Official Trent Edwards Excuse Thread...

Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787
Nice...

I also find it hilarious that his so called winning record is barely over .500 (I think by just one game in fact) which is never going to equal a playoff berth in the AFC and yet these people hold it up as if he has some kind of great record.

The truth about his so called record is that a lot of those wins came inspite or Trents struggles. He didnt win those games, our team won them for him.

The reality is this: Trent has lost us more games than he has won for us. And thats just fact...

Hope a switch goes off this year, I really do, but he is showing a lot of the same flaws still he has always had...

I can say the same things about the games TE lost, he didn't lose those games the players around him and coaching staff did and the reality is some of your comments don't even make any sense.

You tell me how TE can have a winning record yet lose more games then he won, then even go on and call your comment fact. :thumbsup:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

You guys realize we are talking about a QB who doesn't even have two full seasons yet (24 games) a winning record, one of the best completion percentages in the league and a QB rating over 85.

Then take into account who the head coach is, who the OC is, who the GM is, the supporting cast that he has around him and lacking the one main thing every young QB absolutely has to have for proper development which is a good Tight End security blanket. What do you know, Despite everything, TE is off to a better start then some of the best QB's that ever played the game.

In comparison Eli manning was 11-13 his first 24 games played in the NFL, Peyton Manning 9-15, Tom Brady 9-15, Jim Kelly 9-15, Joe Montana 5-19

The BS is knee deep in this thread.

In comparison Eli manning was 11-13 his first 24 games played in the NFL, Peyton Manning 9-15, Tom Brady 9-15, Jim Kelly 9-15, Joe Montana 5-19

And Rothelisberger had a monster RB tandem in Bettis and Parker in front of a rock solid line with a #1 defense to boot during his first two seasons on the way to superbowl XL...As pointed in another thread, the Steelers won in spite of Ben in XL (XLIII was different), when they had to go to a gimmick play to have Randal El throw the winning TD to Hines Ward.

Ben now in his 6th season has learned on the way to be a very good QB and it showed in super bowl XLIII. It is very hard to please every bills fan. On one side they hated JP because he was very inaccurate and floated passes like ducks and wanted an accurate QB and when they get one, they B word that he cannot throw long balls (Which I disagree).....

If you look at teams through the 45+ years of AFL + NFL Merger, most of the teams have had 1 or 2 franchise type QBs. There has been no team that has churned Franchise QBs year in year out...Even the Steelers with their 6 SB championships have had just two franchise QBs in Bradshaw and Big Ben...

The BS is toe deep in the thread.

You guys realize we are talking about a QB who doesn't even have two full seasons yet (24 games) a winning record, one of the best completion percentages in the league and a QB rating over 85.

Then take into account who the head coach is, who the OC is, who the GM is, the supporting cast that he has around him and lacking the one main thing every young QB absolutely has to have for proper development which is a good Tight End security blanket. What do you know, Despite everything, TE is off to a better start then some of the best QB's that ever played the game.

I watched the Chicago game again last night. Trent had a couple nice throws to Lee but he could not get the Bills into the end zone. I don't want to hear about his completeion percentage anymore. If Trent is any good, with the weapons he has this year, he better throw TD's....................and I mean a bunch of them.

That is an interesting point of view. But think about how many Offensive Lineman we have brought in through FA or the draft.

As bad as our front office might be a picking linemen, we are going on 10 years without having a great offensive line. Some of the guys have been awful, but others have gone elsewhere and started. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, yet our offensive line always tends to suck. It seems almost impossible.

Have you also noticed that teams with "bad offensive lines" typically have "bad quarterbacks". The offenisive line is easy to point to but I am not sure it is the whole problem. I think it has more to do with our offensive scheme or lack there of. Even going back to the days of Gregg. We are always way too predictable. How many times have you been sitting in the recliner at home and knowing the down and distance, be able to predict what the Bills offense was going to do. I know I have and I seem to be right about 70-75% of the time, and I am a fan. Someone like Bill Belichek, Steve Spagnolo, or Rex Ryan will probably by right 95% of the time. Pretty easy to defend a play when you already know what has been called. (Spygate jokes aside).

