Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bills clearly pinpointed Maybin and didnt even consider another player even though there were players there that were supposed to be gone

I hate this pick, the guy is under 250 lbs, only had one good year and Penn St d-lineman do not have a good history of performing in the NFL

Maybin is said to have the quickest first step of all the other players. He can also play OLB. This is our best pick. He's a smart kid, blue-collar, and can do what the Texas kid couldn't.

Also, we have the tv coverage we never get. I love this pick. However, the next two picks are really going to put this in perspective.

Agree. Super quick. Orakpo's injury-plagued career vs Maybin's short career. Maybin won.

And he's not Crabtree.

the Bills clearly pinpointed Maybin and didnt even consider another player even though there were players there that were supposed to be gone

I hate this pick, the guy is under 250 lbs, only had one good year and Penn St d-lineman do not have a good history of performing in the NFL

Bust U... at #11. :worthy:

I was a Maybin hater till I saw his combine video. The guy is freakishly quick and I think we'll be very happy after he's had a year to fill out his tall frame. I actually like it! :worthy:

Orakpo is the guy who will get eaten alive at the next level. Too short. I'd rather have the tall rangy guy who can make OTs block air.

GUYS! we just addressed the D-line, the trenches, with the best pass rusher available.

lets see what else we can do along the lines today. got 2 picks left. so far, so good.

A 250 pounder in the trenches??? Belichick is quaking in his shoes over that pick.

Maybin is listed as 31st best player in USA Today, per nfldraftscout.com

He's listed as the 12th best player by Gosseln (a real source) and the second best DE after Jackson.

I LOVE IT!

Gosselin so far:

1. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest(4)

2. Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech10

3. Jason Smith OT Baylor(2)

4. Matthew Stafford QB Georgia(1)

5. Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

6. Tyson Jackson DE LSU(3)

7. Mark Sanchez QB Southern California(5)

8. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia(8)

9. B.J. Raji DT Boston College(9)

10. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

11. Andre Smith OT Alabama(6)

12. Aaron Maybin DE Penn State11 F-CK YEAH!

13. Vontae Davis CB Illinois

14. Brian Orakpo DE Texas

15. Michael Oher OT Mississippi

16. Knowshon Moreno HB Georgia12

17. Josh Freeman QB Kansas State

18. Percy Harvin WR Florida

19. Beanie Wells HB Ohio State

20. Brian Cushing OLB Southern California

21. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland(7)

Love it. He's the only one with the athleticism to have a chance at being a special player.

Rak is strong, but lumbering, and I think NFL tackles will eat him up.

Maybin may take some time to develop, but he's a good roll of the dice. And he's not a one-year wonder. A guy that did nothing during his career and then had a great senior year is a one-year wonder. A guy who puts up the numbers Maybin did (in the way he did) early in his college career is a POTENTIAL a-list player.

DE is the worst position to try to figure out in the first round, but I like this.

What I love about this thread is that 80% of the people saying the love/hate the pick probably haven't seen Orakpo or Maybin play a single down.

OMG ORAKPO WAS ON MEL'S BOARD>>>>>WE DIDN'T PICK HIM WE SUCK....who'd he play for again?

Hey, Orakpo will make too many Pro Bowls for us to afford him anyway. :worthy:

I'm tired with how negative you guys are. Maybin is a sick DE

I like Maybin... I think the guy is only 20 yrs old and yet he had 12 sacks last year.. Also, Buffalorumblings reported: "We're hearing that they'll be working the phones to try to move up... so stay tuned."

Love it. He's the only one with the athleticism to have a chance at being a special player.

Rak is strong, but lumbering, and I think NFL tackles will eat him up.

Maybin may take some time to develop, but he's a good roll of the dice. And he's not a one-year wonder. A guy that did nothing during his career and then had a great senior year is a one-year wonder. A guy who puts up the numbers Maybin did (in the way he did) early in his college career is a POTENTIAL a-list player.

DE is the worst position to try to figure out in the first round, but I like this.

you dont roll the dice with the 11th pick especially a team like the Bills who are not one or two players away

its not even close, QB is the worst position to try and figure out in the first round

i hate this

maybe you should look up his stats before saying he isnt a one year wonder because he didnt do anything until last year

What I love about this thread is that 80% of the people saying the love/hate the pick probably haven't seen Orakpo or Maybin play a single down.

OMG ORAKPO WAS ON MEL'S BOARD>>>>>WE DIDN'T PICK HIM WE SUCK....who'd he play for again?

Good point. That's why I'm not commenting. Have not seen either play.

I have no clue how any of these players will pan out, but I seem to be asking myself the same question year after year with the Bills. We seem to grab guys well ahead of the consensus of where they "should" go, implying that we could've moved down and received the same pick + some other value.