NFL draft rumors 2024

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

200.gif?cid=60e32e67v885cctcl1bk9mqr9lwl

I used to watch ESPN to listen to Mel and Mcshay go back and forth for weeks before the draft.  I can't find them anywhere.  ESPN barely dedicates more than 15 mins a day to the NFL draft right now.  Even NFL network has ran out of things to talk about with the draft.  There was so much momentum with free agency, then the combine, the pro days.  These things have been done for weeks now.  

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I used to watch ESPN to listen to Mel and Mcshay go back and forth for weeks before the draft.  I can't find them anywhere.  ESPN barely dedicates more than 15 mins a day to the NFL draft right now.  Even NFL network has ran out of things to talk about with the draft.  There was so much momentum with free agency, then the combine, the pro days.  These things have been done for weeks now.  

McShay got laid off in the ESPN purging earlier this year. I think that this draft is a bit boring because there is no drama at the top. Also, now that ESPN has both the NBA and the NHL, they are fully into promoting the playoffs of those leagues.

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I used to watch espn too….when it wasn’t terrible.  Now I skim YouTube and watch what I choose to watch as opposed to what one channel is force feeding me.  There are plenty of YT channels worth watching with regards to the draft/prospect information. This time of year I usually dive deeper into the later round prospects 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

McShay got laid off in the ESPN purging earlier this year. I think that this draft is a bit boring because there is no drama at the top. Also, now that ESPN has both the NBA and the NHL, they are fully into promoting the playoffs of those leagues.

That was my first point, get the draft done before these two leagues start the playoffs.  I even felt the press conference from Beane yesterday and a tone of, lets just move on already.  I just can't believe players are back in the building already for work outs for the next season, and the draft hasn't even happened yet for the season.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I used to watch espn too….when it wasn’t terrible.  Now I skim YouTube and watch what I choose to watch as opposed to what one channel is force feeding me.  There are plenty of YT channels worth watching with regards to the draft/prospect information. This time of year I usually dive deeper into the later round prospects 

There is a lot of garbage on youtube too.  Every person that watches a highlight video is now a draft expert.  I watch the ten min videos on each WRs that underdog NFL draft has.  I like those.  Then you have these videos that are like over an hour and a half, no idea why anyone would think that is a good idea to put that on youtube in one video.  No one has time to sit there and sit through a couple dudes talking about prospects for over 90 mins.  I watched one video of Steve Smith and realized what a hack he is.  He barely even knew who these prospects were.  He acted like he was some scout, yet you could clearly see that he watched 10 mins on each player and made an assertation on the player.  Simms just does things for attention, much like Steve Smith, he really doesn't put the hours into evaluating before opening his mouth.

34 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It’s on still but it’s on NFL Network with Kiper and Field Yates now. Path to the Draft 

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

That was my first point, get the draft done before these two leagues start the playoffs.  I even felt the press conference from Beane yesterday and a tone of, lets just move on already.  I just can't believe players are back in the building already for work outs for the next season, and the draft hasn't even happened yet for the season.

They try to fill up as much of the space between the Super Bowl and the start of Training Camp as they can. It goes:

• Televised combine
  • Pro days
  • Top 30 visits (results in rumors to be discussed)
  • Draft
  • Schedule release
  • Rookie Mini Camp
  • Mini Camp
  • Training Camp

The only gap is June to mid July. Other than during that period, the NFL dominates the national sports discussion. 

The NBA does this too. They have their draft right after the season ends, but then they have televised Summer League games where fans get their first glimpses of the newly-drafted players as pros. Then training camps open in September. The only gap is August. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

There is a lot of garbage on youtube too.  Every person that watches a highlight video is now a draft expert.  I watch the ten min videos on each WRs that underdog NFL draft has.  I like those.  Then you have these videos that are like over an hour and a half, no idea why anyone would think that is a good idea to put that on youtube in one video.  No one has time to sit there and sit through a couple dudes talking about prospects for over 90 mins.  I watched one video of Steve Smith and realized what a hack he is.  He barely even knew who these prospects were.  He acted like he was some scout, yet you could clearly see that he watched 10 mins on each player and made an assertation on the player.  Simms just does things for attention, much like Steve Smith, he really doesn't put the hours into evaluating before opening his mouth.

Yeah there’s lots of garbage everywhere, no doubt.  That’s why you pick what you like.  

Can’t stand Smith on tv but his WR breakdowns offer some insight.  He knows more about the position than most.  He understands pacing and the nuances of running routes that most YTers don’t understand.   You’re right, I don’t think he watches a ton of tape-  probably just highlights.  Simms, meh.  He says it how he sees it, which is a usually much different than most.  I think he watches some tape.

I really enjoy the Bootleg guys.  They grind tons of tape.  Good and bad.  Brugler is my favorite-  there’s a lot more Brugler content on YT this year. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah there’s lots of garbage everywhere, no doubt.  That’s why you pick what you like.  

Can’t stand Smith on tv but his WR breakdowns offer some insight.  He knows more about the position than most.  He understands pacing and the nuances of running routes that most YTers don’t understand.   You’re right, I don’t think he watches a ton of tape-  probably just highlights.  Simms, meh.  He says it how he sees it, which is a usually much different than most.  I think he watches some tape.

I really enjoy the Bootleg guys.  They grind tons of tape.  Good and bad.  Brugler is my favorite-  there’s a lot more Brugler content on YT this year. 

