Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

total disaster. Justin Shorter 2.0.  Can’t separate, most games under 70 yards.  Slow, tall.   Trying to recreate Kelvin Benjamin.  Awful.  And then the Lats took Polk, a much better WR.  Chargers took Ladd.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Heitz said:

This guy sucks can't separate and never makes plays. Other than the 85 catches on 87 targets 🤔 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

and double digit TDs. Yeah, he sucks. 🙄🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well...

I think Coleman will be fine... He's going to catch passes from Josh Allen... He's a very lucky young man... And he is very young...

But when I think of the word explosive, Coleman was not the name that came to mind immediately...

However... He'll likely start at X from day 1, and I definitely think he'll be better than Gabe. He's clearly an alpha on the field, and it sounds like he's a really good kid... Definitely a Billsy pick...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

Prolly could’ve picked him at the tail end of Rd2 if they liked him that much.  He’s about a couple cheeseburgers shy of running slower than Spencer Brown

With that being said, he could be a good red zone option

Edited by henry jones
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am kind of bummed.  The one guy I didn't think was any good, my team drafts.

Anybody but

Who gets an eff what you think?  Are you a pro scout?

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I am convinced that the people who hate this pick, don't really watch college football.  They watch highlights and read commentaries from non-NFL people to get their information.  

All they know is a 40 time and think everything revolves around that. This is a good pick. The Bills got the guy they wanted and also gained some compensation through trades.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah but a guy upthread said he sucks...and that guy probably knows since he is a poster on a message board.

The first three posts I read on here about him were “anyone but Coleman” so now he’s ruined for me. 😭 

2 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Prolly could’ve picked him at the tail end of Rd2 if they liked him that much.  He’s about a couple cheeseburgers shy of running slower than Spencer Brown

Don’t think so…pats more than likely would’ve taken him. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In 2023, Coleman totaled 50 catches of 658 yards and 11 touchdowns. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder has good size with quickness, athleticism, and excellent ball skills. In 2022 for Michigan State, he recorded 58 receptions for 798 yards and seven touchdowns while playing. Coleman opened the 2023 season, and his career as a Seminole, with a monster game of nine catches for 122 yards and three touchdowns versus LSU. Coleman also got the better of a future NFL corner in Wake Forest’s Caelen Carson in their matchup. Team sources have said Coleman moves well for a big wideout and presents size-mismatch problems. However, Coleman is slow and could have problems separating in the NFL. That could make him more of a No. 2 wideout as a pro.