Do you think Allen feels relief after the Diggs trade?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I hope so, for Shakir.  In his rookie year, I thought he was struggling to release off the line and to run crisp routes with quick changes of direction.  In contrast, I was blown away watching him last season - big improvement, and no reason to think he'll stop.

You may have been thinking of Diggs in last year's playoffs vs. Cincinnati,  in which he was 4 of 10?

The take-home for me, would be that didn't strike either of us as an outlandish stat to attribute to Diggs in a playoff game.

I liked Diggs’s fire and he set the tone for physical  dominance that was passed on to the Beasleys, Davis’s and McKenzies to an extent. Unfortunately after he was diminished in the game plan he sulked even in wins. He wasn’t worth the enormous contract. His attitude which he shares with his brother is not good when the team faces challenges.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, as long as they keep winning 10+ games a year when it doesn't matter, that isn't going to happen. McBeane is here for the forseeable future, and Josh will just keep getting older. When Josh retires in 5-10 years with zero rings (maybe even zero appearances), we can all bemoan how it was too bad he didn't have an elite defense that could stop Mahomes.

JA is the one player on the whole team that could make the difference himself. If he doesn't want to, that's fine, but he's actively choosing not to.

If you can spare the time from composing the above, did you happen to have an answer to this query?

We note that you're moving far along beyond any claim to facts/stats to your personal surmise about what Josh wants or what Josh is choosing.

News flash: you have no clue on these points. 

Neither do (most) of the rest of us, but most of the rest of us aren't projecting our opinions about it.

28 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I liked Diggs’s fire and he set the tone for physical  dominance that was passed on to the Beasleys, Davis’s and McKenzies to an extent. Unfortunately after he was diminished in the game plan he sulked even in wins. He wasn’t worth the enormous contract. His attitude which he shares with his brother is not good when the team faces challenges.

I watched Josh's presser.

He started out being asked about all the moves that had been made, and he talked about losing a lot of veteran leadership "Stef being one of them".  I thought that set a good context of Stef being only one of the losses, not necessarily the most important or serious even.

He said he texted Stef "thanking him for everything he did for me and always have a spot in my heart for him and love that guy like a brother and wish him nothing but the best".  Later in the press conference, Wawrow I think it was talked about fun vignettes with Stef and then Stef yelling at him and asked what would be Allen's lasting memory of Stef here in Buffalo?  Josh obviously had a well-thought-out well-crafted reply: "my lasting memory of Stef will be the receiver who helped me become the QB that I am today, and I'll always thank him for that".

I thought that was a great "high road" to take, and I hope that puts a cork in it as far as the Buffalo media is concerned (fat chance, I guess)

I also wondered if Stef has been asked about Josh and what he's had to say about it?  (But not enough to hunt down his interviews since the trade and listen).  Rightly or wrongly, I have the impression that Stef is a guy who sees the speck in his brother's eye far more clearly than the log in his own.  I think the same could be said by Stef of Josh, that Josh made him the receiver he is today as much as he made Josh the QB that he is today - and I wondered if Stef would see it that way.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I watched Josh's presser.

He started out being asked about all the moves that had been made, and he talked about losing a lot of veteran leadership "Stef being one of them".  I thought that set a good context of Stef being only one of the losses, not necessarily the most important or serious even.

He said he texted Stef "thanking him for everything he did for me and always have a spot in my heart for him and love that guy like a brother and wish him nothing but the best".  Later in the press conference, Wawrow I think it was talked about fun vignettes with Stef and then Stef yelling at him and asked what would be Allen's lasting memory of Stef here in Buffalo?  Josh obviously had a well-thought-out well-crafted reply: "my lasting memory of Stef will be the receiver who helped me become the QB that I am today, and I'll always thank him for that".

I thought that was a great "high road" to take, and I hope that puts a cork in it as far as the Buffalo media is concerned (fat chance, I guess)

I also wondered if Stef has been asked about Josh and what he's had to say about it?  (But not enough to hunt down his interviews since the trade and listen).  Rightly or wrongly, I have the impression that Stef is a guy who sees the speck in his brother's eye far more clearly than the log in his own.  I think the same could be said by Stef of Josh, that Josh made him the receiver he is today as much as he made Josh the QB that he is today - and I wondered if Stef would see it that way.

You’ve got great investigative instincts. It’s incredible how much information is available without much effort.  Josh always takes the high road and that defines his leadership skills. Diggs was instrumental in putting Josh and the Bills on the map. When his skills set diminished with wear and tear his contract and provocative outbursts made him expendable. We thank him for his efforts and wish him well. I wish his sentiments towards the fanbase were as magnanimous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

You’ve got great investigative instincts. It’s incredible how much information is available without much effort.  Josh always takes the high road and that defines his leadership skills. Diggs was instrumental in putting Josh and the Bills on the map. When his skills set diminished with wear and tear his contract and provocative outbursts made him expendable. We thank him for his efforts and wish him well. I wish his sentiments towards the fanbase were as magnanimous.

