Beane: "This team is in transition"

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

A large chunk of the fanbase is still in denial.

Believe me, I went into the offseason with the same attitude.  Cut a few aging vets.  Make a few smart free agent signings.  Kill the draft.  Get some bargains post June as the cherry on top, and prepare for another AFC East title.  Hopefully more this time.  Other teams (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, San Francisco, etc.) seem to keep the ball rolling year after year after year.  Why can't we?  I laughed off all the media folks saying the window was closed, and the Bills would be rebuilding.

But I was wrong.  Without clearly saying it, Brandon Beane has sent the clear message we are NOT expecting a deep run this year.  This offseason absolutely is a total rebuild.  Every single move he's made screams that he's building for 2025, and I'm shocked that some people can't see it.

The Jets are winning the AFC East.  It won't be close.  And we may even get passed by Miami this year.

Or some of these young guys might surprise and we might get more from guys like Milano and Von Miller than some are expecting. We still have Josh and no one else in the AFCE has Josh. But yes, it's a rebuilding year.

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Believe me, I went into the offseason with the same attitude.  Cut a few aging vets.  Make a few smart free agent signings.  Kill the draft.  Get some bargains post June as the cherry on top, and prepare for another AFC East title.  Hopefully more this time.  Other teams (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, San Francisco, etc.) seem to keep the ball rolling year after year after year.  Why can't we?  I laughed off all the media folks saying the window was closed, and the Bills would be rebuilding.

But I was wrong.  Without clearly saying it, Brandon Beane has sent the clear message we are NOT expecting a deep run this year.  This offseason absolutely is a total rebuild.  Every single move he's made screams that he's building for 2025, and I'm shocked that some people can't see it.

Jets are winning the AFC East.  It won't beThe close.  And we may even get passed by Miami this year.

+200 my man. Bet the house. Let us know how it works out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

First off having the balls to let all the old guard go that he could, instead of trying to patch things up and put the bill on the credit card.

This is a joke right? 

The old guard aged themselves off the roster. Hyde and Poyer were old two years ago. Beane couldn’t secure a succession plan through the draft, necessitating a 2nd rounder at S to walk in and START. 

Beane gave Diggs the massive contract 2 years before his deal was up. He signed Von Miller. He literally CREATED the cap problems. 

Sure, Morse was getting older and that was a tough decision, but IOL is worse without him. Again, BECAUSE of Beane.

He accomplished trying to fix the roster he ***** up lmao

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Gross. Embarrassing. And done with complete and total job security. 

Any chance of canning Beane/McD and getting fresh life in 2025 died today.

As it should be unless we finish like 4-13 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is a joke right? 

The old guard aged themselves off the roster. Hyde and Poyer were old two years ago. Beane couldn’t secure a succession plan through the draft, necessitating a 2nd rounder at S to walk in and START. 

Beane gave Diggs the massive contract 2 years before his deal was up. He signed Von Miller. He literally CREATED the cap problems. 

Sure, Morse was getting older and that was a tough decision, but IOL is worse without him. Again, BECAUSE of Beane.

He accomplished trying to fix the roster he ***** up lmao

No, it's not a joke.  I won't change your mind, nor will I try.

Offensively, I don't think we see a big change. Diggs and Davis were complete non factors at the end of last season. We "might" actually be better on offense this year. I coukd see a drop on defense, but don't really care honestly. Defense does not win championships anymore. I want a good defense, but I want a better offense 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The Jets are winning the AFC East.  It won't be close.  And we may even get passed by Miami this year.

This is Josh Allen’s team now. Before we had other leaders on the team: Hyde, Poyer, Morse and Diggs, so on.. Problem was is that these guys are all making a lot of money and they’re on the wrong side of 30. Beane essentially drafted 10-11 young guys making $300k/yr to replace them with rather than paying expensive FAs $6M/yr to do the same job.

We have young, cheap depth for miles and miles now and our cap is well under control. I do think that we added some nice starting quality pieces as well, but only time will tell..

• Like (+1) 1

What I remember from the last time the Bills took the field…….a 3 point loss to the Super Bowl Champions.

The Bills were absolutely decimated on defense, playing players that had no business seeing the field.

And Latavius Murray of all players had better receiving stats than our 2 top wide receivers combined that won’t be here next season.(Davis didn’t play) 

And we lost by 3 points. A game they almost won.

How are we worse than the team that lost that game to the Chiefs? Because to be quite frank, I believe team we field this season will be much, much better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think the team will be just as good, if not better, than last year. Last year we had all the names, but they were all injured (Milano, White, Jones, etc.) or just lacking productivity for various reasons (Diggs, Davis, Miller, Poyer, Hyde, etc.).

So, on paper we are worse, but given that all those veterans were not contributing last year, we're actually better this year. I think much better.

So no, I'm not tempering my expectations or bracing for a down year. The Bills are going to contend for the AFC East and make the playoffs. They have as good of a shot this year of making the superbowl as last year, given the injuries and nuances that the team faced last year, including a mid-year coordinator change.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Offensively, I don't think we see a big change. Diggs and Davis were complete non factors at the end of last season. We "might" actually be better on offense this year. I coukd see a drop on defense, but don't really care honestly. Defense does not win championships anymore. I want a good defense, but I want a better offense 

Brady will be the wildcard for the offense this year.  We will see if he can scheme success with what he has to work with.

36 minutes ago, zevo said:

5th lowest odds according to the sports books. People on here continue to cry. Reality is they are still players for the Super Bowl 

Oh boy 

It's just not a Super Bowl caliber roster imo. It's going to almost certainly be weaker than the last couple yrs which weren't good enough either

We needed top talent to overcome the kind of middling offensive philosophy we've trotted out for the entirety of Allen's career here. Instead we punted on WR by trading back and getting the 8th best guy in a loaded class...tough for me to have legitimate SB aspirations for this squad rn and going by the draft Beane/McDermott feel the same way

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, julian said:

This roster hasn’t had the amount of blue chip players the other contenders have had the last four years, 2nd most wins in the league over that time, so it’s coaching or the QB and we all know it isn’t coaching carrying this team.

I really hope this “transition” is quick and successful or Allen will have people whom he trusts in his ear telling him to go somewhere that will lean into surrounding him with real talent to win a title.

And early exits each and every year. Regular season champions. Greeeaaattt.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I’m honestly ready for both McD and Beane to be gone. I don’t trust them to properly utilize all of the draft picks they have next year. This is going nowhere. It’s just being kept afloat by Josh Allen. 

I don't think this will be a popular opinion by many but I do see where you are coming from. I can easily see it from both sides. Yes they've brought us out of mediocrity but that's really it. If we had Daniel jones or "the right josh" they would be fired by now for sure. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1