I tried to watch the bootleg WR video, but watching three guys talk on zoom for hour and 45 mins is too much for me.  I need some highlights or some player video.  They should have broke it up into segments and uploaded individual videos.  I watch youtube on my tv while working out.  Its a pain to have to skip around on a tv.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

I tried to watch the bootleg WR video, but watching three guys talk on zoom for hour and 45 mins is too much for me.  I need some highlights or some player video.  They should have broke it up into segments and uploaded individual videos.  I watch youtube on my tv while working out.  Its a pain to have to skip around on a tv.

Different strokes for different folks.  I usually just listen to it as I do other things

Just now, TOboy said:

I’m not following? What does that mean?

Either via trade or moving way up.

That guy has shown he has a legit source on a few things previously. Recently mentioned Bills had done extensive medical work on Blackmon the day before it was announced he was here for a visit

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Either via trade or moving way up.

That guy has shown he has a legit source on a few things previously. Recently mentioned Bills had done extensive medical work on Blackmon the day before it was announced he was here for a visit

He's right on some things and very wrong on others. I at least will look but I don't take everything that account says as gospel either.

• Agree 1

I am not a big Jefferson fan, although perhaps I’d become one if we were to trade for him.

Wonder what the cost would be.  
My guess:

28, 2025 1st & 2nd

A sign & trade would actually make sense and acquiring team may then be able to spread the cap hit.

Personally, I’d rather use those picks for a top 3 in this draft

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He's right on some things and very wrong on others. I at least will look but I don't take everything that account says as gospel either.

fair enough! He clearly hears things from someone in the organization. He had a cryptic tweet right before it was reported about Arik Armstead and Jags paid more 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

AB is a clown, but he nailed the Diggs trade to Houston and tripled down on it 2 weeks before it happened

What an amazing prediction to make just as we're entering the week of the draft.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:29 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Keon Coleman is hot garbage. Super slow, can't release. Maybe as a 3rd or 4th rounder you get him to be an end zone threat type of guy.

Perfect fit for McBeane. They used to love these types of guys back at Band Camp in Carolina. They drafted big slows like Benjamin and Funchness. Maybe there feeling nostalgic during the draft. 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone missed Diggs cryptic tweets, you can satiate that empty void by directing yourself on over to Rasul Douglas social media. 

Less toxic, but same great randomness. 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If anyone missed Diggs cryptic tweets, you can satiate that empty void by directing yourself on over to Rasul Douglas social media. 

He just saw the commercial for that new Wendy's Cinnabon pull apart. Guarantee it.

• Haha (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Perfect fit for McBeane. They used to love these types of guys back at Band Camp in Carolina. They drafted big slows like Benjamin and Funchness. Maybe there feeling nostalgic during the draft. 😂 

It was how they started here too. Trading for Jordan Matthews (who is still in the league as a reserve tight end for the Panthers apparently) and Benjamin. I think Daboll managed to convince them that Josh needed separators not big slow guys and they have largely gone for either route runners or speedier types since. 

But Beane has followed Carolina drafting trends a fair amount. Just hope he doesn't this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Big slows might be my favorite new phrase. Incredible

Edited by FireChans

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Rasul Douglas hasn’t forced his way off two teams publicly by stirring ***** up. it doesn’t have the same impact.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DK Metcalf please and thank you

Hear me out…

Pats are on the clock at #3, with Drake Maye being the top QB available. Let’s say hypothetically the Vikings are obsessed with Maye and want him at any cost.

Vikings and Bills have a deal prearranged where we send them our first this year, next year and our 2nd round pick next year for Jefferson and a draft pick (maybe a 3rd this year).

The Vikings send 11, 23, and next year’s Bills 1st to move up and get their guy (pricier than the draft chart, but they pay a premium to get a QB). They still have 28 to take a WR to backfill Jefferson.

(not a rumor, just my own delusion)

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 4/17/2024 at 5:24 PM, Dr. Who said:

You're definitely trading up from #60 if you want Legette. It will cost you a 2025 2nd, probably. Maybe Polk is there if you wait. #60 is not a great spot in the draft.

I've got serious DK Metcalf FOMO on him right now. Much prefer we take someone more polished rd1, then go up and snag him rd2

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I've got serious DK Metcalf FOMO on him right now. Much prefer we take someone more polished rd1, then go up and snag him rd2

Anything is possible, but his cap hit is 24M this year.  If they trade him, it’s 36M

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Anything is possible, but his cap hit is 24M this year.  If they trade him, it’s 36M

Maybe I misinterpreted, but I think he means Legette reminds him of Metcalf, and we should trade up from 60 to get him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What an amazing prediction to make just as we're entering the week of the draft.

He had Diggs to Houston 2 weeks before it happened and made multiple posts about it. It’s AB. Former NFL player who obviously has connections.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Maybe beane struck a deal with the Vikings for Jefferson?

I’d rather go get MHJ to be honest. I’m not as high on Jefferson as most for whatever reason. Although he’s still 24 so that’s a plus

The CTESPN thing is a rumor of Herbert to the Vikings

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

& LAC would likely have both Vikings 1sts

I can see Harbaugh doing it. Herbert puts up stats, hasn’t led the team anywhere

Is he going to draft McCarthy? That would be kinda crazy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2