OTAs 5/21

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

how big is shavers..he looks big even next to Josh.   everytime i see Keon out there i think he is smaller than he is.

He's listed 6'4 but have seen him listed as 6'6 in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2022 was Tavon Austin

2023 was Trent Sherfield

I remember @NewEra getting pretty hot under the collar about Scott mocking Sherfield's outlook.   And really didn't like the Jake Kumerow comparisons.  "Poop" I think was the word.   

I haven’t seen Scott for a bit and yours he's overly negative but he took way too much criticism and has been right pretty often. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I didn't see Samuel there at all. Was it reported that he didn't participate?

He was there. #1.  What I noticed the most is all the guys reaching out and plucking the ball out of the air vs body catching.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He was there. #1.  What I noticed the most is all the guys reaching out and plucking the ball out of the air vs body catching.

Yep I noticed the same thing. hand catchers. Keon snatches that ball I love it. Samuel does too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Those videos of course don't show any drops by Coleman, but it's pretty clear the guy is a hands catcher.  Catches it like Kincaid.  

Yeah, he may be slow but seems to have really fast hands.  Snatches the ball out of the air.

4 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Y'all forgot Russell Copeland

Wasn't he the drummer for The Police?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

“I think sometimes people refer to them as 50-50 balls, but when you get guys with some size and are able to go properly judge and jump and catch a ball like that... it’d be great if we can turn them into 90/10 balls and just know that you know, having that supreme trust of putting us in a spot where he’s gonna get it and if he doesn’t, nobody is,” said Allen on the Bills’ desire to bolster the wide receiver room with more sizable targets.

Woof. We all know who that’s referring to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Wasn't he the drummer for The Police?

No, wrong Copeland, but it seems he became a televangelist...

Kenneth  Copeland   image.png.b96cb0912b9e7f71e1428a1d188f33b6.png

Edited by DrW
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Those videos of course don't show any drops by Coleman, but it's pretty clear the guy is a hands catcher.  Catches it like Kincaid.  

Drops have really been an issue the last couple years.

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the full McDermott quote on Claypool:

"Very impressed with Chase. Really just starting with his approach, here's a veteran receiver, former high pick, that has been on a journey, right, through the course of recently in his career. I applaud Chase for coming here to see where things go. He's very focused, he's working extremely hard day in and day out. And embracing not just the wide receiver role that he could play for us, but also the special teams role that he could play for us. You don't find that a lot around the NFL where a player has been at a certain level and then is on a mission right now to reclaim what he once was in that regard. And those are my words, maybe not fair to Chase, respectfully, but I would just say like very impressed with his day to day approach, true pro, high character, smart player, and he's been a good addition to our team."

This is extremely high praise from the normally tight lipped McDermott. No clue if it will translate on the field but it's a good sign.

In terms of a combination of physical traits, natural talent and past production I honestly see Claypool as the WR on the roster who has the most potential to step on the field Week 1 as a traditional Y/#1 WR.

The issue has never been those things I've mentioned. It's been whether he could get his head together and be trusted enough.

This really does seem like his last best chance. If he can't crack this WR group and get significant snaps with Josh Allen as his QB I think there is a very good chance he's on a UFL/CFL roster this time next year.

Here's hoping Beane got some diamonds in the rough.