Ths Bills have not had a great offensive mind here in a very long time.

Ths Bills have not had a great offensive mind here in a very long time.

I agree, since maybe Marchibroda?

Have you also noticed that teams with "bad offensive lines" typically have "bad quarterbacks".

Goes hand in hand. Steve Young had a bad line in Tampa and he sucked. He went to the 49ers and now he is in Canton. Our line has sucked for years and years. Some have went on to start elsewhere, but even more of them were FA busts elsewheres, i.e., Jonas Jennings. You are right though as far as predicting what the Bills are going to run, and I am a beer drinking guy in a recliner, gotta be real easy for someone who makes a living doing that.

You may think Lee can't beat double coverage. I think Trent can't beat double coverage because he can't throw the ball where Lee can make a play on it with two guys all over him.

Yeah, that's the problem--Trent refuses to throw into double coverage "with two guys all over" Evans.

These are actual posts, folks.

JPL's gone fellas. Let it go.

+1

i agree with the above, and the criticism that Evans does not come back for the ball or do many other things well enough (perhaps mostly due to his lack of size and physical presence). now this year w TO on the other side evans might have a chance to show all he can do.

bottom line is trent needs to step up big time this year. he might still have to check down a bunch due to having a young line and lynch being out for a bit, but he needs to improve as the year goes on, and not get so tennative against 3 4 Ds. if he get's quicker on the trigger, i think he could be very good.

if he fades again this year, he's being replaced.

do you even take into account that Eli and Peyton were #1 draft picks of the entire draft?

which means... :drum roll:

the teams they were going onto weren't that good?

Yeah, that's the problem--Trent refuses to throw into double coverage "with two guys all over" Evans.

These are actual posts, folks.

JPL's gone fellas. Let it go.

Learn to read IDIOT. I said Trent COULD NOT throw an accurate pass that Lee could make a play on when there is double coverage, not that he refused to throw it.

Sorry, but YOU are the one that's knee deep in BS. According to NFL.com game logs...

- Brady's record was 15-9 in his first 24 games, not 9-15; and he went 20-12 in his first 32 games as well

- Peyton Manning's record was 16-16 in his first 32 games, including 13-3 in his second season; anyone see Trent putting together a 13-3 season this year?

- Eli Manning went 1-6 his rookie year, but came back in year 2 (2005) to go 11-5 as a starter; last time I checked, that adds up to 12-11, so your 11-13 stat is another complete fabrication. Even if it weren't, were talking about a complete quantam leap in winning percentage from season one to season two, have you seen anything remotely similar from Edwards?

- Through his first 23 starts, Montana's 49ers went 15-8 (1980-1981...oh yeah, and they won the Superbowl in '81), which is almost 180 degrees opposite of what you said, where are getting some of this crappola?

As much as I'd like for what you're saying to be true, it's a lot more applicable to look at the REAL numbers as opposed to a bunch of stuff you made up to make Trent look good.

The biggest problem with Trentative was simply that so many people loved him because he was "notJPLosman." Just because one guy is "better than the last guy" doesn't mean he is any good.

A 4 is prettier than a 3, but the 4 is still ugly.

Sorry, dog - I was gonna leave this thread alone, but I just can't.

Why is it that the Losman-bashers count his broken-leg rookie season a full year, and 2005 - when Mularkey kept yanking him for Kelly Holcomb - as a full year, and 2007 - when Wilford's cheap-shot to Losman's knee took him out in September - as a full year, yet Trentative Checkwards doesn't even have two full seasons?????!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

(And this is NOT a 'JP Losman is better then Trent Edwards' thread - just a plea for consistency - regardless of circumstances, bad coaching, multiple HCs/OCs, whatever, they BOTH suck.)

Let's just please use the same yardstick for Edwards that we used for Losman- this is Los Gatos Boy's THIRD SEASON as a starting NFL QB.

