Caleb Williams is off to a rough rookie start

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That was hilarious. It’s the last bit on the clip. 

So much good stuff on those cartoons. they were relentless on Dan Snyder. 

ROFLMAO ... my eyes are tearing!  LOL   

Sapp & Washington ... BWAHAHA 

Malarkey:  "Drew?"  

Bledsoe:   "AHHH!"  

Malarkey:  "Right."  

LOL  

Bledsoe's arms down to his knees.  LOL  

Les Mess, Harry Sphincter, Bill Spleen.  I forget the other names.  

I'm dyin' from laughter here.  

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He’s no Peterman. That guy would never throw picks in practice. 

McD's favorite QB.  Best not to bring that up.  LOL  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or even a Preseason game. 

Personally, I want my rookie QB letting it rip in camp. Can he make this throw? what about this one? What happens if I make this read? Mistakes are a good things. It why I'm really high on a guy like Richardson or Levis because they don't always have clean tape, but they let it rip. Bryce Young on the other hand, holds the ball like hes scared to make a mistake. If that doesnt change, hes got no chance 

Interesting take.  I think QB's coming out of college are way over hyped to begin with.  The defense played by most teams in college is not very good.  No team (including Alabama) has studs at every position on a starting college defense.  And once you get starters injured it can become a free for all on the field, with teams marching up and down the field.  (Watch the Arizona-Oklahoma bowl game from last season for context. Just a ridiculous second half comeback by Arizona with so many big plays.  That stuff does not usually happen against an NFL defense.)  Caleb Williams played in the PAC 12.  Not a lot of good defense is played there.  Same for Michael Penix and Bo Nix.  Not saying they won't be good pros, but the NFL is not the PAC 12.  Penix is slightly built and was bludgeoned pretty badly by a very dominant Michigan defense.  Nix is not a big guy either.  There is always a period of adjustment going from college to the pros. 

I think Williams supposed cockiness won't play well in the pros.  But its really all about how you play the game.  The rest of it doesn't matter if you are real good.  Russell Wilson's prima donna all about me stuff was fine until he wasn't great any longer.  Now he is old news.  As for Richardson, he better learn how to take care of himself on the field, otherwise his career will be a brief moment in time.  And Levis who really knows.  Getting rid of caveman Vrabel certainly should help his progress.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Same reports came about CJ Stroud last year, look how he turned out. Not saying Williams is Stroud, things can change in a matter of months.

Stroud has the talent, had a great coaching staff and offense around him.  You need all of that, IMO, to succeed as a young QB.  Not sure what Williams has in Chicago?  

He isnt in a contrived competition.  Ints in May dont matter.  I would guess he is experimenting with his arm.   Seeing what throws he can and cant get away with.  What windows look open but are not.  What window looks closed but is open.  Now if this is due to unable to read a defense or confused on play concept that to get be taught.  As long as he avoids rubber mats and a medical tents he should be ok. 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Well what did Josh look like in 2018 after 3 OTA practices ?

Relatively speaking... an inevitable upgrade over Peterman and AJ McCarron. It wasn't just the fans... even Beane laments the mess he made of the QB room that season.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, kitchen sink said:

As a Bills supporter, I am hoping that the Bears have the worst season possible in 2024 and the Bills get the first pick in the fourth round of the draft next year. 

With you, but we want the Vikings to be the worst for top pick of the 2nd round, and Bears 2nd worse for the 4th. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If Williams doesn't work out, it's time for the Bears & Jets to be banned from drafting 1st round QBs.  

I'll repeat an unpopular belief of mine: Coaches don't ruin QBs, scouts & GMs ruin their teams with bad QB choices.  It was never the Bills coaches who ruined EJ & JP, it was bad scouting. They would have been busts with any coach.  

The blame for Losman and Manuel was 100% on the front office, for drafting them. No question there.

Sometimes, things aren't quite as simple as that. Take a guy like Alex Smith. Back when he was in San Francisco, he was okay. Towards the end of his time there, he was benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick. Greg Roman's offense requires a mobile quarterback, such as Kaepernick. Also, Roman was good at hiding Kaepernick's shortcomings.

Alex Smith found his way to the Chiefs. In his last year there, his yards per pass attempt compared favorably to the career average of Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. Some of that was Andy Reid's excellent offensive system, and some was being surrounded by good offensive talent. What about Kaepernick? After Greg Roman left the 49ers, their offense began putting less emphasis on a QB's running ability, and more on his passing. Kaepernick spent his last two years with the 49ers in a QB competition with Blaine Gabbert. After those two years ended, Gabbert signed a vet minimum contract with some other team, while Kaepernick exited the league.

If you're a running QB, like Kaepernick, you want your team to run a Greg Roman-style offense. Whereas if you're a passing QB, you want to avoid all things Greg Roman like the plague!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

If you're a running QB, like Kaepernick, you want your team to run a Greg Roman-style offense. Whereas if you're a passing QB, you want to avoid all things Greg Roman like the plague!

RIP

Amazon No GIF by NFL On Prime Video

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Stroud has the talent, had a great coaching staff and offense around him.  You need all of that, IMO, to succeed as a young QB.  Not sure what Williams has in Chicago?  

He has 3 stud wrs and a running back lol

Keenan Allen , dj Moore and Rome odunze at WR is youth , Experience and talent lol

Top 3 NFL 

• Like (+1) 1