Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Is it just me, or are there fewer small school guys being picked in the draft this year?  Teams like Georgia and Washington have pretty much every starter drafted now.

Those smaller school guys are often able to transfer to bigger schools before they finish college football

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Samuel was middling bc he was injured and then stuck with Sam Howell and Jacoby Brisset. He’s an playmaker and an asset in this offense.

Cook and Kincaid are nobody’s?

Brady’s scheme and ball control style of offense wasn’t a difference maker despite going 6-1 down the stretch? K…

Nevermind Taylor Kelce is almost 50. If they had Bernard or Milano, or any LB who wasn’t the corpse of AJ Klein, the Chiefs are not repeat Champions.

The defense didn’t force a punt. The defense always falls short in the post season.

Sans the Bengals game, Josh always does his thing every playoff game, even when Stefon Diggs was nowhere to be found, ever…

So the casual fan’s take away, after Josh was again almost perfect in the post season despite Diggs being non existent, and the defense pooping the bed, again, was this team needs an elite receiver??? Show me the math on that one… 

The defense clearly needs to be an absolute unit, which is where I agree with you, Spags takes chicken ***** and makes chicken parmesan year in year out. But he’s done next to nothing to play a role in beating Josh, ever.  Chiefs are also 1-3 against the Bills in the regular season in that same time frame, so let’s not act like injuries on defense didn’t completely derail this team. Hopefully getting younger and faster at safety, adding to the DL, they can force a punt or two next year in the divisional round. Just have to avoid being snake bit at the worst possible time, i.e.- ALL of the linebackers getting hurt before playing the Chiefs…

Talking about the WR group guy. Look, you all can try to reason as to why we are fine, better, whatever. People can continue to pucker up for every Beane/McDermott selection. That's your choice. But I don't have to agree with your assessment. And I don't believe that our group overall is more talented than it was last year. I just don't. I also think we blew an opportunity to get a couple of WR's who could help replenish the cupboard, especially in THIS draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

As I learned a couple days ago, there is a record number of seniors and fewer underclass men in this years draft bc of the covid eligibility stuff combined with underclass men staying in due to NIL deals paying more than late round pick contracts… 🤷‍♂️ 

oh yeah I heard something about that but didnt know the specifics, thanks

We have traded back. Beane thinks this is a weak day 3. He is telling us that by his actions. He is right. But if he thought that was he not trying to get up into the 4th another time or two? Empty those other picks out..... what use are they if you think the rounds 5 through 7 talent sucks?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1