He has the worst Offensive Line in football-Oh Wait! That's not an excuse, its a fact! Another retarded thread.

That was an un-acceptable excuse when JP was the QB.

But true none the less.

Until the OL is better any QB will struggle.

Some people will never understand that.

Sorry, dog - I was gonna leave this thread alone, but I just can't.

Why is it that the Losman-bashers count his broken-leg rookie season a full year, and 2005 - when Mularkey kept yanking him for Kelly Holcomb - as a full year, and 2007 - when Wilford's cheap-shot to Losman's knee took him out in September - as a full year, yet Trentative Checkwards doesn't even have two full seasons?????!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

(And this is NOT a 'JP Losman is better then Trent Edwards' thread - just a plea for consistency - regardless of circumstances, bad coaching, multiple HCs/OCs, whatever, they BOTH suck.)

Let's just please use the same yardstick for Edwards the we used for Losman- this is Los Gatos Boy's THIRD SEASON as a starting NFL QB.

Absolutely. Can't cut it any other way. This is his third season. For lots of reasons. NFL pension qualification for one. But from a practical stanpoint he's been here for three seasons of OTAs, training camps, pre-season, and will presumably be there for this season's regular season games. It's his third year. Period. People point to number of starts within those three years and, while I think real game experience is second to nothing in terms of gaining experience on the field, the fact remains this is his third season.

While the Losman bashers certainly trotted out his interrupted seasons as seasons none the less, the JP worshippers did the same thing in reverse.

I'm waiting until TE has 31 NFL starts under his belt before I can compare his development to JP's. As I said, nothing beats real game playing experience in terms of flattening the learning curve. I don't need to wait until he's been in the league the same five years that JP was to do that. Heck, he may NOT be in the league those same five years for all we know.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787
Sorry, but YOU are the one that's knee deep in BS. According to NFL.com game logs...

- Brady's record was 15-9 in his first 24 games, not 9-15; and he went 20-12 in his first 32 games as well

- Peyton Manning's record was 16-16 in his first 32 games, including 13-3 in his second season; anyone see Trent putting together a 13-3 season this year?

- Eli Manning went 1-6 his rookie year, but came back in year 2 (2005) to go 11-5 as a starter; last time I checked, that adds up to 12-11, so your 11-13 stat is another complete fabrication. Even if it weren't, were talking about a complete quantam leap in winning percentage from season one to season two, have you seen anything remotely similar from Edwards?

- Through his first 23 starts, Montana's 49ers went 15-8 (1980-1981...oh yeah, and they won the Superbowl in '81), which is almost 180 degrees opposite of what you said, where are getting some of this crappola?

As much as I'd like for what you're saying to be true, it's a lot more applicable to look at the REAL numbers as opposed to a bunch of stuff you made up to make Trent look good.

My Big mistakes and I take credit for them, I think Peyton was the only one correct at 9-15 and Eli went 12-12. I was reviewing game logs and didn't realize they were not actual starts, my apology to everyone.( I was at the same site just wasn't looking at the starts column)

Thanks for correcting me, I never want to give false info

Absolutely. Can't cut it any other way. This is his third season. For lots of reasons. NFL pension qualification for one. But from a practical stanpoint he's been here for three seasons of OTAs, training camps, pre-season, and will presumably be there for this season's regular season games. It's his third year. Period. People point to number of starts within those three years and, while I think real game experience is second to nothing in terms of gaining experience on the field, the fact remains this is his third season.

While the Losman bashers certainly trotted out his interrupted seasons as seasons none the less, the JP worshippers did the same thing in reverse.

I'm waiting until TE has 31 NFL starts under his belt before I can compare his development to JP's. As I said, nothing beats real game playing experience in terms of flattening the learning curve. I don't need to wait until he's been in the league the same five years that JP was to do that. Heck, he may NOT be in the league those same five years for all we know.

GO BILLS!!!

