Did we do enough at wide receiver?

Anyone who believes the WR is in better shape now than it was last season is lying to themselves.

That being said, a veteran Z WR add either by trade or signing feels needed. Even then it’s still sketchy unless it’s a big name.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Udubalum07 said:

Due to how we handled the draft, I'm thinking they may have some other plan for one more receiver spot. Maybe a trade or post June cuts.  We will see. There is still a lot of time before training camp. 

Yea it’s the only thing that makes sense, unlike Beane to leave a position so thin

2 minutes ago, Success said:

And?

And we have neither of those things. And they didn’t lose the Super Bowl to the Giants because they traded a 4th for Randy Moss. And, in summation, your point is really bad

44 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Shakir replaces diggs ?

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

Let’s see who will be more productive this year Shakir or Diggs , I can live without 3 receptions for 15 yards Diggs had in the biggest game of the year 

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Anyone who believes the WR is in better shape now than it was last season is lying to themselves.

That being said, a veteran Z WR add either by trade or signing feels needed. Even then it’s still sketchy unless it’s a big name.

It depends on what one thinks of Diggs the second half of last year.  He fell off a lot.

I expect a move when Tre’s $$ frees up after June 1.  There’s a lot of disgruntled veteran WRs out there.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

It depends on what one thinks of Diggs the second half of last year.  He fell off a lot.

I expect a move when Tre’s $$ frees up after June 1.  There’s a lot of disgruntled veteran WRs out there.

You aren’t wrong about Diggs, but he’s still a known quantity over a rookie who has never played an NFL snap. 

Post June 1 makes sense. If we pull off a blockbuster trade for an Aiyuk or similar, we instantly have one of the best WR cores in the NFL.

If we sign a Michael Thomas or similar, we’re definitely “good enough” in my eyes, but still behind where we should be.

Absolutely didn’t do enough. I think that the Bills inarguably have one of the 3 worst WR rooms in the NFL. It may be last. I’m not talking all pass catchers. When looking at just WR the Bills are somewhere between 29-32. Josh will need to be Superman again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And we have neither of those things. And they didn’t lose the Super Bowl to the Giants because they traded a 4th for Randy Moss. And, in summation, your point is really bad

Sure.  We can just pretend that Josh Allen isn't a generational, HOF QB so you can take your cheap shot.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane got a version of Kelvin Benjamin with work ethic and thinks that’s all he needs

If they didn’t go to the same school would you say this?  Come on. This is just really lazy. 

Beane is not done. Not a chance in the world. Not saying there will be a big splash trade, but this team will have another wr on the roster,  most likely after the Tre money comes into play 6/1. 

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

Let’s see who will be more productive this year Shakir or Diggs , I can live without 3 receptions for 15 yards Diggs had in the biggest game of the year 

Vegas has the O/U on yards for Diggs at 1050.  There’s no line for Shakir.  Do you think he exceeds that total?

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Nothing but questions after the first 4. Are you comfortable with this group for a super bowl run?

Cook can't catch a ball to save his life. Who knows if Coleman will have the 4.61 "blazing speed" to separate?  Pretty much Josh will have to feed Kincaid,  Samuel & Shakir all year.

Not even close. How the f do you trade Diggs and not have a plan? You only trade him if you’re ready to move up in draft or have a trade for a vet in the works. Otherwise keep him this year and let him play with your rookie. Trade or cut him the next year or even at the deadline. 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Shakir replaces diggs ?

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

Yeah, I mean how could Shakir ever replace Diggs performance against the Chiefs when we needed him the most? 3 catches for 21 yards and the biggest drop since Ronnie Harmon was here.

Diggs was just stellar down the stretch when the Bills put that winning streak together to get to the playoffs. We couldn’t have done that without his mediocre contributions.

Edited by Beast

Coleman was a nice addition but he’s still a rookie and not a “Blue Chip” top 5-10 pick either. So it’s going to be hard to expect him to have a huge impact. If they can get him to 70-80 targets and be efficient with those targets I think that’s a good scenario for him.

Shorter is coming in off his “red shirt” season he’s gonna have a chance to be the WR4 but you can’t expect much grand levels of production from him. Hollins is a nice Sherfield/Kumerow ST WR5 type guy.

Samuel is a nice slot receiver who can flex outside and Shakir is a really solid WR2 option whose also going to split slot and outside snaps. 

But are the Bills WR’s “good enough” I would say that they aren’t tragic esp with the addition of Coleman but there is a large concern they may be short on firepower. 

Going to have to see if they can get Kincaid and Shakir to take on bigger roles and see where it goes from there.