Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, Mango said:

Of all the predictions and picks so far for the Bills, the thing I most surprised by is that we are at pick 123 and the Bills have not packaged any picks to move up in the 4th yet. 

I'm not as surprised when considering the cost of trading up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Oh crappity crap crap, the Bears took my real draft crush: The Iowa punter 😍🤣

Way too many miles on him, and they don’t even know if he’s capable of holding for Extra Points.

Edited by Billl
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I want Rice from USC 

It will be really kind of bizarre having Jerry Rice's son on the team.

I dont know exactly why but it will just take some getting used to.

This is why the draft is boring. (I'm watching because it is currently snowing in Colorado!)

Nowadays everyone knows everything about everybody.

It's the classic efficient market. No more ridiculous overdrafts (except that punter who just went in the 4th). No real surprises. All pretty much according to rankings. Film on everyone available at a click.

• Agree 2

Just now, UKBillFan said:

I'm not as surprised when considering the cost of trading up.

Ya - im very surprised we appear to actually be executing this volume of late round picks.  Maybe we can move a couple for 4th rounders next year?  Doubtful.  but a lot of hope being put in the hands of 5th rounders.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Eagles have managed to win a Super Bowl, retool their roster, make splash move after splash move, and get to another SB with a different QB all in the same time as Josh, Diggs and Von while having an all-around more talented roster.

We are led by the Ghosts of the 2015 Panthers who want to have 9 DL depth players and force Josh to make magic happen throwing to Devin Funchess 2.0 and Ted Ginn Jr.

The expectations should be higher. Beane would be a goner the way he wastes top end picks if he didn’t knock the Josh pick out of the park

Facts!! The only reason Beane and McD still have jobs is because the Browns, Giants and Jets are dumb and passed on Allen.  

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Of all the predictions and picks so far for the Bills, the thing I most surprised by is that we are at pick 123 and the Bills have not packaged any picks to move up in the 4th yet. 

Either there isn't a player they covet, or they haven't been able to find a trade partner.  Beane said last night that they would consider moving up depending on how the draft fell.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I’m okay with fans or ex-players reading picks. It’s them getting up and making a damn speech or whatever that’s annoying. Just read the pick. I got stuff to do

Whether or not they read the picks faster doesn't move the draft along.

Networks have to squeeze every advertising dollar they can out of it.  Will end at the predetermined time.  The amount of commercials today so far has been gross.  So many....

1 minute ago, JROC INTEL said:

I'm ready to tell my grandchildren about this upcoming 5th round. 

It would be actually hilarious if these 5th round guys hit and we finally win the SB with one or two of them making plays for us in clutch situations.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Eagles have managed to win a Super Bowl, retool their roster, make splash move after splash move, and get to another SB with a different QB all in the same time as Josh, Diggs and Von while having an all-around more talented roster.

We are led by the Ghosts of the 2015 Panthers who want to have 9 DL depth players and force Josh to make magic happen throwing to Devin Funchess 2.0 and Ted Ginn Jr.

The expectations should be higher. Beane would be a goner the way he wastes top end picks if he didn’t knock the Josh pick out of the park

Some have discussed this once or twice in the past few off-seasons. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, QCity said:

I'm over with these fans announcing picks.

NFL shoving the international game down our throats more than girls flag football

• Haha (+1) 2

My hope for this pick:

1.  EDGE Javon Solomon

2. An interior OL

3. There are some excellent slot WRs in this bracket.  More than one.

4.  Also like short yardage pounding back Audric Estime

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1