Fair enough, K-9 - but just remember that the most rabid Losman-bashers relentlessly proffered the arguments, "Well, he still gains experience standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard," or "So you're saying that OTAs, training camps, classroom time, practices, and just being on an NFL team don't count?"

Just sayin'.

Same yardstick for Edwards that was used for Losman, please.

GO BILLS!!!

God if we have to compare his development to JPs it doesnt matter we are gonna suck big time..lol..Lets face it why are we arguing over a qb it doesnt really matter if we had Tom Brady Roger Staubach or God himself back there. Our defense cant stop anybody and if they did our moronic coaching staff would either a. call some retarded play or b.make some foolish decision to kill any chance of winning. It reminds of the movie easy money where the jockey was ahead by a mile and then realized he might win so he put his feet on the track slowing the horse down so he wouldnt win..I dont even think the Bills could handle winning..They proved that last year..Lets argue about something real that might change the course of this franchise..A new owner..

God if we have to compare his development to JPs it doesnt matter we are gonna suck big time..lol..Lets face it why are we arguing over a qb it doesnt really matter if we had Tom Brady Roger Staubach or God himself back there. Our defense cant stop anybody and if they did our moronic coaching staff would either a. call some retarded play or b.make some foolish decision to kill any chance of winning. It reminds of the movie easy money where the jockey was ahead by a mile and then realized he might win so he put his feet on the track slowing the horse down so he wouldnt win..I dont even think the Bills could handle winning..They proved that last year..Lets argue about something real that might change the course of this franchise..A new owner..

Meh, not sure our D is the big problem. Granted last year they could not get the other team off the field fast enough but considering the frequency with which the O was putting our D back on the field I think they did respectably. They were hurt big time with Schobel's absence. I think this year we should be a lot better with AS back and the possibility of Maybin turning out to be a good situational pass rusher (for this year). Our backfield is set and stacked - no worries there especially with Whitner's move and Corner looking promising. Ellison is a weak spot and I am not sure if Nic Harris can grow to replace him. But the main question marks are one LB and one DE position each. Which is a whole lot better than the multiple doubts we have on the offensive side of ball.

Meh, not sure our D is the big problem. Granted last year they could not get the other team off the field fast enough but considering the frequency with which the O was putting our D back on the field I think they did respectably. They were hurt big time with Schobel's absence. I think this year we should be a lot better with AS back and the possibility of Maybin turning out to be a good situational pass rusher (for this year). Our backfield is set and stacked - no worries there especially with Whitner's move and Corner looking promising. Ellison is a weak spot and I am not sure if Nic Harris can grow to replace him. But the main question marks are one LB and one DE position each. Which is a whole lot better than the multiple doubts we have on the offensive side of ball.

Our dline cant stop the run or rush the passer, they get sucked in on counter s, end run and reverses consistently. Our lbs are weak at the point of attack and cant cover..Our db's are the best part of the defense but even then they can only cover so long. I dont see our defense as "the big Problem" just combine that with our at best inexperienced oline our qb and our idiots we call coaches and it doesnt matter who is the big problem..They are all problems...

I can say the same things about the games TE lost, he didn't lose those games the players around him and coaching staff did and the reality is some of your comments don't even make any sense.

You tell me how TE can have a winning record yet lose more games then he won, then even go on and call your comment fact. :thumbsup:

Apparently your intellect doesnt allow you to understand the statement, so let me explain...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins. We literally won INSPITE of Trents below average performance thanks to the running game, D, and ST. He has only had a handful of good outings. Even in our 4-0 start last year he had two bad games.

In Trents losses, in almost every single loss we were in the game throughout the WHOLE game and almost every game was winnable. And almost in every loss Trent had below average or outright horrible game.

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us. But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game. But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

For instance, even just average QB play gets us all 4 divisional wins that Trent started and a win against CLE and SF. Thats 6 more wins with just at least average play. Add in the two JP divisional games and we could have amassed 8 more wins last year! YES EIGHT WINNABLE GAMES last year we lost becuase our QB (both loserman and Trentative) couldnt get it done on the field...

