread and find out who's fault it really was...lmao

To get you started, here are some popular ones, including the most recent I saw that inspired this thread...

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

5. And the most recent and my favorite...Lee Evans isnt good enough

I could easily list another dozen, but will let others...

I am just wondering when everyone is going to stop blaming everyone else for his struggles and realize the kid hasnt put it together yet and he is still a stuggling young QB. Hopefully he gets there, our season depends on it, but I havent seen anything in the Preseason that suggests he has improved on his worst attribute which is reading the defense. He doesnt see coverages well or fast enough causing him to make throws late (when going downfield), not see open recievers, check down too often, and hold the ball too long leading to bad sacks and lots of fumbles.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

We need bigger(size) play makers in the red zone, we knew it last year, we know it now. Is Shawn Nelson playing yet, is T.O. playing yet, is James Hardy playing yet, has anything changed from last season.

I'm not giving you excuses, I'm giving you facts. We need some height and size to do better in the red zone period. :o

This one's easy:

1. The preseason doesn't count for sh--.

2. He has a winning record as a starter on a team that has a losing record without him. Why do we need to make excuses?

3. The difference this year is going to be TO, who, if you haven't noticed, has missed the last two games.

I think The Senator hit the nail on the head for Trent's uneven performance so far:

Trent's mind does not seem to be focused on football right now - the boy is clearly distracted by the scandalous Dakaota Fanning/Kristen Stewart rumours...

KStew Leaving Club With Dakota Fanning

Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning Share A Lesbian Scene

The funniest thing on this board that I have seen time and time again is the growing list of threads making another excuse for Trent Christ to explain his frequent below average play. For every one good game he has 4 bad games (literally), but the excuse makers hold on to the one good game as "the real Trent" and make excuses and blame others for his bad games. So, rather than have dozens of threads making excuses for him, here is a chance to list em all. This way when he has a bad game we can all just come to this thread and find out who's fault it really was...lmao

To get you started, here are some popular ones, including the most recent I saw that inspired this thread...

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

I am just wondering when everyone is going to stop blaming everyone else for his struggles and realize the kid hasnt put it together yet and he is still a stuggling young QB. Hopefully he gets there, our season depends on it, but I havent seen anything in the Preseason that suggests he has improved on his worst attribute which is reading the defense. He doesnt see coverages well or fast enough causing him to make throws late (when going downfield), not see open recievers, check down too often, and hold the ball too long leading to bad sacks and lots of fumbles.

Its not quite as long as the JP lovers excuses we endured for 2 years..But it is growing..If he sucks as bad as JP get rid of his lame ass too..I would rather see a vet come in here like a Garcia or Kerry Collins type than ever draft another QB again..All we get are projects or reaches that have no business playing qb in the NFL..

Its not quite as long as the JP lovers excuses we endured for 2 years..But it is growing..If he sucks as bad as JP get rid of his lame ass too..I would rather see a vet come in here like a Garcia or Kerry Collins type than ever draft another QB again..All we get are projects or reaches that have no business playing qb in the NFL..

Actually, JP's list wasnt so much long, it was really just a few with one being consistently repeated. That was that he was grossly mishandled...and there is some truth to that, but he was never going to be what we needed here.

But yeah, getting a Vet would be appealing unless we have a shot at one of the top 2 QB's next year in the draft if Trent doesnt put it together this year.

The funniest thing on this board that I have seen time and time again is the growing list of threads making another excuse for INSERT NAME OF CURRENT BILLS QB to explain his frequent below average play. For every one good game he has 4 bad games (literally), but the excuse makers hold on to the one good game as "the real INSERT NAME OF CURRENT BILLS QB" and make excuses and blame others for his bad games. So, rather than have dozens of threads making excuses for him, here is a chance to list em all. This way when he has a bad game we can all just come to this thread and find out who's fault it really was...lmao

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

Yawn....I updated your post so it will make it easier for you the next time around.

I would rather see a vet come in here like a Garcia or Kerry Collins type than ever draft another QB again..All we get are projects or reaches that have no business playing qb in the NFL..

I agree with this 100%. The last 2 QBs who helped lead the team to our last playoff appearance and winning season were such FA signees (Doug Flute and Drew Bledsoe). So far our luck with draft picks has not been good. Why on God's green earth would we want to try that again?

As far as excuses go:

He doesn't have a good enough coach.

The OLine sux.

He's homesick.

Our receivers aren't good at run after the catch. A good receiver (or RB) could turn a 2 yard pass into a 80 TD pass.

His glove was too tight.

This is all in fun. I hope the very best for Trent this year. I hope he plays in all 16 games like he did in the first 6 (minus AZ) last year.

Go Trent !!

Go BILLS !!

We need bigger(size) play makers in the red zone, we knew it last year, we know it now. Is Shawn Nelson playing yet, is T.O. playing yet, is James Hardy playing yet, has anything changed from last season.

I'm not giving you excuses, I'm giving you facts. We need some height and size to do better in the red zone period. :o

We also need the glove wearing QB to actually throw the ball to one of the players in the End zone, which he refuses to do. As Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100% of the chances you don't take"

My excuse for Trent is that he sucks. Wait. That's not an excuse. Its a fact.

Actually, JP's list wasnt so much long, it was really just a few with one being consistently repeated. That was that he was grossly mishandled...and there is some truth to that, but he was never going to be what we needed here.