I mean, some of the responses Bills fans have made in response to Stef on social media do remind me of a saying we used to have about our family:

"You can dress them up, and you can take them out to dinner....but then you kind of want to leave them there."  They weren't pretty, let's call it straight.

I heard what Joe Buscaglia had to say about how intelligent and self-aware Stefon Diggs was, and I'm sure when it comes to general intelligence and so forth Buscaglia is right.  But I just can't see Diggs as very self-aware or having high "emotional intelligence" overall - more as someone who has charisma and can create a feeling of connection with someone else *when he wants to*, but it's not bone-deep genuine for most people.

An example of why I think that would be a tweet Diggs made at the end of the 2022 Blizzard, when it was known that there were over 40 deaths attributed to the blizzard.  At that time, continued restricted travel and closed businesses meant many people weren't able to get out and get needed supplies for their children or get needed care for their elders; and hardships would continue due to lost wages from blizzard-induced closures.  Diggs tweeted something about how he was having to cook for himself, "0 of 5 stars do not recommend".   It was mildly humorous and probably intended to be entertaining, but in context it came across tone-deaf and self-absorbed.  A handful of other small things like that.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, some of the responses Bills fans have made in response to Stef on social media do remind me of a saying we used to have about our family:

"You can dress them up, and you can take them out to dinner....but then you kind of want to leave them there."  They weren't pretty, let's call it straight.

I heard what Joe Buscaglia had to say about how intelligent and self-aware Stefon Diggs was, and I'm sure when it comes to general intelligence and so forth Buscaglia is right.  But I just can't see Diggs as very self-aware or having high "emotional intelligence" overall - more as someone who has charisma and can create a feeling of connection with someone else *when he wants to*, but it's not bone-deep genuine for most people.

An example of why I think that would be a tweet Diggs made at the end of the 2022 Blizzard, when it was known that there were over 40 deaths attributed to the blizzard.  At that time, continued restricted travel and closed businesses meant many people weren't able to get out and get needed supplies for their children or get needed care for their elders; and hardships would continue due to lost wages from blizzard-induced closures.  Diggs tweeted something about how he was having to cook for himself, "0 of 5 stars do not recommend".   It was mildly humorous and probably intended to be entertaining, but in context it came across tone-deaf and self-absorbed.  A handful of other small things like that.

Good read, you should have a sports blog. Sometimes you find some talent on these forums.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Well, as long as they keep winning 10+ games a year when it doesn't matter, that isn't going to happen. McBeane is here for the forseeable future, and Josh will just keep getting older. When Josh retires in 5-10 years with zero rings (maybe even zero appearances), we can all bemoan how it was too bad he didn't have an elite defense that could stop Mahomes.

JA is the one player on the whole team that could make the difference himself. If he doesn't want to, that's fine, but he's actively choosing not to.

That’s crazy.. with all due respect. I’m going to put the blame where it belongs, with the management and coaching who continue to be a major letdown in the postseason and ultimately with the ownership who don’t have the balls to change course because as you say, Allen is pretty much a guaranteed double digit playoff team every year. 

IMHO.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If you can spare the time from composing the above, did you happen to have an answer to this query?

We note that you're moving far along beyond any claim to facts/stats to your personal surmise about what Josh wants or what Josh is choosing.

News flash: you have no clue on these points. 

Neither do (most) of the rest of us, but most of the rest of us aren't projecting our opinions about it.

Why should I waste any more of my time? For years I've given you nothing but well researched and well thought out replies that result in little more than you throwing "nuh-uh" into ChatGPT and posting the responses. You come into threads with your mind firmly locked into place and no amount of reason or evidence could ever sway you to move from it and you certainly won't meet me anywhere near halfway when it comes to the effort you put into the conversation. There's no value in trying to debate a person like that. It's intellectual dishonesty.

13 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Rallied the troops? The troops were flat as pancakes from the start. They were pushed around by a team that came to play.  Josh was crushed by the idea of losing at the end of the game. He is the heart and soul of the team. Diggs is a me first jerk who loves to blame others. His talent has diminished and now the Bills and the fanbase is the problem. Don’t let the door hit you in the Fanny.

Rallied the Troops was meant to reflect the the season while under Dorsey

he seemed distant or aloof

20 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Answer to the OP. Hugely relieved on the inside, and excited for the new challenge on the outside. He’s thrilled. He knows Diggs wa’n’t all that and he can lead this team to greatness with his guys now. 