These kinds of threads really suck, I'm sorry.

You want to see incredible QB play, go back and look at the fourth quarters against Jacksonville and Oakland last year. I haven't seen QB play like that since the Kelly era. And you know what? I remember crap like this in the Kelly era too. Fans were constantly trying to tear him down for some reason. It's a Buffalo thing, I'm afraid.

Does Trent need to perform better? Absolutely. I don't think he denies that, either. But the constant harping about whomever the QB is - making fun of everything he does, says, eats, dates, looks at; blaming him for every single loss; calling him names; booing him out of town - what is it about Bills fans? It's not productive, it's mean-spirited and it's ugly. Go get a fuggin' life, seriously. Some of you people deserve the crap product they put out there.

Apparently your intellect doesnt allow you to understand the statement, so let me explain...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins. We literally won INSPITE of Trents below average performance thanks to the running game, D, and ST. He has only had a handful of good outings. Even in our 4-0 start last year he had two bad games.

In Trents losses, in almost every single loss we were in the game throughout the WHOLE game and almost every game was winnable. And almost in every loss Trent had below average or outright horrible game.

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us. But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game. But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

For instance, even just average QB play gets us all 4 divisional wins that Trent started and a win against CLE and SF. Thats 6 more wins with just at least average play. Add in the two JP divisional games and we could have amassed 8 more wins last year! YES EIGHT WINNABLE GAMES last year we lost becuase our QB (both loserman and Trentative) couldnt get it done on the field...

So you are saying if Trent was just average, we would have gone 15-1 last year? Yikes! Quit mixing Everclear with your Koolaid!

Fair enough, K-9 - but just remember that the most rabid Losman-bashers relentlessly proffered the arguments, "Well, he still gains experience standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard," or "So you're saying that OTAs, training camps, classroom time, practices, and just being on an NFL team don't count?"

Just sayin'.

Same yardstick for Edwards that was used for Losman, please.

It's his third season. But remember that JPL was named the starter in 2005 (after a "QB competition") and was the starter in 2006 and 2007. TE never lost his starting position for bad play. How many starts did JP miss for non injury reasons?

Learn to read IDIOT. I said Trent COULD NOT throw an accurate pass that Lee could make a play on when there is double coverage, not that he refused to throw it.

Yeah I got that--I am making fun of your criticism: that you would fault him for not (or not being able to, if it makes a difference to your understanding) throwing to a receiver in tight double coverage.

In other words, that's usually not something you want a QB to do, for reasons that QBs and nonQBs would both consider obvious.

Question: where you are from, what does the term "idiot" mean? Just curious.

You want to see incredible QB play, go back and look at the fourth quarters against Jacksonville and Oakland last year. I haven't seen QB play like that since the Kelly era. And you know what? I remember crap like this in the Kelly era too. Fans were constantly trying to tear him down for some reason. It's a Buffalo thing, I'm afraid.

Does Trent need to perform better? Absolutely. I don't think he denies that, either. But the constant harping about whomever the QB is - making fun of everything he does, says, eats, dates, looks at; blaming him for every single loss; calling him names; booing him out of town - what is it about Bills fans? It's not productive, it's mean-spirited and it's ugly. Go get a fuggin' life, seriously. Some of you people deserve the crap product they put out there.

FWIW, not just Bills fans. KC fans were calling Trent Green "TrINT" while he was posting 4,000-yard seasons for their Chiefs, and we won't get into Igglefans/McNabb ...

Not saying the over-the-top stuff is right, just that it's not exactly rare.

I'm beginning to believe that Trent banged your sister or mom or maybe even both of them together, at the same time.

So you are saying if Trent was just average, we would have gone 15-1 last year? Yikes! Quit mixing Everclear with your Koolaid!

I said 8 "WINNABLE" games...not 8 wins...but I guarantee we would have made the playoffs...and if you cant see that you dont watch the games

I'm beginning to believe that Trent banged your sister or mom or maybe even both of them together, at the same time.