But yeah, getting a Vet would be appealing unless we have a shot at one of the top 2 QB's next year in the draft if Trent doesnt put it together this year.

Perhaps. But, can you see the humor in the current situation? JP was widely ridiculed because all he did was look for the long bomb and wouldn't use outlet receiver. (I'm not saying that's true, just saying that was what was being said.) Trent was built up and seen as the next great thing. Now, he's being ridiculed because all he does is look for the checkdown, out receiver and doesn't throw it long enough. (And, unfortunately, that is quite factual.)

It's kinda like that old saying... be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it. Well, we all got it.

Disagree - if Bradford, McCoy or Tebow are sitting there with the 1st pick I don't think you can pass them up. This might be one of the best QB classes in a long time.

This one's easy:

1. The preseason doesn't count for sh--.

2. He has a winning record as a starter on a team that has a losing record without him. Why do we need to make excuses?

3. The difference this year is going to be TO, who, if you haven't noticed, has missed the last two games.

Quiet people are ranting. But seriously, what a bunch of whiney little girls (I hay be offending little girls by this comparion) Bills fans have become? A freaking preseason game and they are ready to slit their wrists. Get a grip.

Couple of questions:

- Who wanted the coaches tape and saw if the receivers were getting open down field?

- Don't you think it is telling that we have tried to replace Reed as the #2 receiver the last 2 seasons? Why do you think that is?

- Don't you think it is a little extreme to overreact to a new oline after 3 halves of football?

Poor Alpha, I guess the Lee Evans thread really bothers you.

Really Edwards has no excuses this year unless the O-line just plays miserably and gets David Carred and Feathered. We will see if he goes to the end-zone with T.O. If not he has no excuses. I just lack faith in Evans myself as a go-to #1.

All reports in camp is saying T.O is already the #1. Can you guess why? Now we will see if Edwards can play with some balls and if not the season will be a disaster, but this is merely a bigger problem waiting to erupt, namely if Edwards plays great and then T.O leaves what do you do? Whereas if Edwards plays poorly he becomes a career back-up.

He has the worst Offensive Line in football-Oh Wait! That's not an excuse, its a fact! Another retarded thread.

That is an interesting point of view. But think about how many Offensive Lineman we have brought in through FA or the draft.

As bad as our front office might be a picking linemen, we are going on 10 years without having a great offensive line. Some of the guys have been awful, but others have gone elsewhere and started. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, yet our offensive line always tends to suck. It seems almost impossible.

Have you also noticed that teams with "bad offensive lines" typically have "bad quarterbacks". The offenisive line is easy to point to but I am not sure it is the whole problem. I think it has more to do with our offensive scheme or lack there of. Even going back to the days of Gregg. We are always way too predictable. How many times have you been sitting in the recliner at home and knowing the down and distance, be able to predict what the Bills offense was going to do. I know I have and I seem to be right about 70-75% of the time, and I am a fan. Someone like Bill Belichek, Steve Spagnolo, or Rex Ryan will probably by right 95% of the time. Pretty easy to defend a play when you already know what has been called. (Spygate jokes aside).

Ths Bills have not had a great offensive mind here in a very long time.

1. Turk

2. DJ

3. Gameday Preperation

4. Jason Peters Holdout

I am another panzy california qb who doesnt like to play in the cold.

Guest dog14787
We also need the glove wearing QB to actually throw the ball to one of the players in the End zone, which he refuses to do. As Wayne Gretzky once said, "You miss 100% of the chances you don't take"

My excuse for Trent is that he sucks. Wait. That's not an excuse. Its a fact.

Sucks bad enough to have a winning record, imagine that, despite the lack of having a decent group of WR's no TE to speak and an inexperienced OC.

ignorant post, and that's a fact :o

Sucks bad enough to have a winning record, imagine that, despite the lack of having a decent group of WR's no TE to speak and an inexperienced OC.

ignorant post, and that's a fact :o

Let me know when Trent matches JP's mediocre stats from 2006. So far he has sucked bad enough not to even be better statistically than Losman (who set the bar pretty low himself). Maybe the WRs lack of stats are due to poor quarterbacking. Check Evans' stats from 2006. Looks like a good WR when his QB is not in constant checkdown mode.

Let me know when Trent matches JP's mediocre stats from 2006. So far he has sucked bad enough not to even be better statistically than Losman (who set the bar pretty low himself). Maybe the WRs lack of stats are due to poor quarterbacking. Check Evans' stats from 2006. Looks like a good WR when his QB is not in constant checkdown mode.

"What do you mean we are allowed to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield?"

Regards,

Trentative Edwards

Guest dog14787

If I have to point out the difference between Steve Fairchilds original offense in 06 and Shonerts now, I'm probably wasting my time anyway.

If I have to point out the difference between Steve Fairchilds original offense in 06 and Shonerts now, I'm probably wasting my time anyway.

What difference? They both suck.

Are you referring to Turk's "World's Slowest No Huddle" Offense? Yeah, our starters are lighting it up under that!

I think a majority of people here fell in love with Trent Edwards simply because he was NOT JP Losman. I think there were only a few of us last year who felt NEITHER QB was the long term answer for the Bills. I'd love to be proved wrong by Trentative...