OBJ To Miami

Just now, DCofNC said:

Back to hearing how Lamar has no weapons..

Real talk, Miami should be really good this year.

We said this last year. 

They’ll boat race bad teams again.  

Remains to be seen if their defense has enough to stop elite QB’s and if Tua can man up against good teams when the weather turns cold. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

When, in September?

Is Tua still their QB?

Explain to me how they are better than last year, when they lost to every good team they played and had 0 chance of winning a Superbowl....

I expect this from Stephen A Smith but a bills fan being worried about the Dolphins in the year 2024 is kind of mind boggling.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We said this last year. 

They’ll boat race bad teams again.  

Remains to be seen if their defense has enough to stop elite QB’s 

Fortunately for them, there's enough bad teams to carry them to the playoffs. It took an epic collapse at the end to lose the division last year. 

Even our own defense hasn't proven they can stop elite QBs either (especially not in the playoffs). That's why I've wanted the Bills to stop investing so many resources into D & go all in on just trying to overwhelm with offense. 

If we can't shut down (or even contain) Burrow or Mahomes in the playoffs, we need to be able to out gun them. Dolphins seem to think the same thing, only their QB isn't as good as ours.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Old Beckham Jr. why am I not worried about this? 

This is a very expensive 35 catches, 565 yards, and 3 TD's over 14 games. 

Maybe OBJ has one or two more 1k years left in him, but he is running on fumes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

He's gonna look even older and slower next to the penguin and the abuser. And unless he's Tua's first read on the play he's not getting the ball. I expect Beckham's dad to make one HECK of a "Tua cant play QB" video this year though. Should win an Emmy or something.

• Haha (+1) 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Fortunately for them, there's enough bad teams to carry them to the playoffs. It took an epic collapse at the end to lose the division last year. 

Even our own defense hasn't proven they can stop elite QBs either (especially not in the playoffs). That's why I've wanted the Bills to stop investing so many resources into D & go all in on just trying to overwhelm with offense. 

If we can't shut down (or even contain) Burrow or Mahomes in the playoffs, we need to be able to out gun them. Dolphins seem to think the same thing, only their QB isn't as good as ours.

McDermott’s best coaching job, imo, was shutting down that Miami offense in its prime after they scored on their first few drives. 

They can perform against Tua, Lamar types but yea.. I still have no confidence in them against Burrow or Mahomes when it matters. 

Only positive note I have is that it seems they recognize that and have swapped out coaches and took a guy like Solomon that goes against their traditional archetypes. 

Would also help if they could stay somewhat healthy going into those games. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'm more concerned about the Jets because I have no idea how Rodgers and their offense will be, plus their defense always gives the Bills some problems.

Same Dolphins, different year. They are the same team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Miami has had problems with teams that physically lineup and pound on them this doesn’t help with that. 
Dolphins really haven’t moved the needle to me one way or another this off season they are the AFC Dallas Cowboys. 
Can look flashy against poor teams…play a solid team and results usually go the other way.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Explain to me how they are better than last year, when they lost to every good team they played and had 0 chance of winning a Superbowl....

Not to mention that they lost a lot on defense.  Can OBJ play on the D line or at LB?

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Doesn’t matter who they sign, they’re still limited by Tua. Not to mention their defense is still sus after losing key players to FA. As long as Allen is in the division, the Dolphins will always have daddy issues