Im beginning to think you have had a romantic encounter with him and are blinded by your man love for him...

And just for the record...in all 6 divisional games our combined QB play was less than horrible. And we could have won all 6 still. The SF and CLE games were both literally winnable all the way down to the final drives, and both QB's were below horrible in those games.

They werent even close to average performances, yet we were in position to still win all the way to the end. So how on Earth can you even remotely deny that a capable QB who had at least a solid outing wouldnt have won us those games?

:thumbsup:

Now that is funny

The crusade continues

Nice to see you back Magoz making posts that offer nothing to the discussion other than your obvious outright man crush on Trentative and denial he has ever strggled in a single game...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins.

Now do you get it?

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us.

Followed by......

But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game.

But, forget that, because....

But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's funny to remember that during the SB years, people often called for Reich to start over KElly because every time he was called on, he played so well. Buffalo talk radio was often focused on the possibility of Reich starting. Sounds stupid now--or like it must have been some tiny minority but it wasn't. Lots of people wanted to see Reich.

Every city, every team goes through this, especially when they are losing.

Nice to see you back Magoz making posts that offer nothing to the discussion other than your obvious outright man crush on Trentative and denial he has ever strggled in a single game...

It's better than regurgitating the same nauseating vomit over and over and over :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
My Big mistakes and I take credit for them, I think Peyton was the only one correct at 9-15 and Eli went 12-12. I was reviewing game logs and didn't realize they were not actual starts, my apology to everyone.( I was at the same site just wasn't looking at the starts column)

Thanks for correcting me, I never want to give false info

It took Jim Kelly 32 starts to equal Trent Edwards win totals at 14 wins with 23 starts. I made some mistakes with my previous information, but my point was still made,.Trent Edwards is off to a very good start in my opinion, especially when you consider the supporting cast and coaching staff.

It took Jim Kelly 32 starts to equal Trent Edwards win totals at 14 wins with 23 starts. I made some mistakes with my previous information, but my point was still made,.Trent Edwards is off to a very good start in my opinion, especially when you consider the supporting cast and coaching staff.

that's pretty amazing...proves that perception is reality to some folks.

Now do you get it?

Followed by......

But, forget that, because....

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, you are really slow arent you. Its a team game, so if one AREA of the team struggles, another AREA of the team can bail us out. At the same time, various areas of the team can do enough to win just to see one area drag us down...

In many of our wins under Trentative, we won despite Trentative not having a good outing. In many of our losses under him we lost becuase the rest of the team did enough for us to win if they would have had help from our QB...Very few times has Trentative gone out and had an actual good game. I can count Trentatives good games literally on a single hand...I need both hands and feet to count his bad games (includes both wins and losses).

In fact, Trentative has yet to go out and carry this team to a win when it needed it. Good QB's are capable of that. His best game as a pro was just a 270+ yard outing with a single TD and it was against one of the worst D's in the league.

My issue to is that he didnt even have a real productive College career either. He has never been capable of taking the reigns and winning us the game. At least not yet.

Wow, you are really slow arent you. Its a team game, so if one AREA of the team struggles, another AREA of the team can bail us out. At the same time, various areas of the team can do enough to win just to see one area drag us down...

In many of our wins under Trentative, we won despite Trentative not having a good outing. In many of our losses under him we lost becuase the rest of the team did enough for us to win if they would have had help from our QB...Very few times has Trentative gone out and had an actual good game. I can count Trentatives good games literally on a single hand...I need both hands and feet to count his bad games (includes both wins and losses).

In fact, Trentative has yet to go out and carry this team to a win when it needed it. Good QB's are capable of that. His best game as a pro was just a 270+ yard outing with a single TD and it was against one of the worst D's in the league.

My issue to is that he didnt even have a real productive College career either. He has never been capable of taking the reigns and winning us the game. At least not yet.

You're absolutely right! Our team is completely loaded at all positions except QB! When we win it's despite of him, and when we lose it's because of him.

[/sarcasm]