Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I would have loved it. It would have been risky, but bold and aggressive.

We will see you back when Worthy sends us home in January for you to tell us “no one could predict he’d be good.”

He will be on IR in January unless he bulks up significantly.  

The NFL is a different beast then college ball. 

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He will be on IR in January unless he bulks up significantly.  

The NFL is a different beast then college ball. 

Just like Devonta Smith was gonna snap in half 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just like Tank Dell was gonna snap in half…..while run blocking 

17 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Seems like they go Dejean then trade up for one of the WR. If they go WR at #33, what's their plan for #60? Trade back again? 

I’m thinking it’s Dejean or Newton first, then trade up for WR and hope you don’t miss them.  

if we go WR, I think we could look to trade up for Jenkins or Fiske, whichever falls furthest, if at all

57 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Wait…why can’t he play corner in the nfl? Great athleticism and production in college. First team All-American, Big 10 Defensive Back of the Year.

image.thumb.jpeg.1975f54804747d0e491b4be3bf94dcc2.jpeg

Wanna bet he doesn’t play corner in the NFL?

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wanna bet he doesn’t play corner in the NFL?

If he gets drafted by the Bills he might not because we need a safety. But if he gets drafted by a team that needs a corner I can’t see why not. (I don’t bet)

1 hour ago, JohninMinn. said:

It's like pro wrestling. The Chiefs and Bills are really friends behind the scenes.

We need to assume the turncoat, heel role....kind of like the Hulkster when he joined the nWo.  I would jump Worthy, hit him with a chair, throw him through a table (very Billsy) and leg drop him when he gets off the plane in KC.

1 hour ago, Success said:

How did we help the Chiefs?

Allowed them to move up and take a player they actually wanted.   

yes, they may have still drafted him had they not traded up.  But, they may not have had that opportunity.  Clearly they thought there was a need to trade up to ensure they got him.   We made sure that could happen.    Is another later round pick really that great?   I guess time will tell. But at some point all these brilliant moves need to at least get us to the championship game.  

Just now, Dan said:

Allowed them to move up and take a player they actually wanted.   

yes, they may have still drafted him had they not traded up.  But, they may not have had that opportunity.  Clearly they thought there was a need to trade up to ensure they got him.   We made sure that could happen.    Is another later round pick really that great?   I guess time will tell. But at some point all these brilliant moves need to at least get us to the championship game.  

I think KC gave up capital that they didn't need to give up.  I don't think SF was taking Worthy.

We'll never know, of course.  But I don't see it as lending KC any kind of helping hand. If anything, they gave us a 3rd rounder for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I think KC gave up capital that they didn't need to give up.  I don't think SF was taking Worthy.

We'll never know, of course.  But I don't see it as lending KC any kind of helping hand. If anything, they gave us a 3rd rounder for nothing.

They possibly gave it up for nothing.  I agree.  But they may have lost the WR they wanted.  Agreed, we’ll never know now.  

Either way we allowed the team that kicks our ass in the playoffs every year to work their board the way they wanted.  

I don’t think worthy is quite the prospect Devonta smith was even if neither guy breaks in half lol. He doesn’t have the same release ability and isn’t gonna be as good catching balls in traffic 

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

They possibly gave it up for nothing.  I agree.  But they may have lost the WR they wanted.  Agreed, we’ll never know now.  

Either way we allowed the team that kicks our ass in the playoffs every year to work their board the way they wanted.  

I mean it’s easy to play the what if game in either direction right now lol. Beane finds gems in the day 2 range and they gifted us an earlier pick there.  I think these knee jerk reactions are just mahomes trade spillover honestly, if anyone got played it’s probably the chiefs. 

‘kicks our ass’ is a bit of a stretch haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

You literally cannot compare the slim reaper with worthy LOL 

One was a dominant sec player who put up record-breaking numbers winning the Heisman .. is as smooth as they come 

The other is a glorified track star with suspect hands..  who is 163 lb soaking wet

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep hearing the from the guys here in DFW, specifically Bryan Broaddus and his crew....that Jackson Powers Johnson has both a medical red flag and then an off the field red flag causing him to be taken off of some teams boards.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

Tom Pollesero on NFL network says right now he believes the Bills stick and pick at 33

Agree, unless a couple of teams have a 1st round grade on a player they really want, and some kind of bidding war starts.

Beane makes the pick or trades for a very favorable deal.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You literally cannot compare the slim reaper with worthy LOL 

One was a dominant sec player who put up record-breaking numbers winning the Heisman .. is as smooth as they come 

The other is a glorified track star with suspect hands..  who is 163 lb soaking wet

Yeah yeah and all we heard was that Devonta’s frame was gonna keep him out of the top ten and he wasn’t gonna be able to stay healthy lol

• Like (+1) 1