No you didn’t. And now I have to

Wow that takes me back  thanks

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair , you carry bias.

I sure mean we All do. Me especially lol i am just awful and poster child

I think Steph lacks emotional discipline considering his audience ?

But he is probably honest in the moment and careless when making funny
  best wishes Mr Diggs

next

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why should I waste any more of my time? For years I've given you nothing but well researched and well thought out replies that result in little more than you throwing "nuh-uh" into ChatGPT and posting the responses. You come into threads with your mind firmly locked into place and no amount of reason or evidence could ever sway you to move from it and you certainly won't meet me anywhere near halfway when it comes to the effort you put into the conversation. There's no value in trying to debate a person like that. It's intellectual dishonesty.

This is really rich.

You stated to someone else [edit: @ToGoGo]  "You can try to attack my character, but that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments. The difference between me and people like you is that I back up my arguments. Do you even watch the Bills? Josh peaked in 2020 if you've been watching the games, and the stats back it up."

Do you even listen to yourself?  You are asked to explain what, in particular, of the pro-football-reference Josh Allen stats you posted show he peaked in 2020 and hasn't developed since then?  And you respond by what....attacking my character!!!!

We will all note that you have categorically refused to explain exactly what it is about the pro-football-reference stats you posted that shows Allen peaked in 2020 and has not developed or improved since then.  This puts your statements in the realm of dogma.

It's also pretty clear that when someone resorts to the ad-hominem (attacking me, calling me intellectually dishonest) instead of actually providing information, they aren't actually depending on stats and facts to back up their argument - to quote you "that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments".

I'm not going to defend my posting style or responses, I think the amount of actual research I put into posts here and my willingness to both acknowledge correction AND other people's valid counter points is well established and speak for themselves.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

You know, I have NEVER seen a good post out of you. And that’s impressive considering how much you post. 

Something doesn’t feel right. Are you a Jets or Pats fan? You have that attitude. 

Edit: or maybe a burner account of somebody antagonistic toward the team or Allen? 

I've said this three times now - this dude suddenly decided to go full heel the exact moment that Airseven disappeared shortly after last season ended. Either it's the same dork or Bull's running with the fact that his primary competition is gone

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

at least not if it cuts into his golfing time or chasing hollywood starlets.

It's always the snide little comments like this that give the whole game away.

He's had a single serious relationship that's still active with one actress, and now he's "chasing tail" and "young hollywood starlets", plural.

It's flat out Savior Edwards/ Airseven territory. Just completely unnecessary digs. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly don't think that the Bills do this without Allen give it a thumbs up. 

Oh, absolutely.

Relief? I'd guess mild relief mixed with knowing that things will get tougher, at least for a while, without having him on the field.

10 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Yeah, Allen is really great with the media, really really good.

I believe I remember that when he was a kid his father would pretend to be a reporter and interview Josh and his brother to get them used to this.

I suspect that's a good deal of the reason he's so good.

Edited by Thurman#1

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can try to attack my character, but that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments. The difference between me and people like you is that I back up my arguments. Do you even watch the Bills? Josh peaked in 2020 if you've been watching the games, and the stats back it up.

image.png

Mahomes best season was in 2018. He hasn't meaningfully improved since then. He's only declined since 2018.

See how weak that statement about Josh is?

Lamar Jackson peaked in 2019

Joe Burrow peaked in 2021

wHaT iS WroNg WiTh ThEsE Qb'S!!!!???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh on Steph's exit:

"I shared a text with him and got one back, and just thanking him for everything that he did for me and always have a spot in my heart for him. And I'll always love that guy like a brother. And I wish him nothing but the best."

This, to me, is very, very telling.

Josh does take the classy high road and claims he will always "love that guy like a brother"...

But... he merely texted Steph to say thanks, goodbye and all the best. No phone call. No get-together, just a text. The choice of a text to say goodbye speaks volumes to me as to how they are no longer (were they ever?) really close. 

And Josh's follow-up comments on being a better leader are also telling:

"I think it's an opportunity for myself to grow as a leader. And to bring along some of these young guys and new guys that we've brought into our team. And that's an opportunity, frankly, that I'm very excited about. It's something that's going to be very challenging, but I'm very willing to do it."

I personally believed Steph assumed the alpha role on the team's offense and Josh deferred to Steph. It was my hope that with Steph gone that Josh could then take the alpha role and it looks like that's his plan. I think this aspect of the trade will be a huge element in our success going forward — Josh will take no ***** from any WR and he will be the one barking orders and telling other players what to do, how it is. He will no longer feel compelled to ensure a high number of targets to a player who feels "senior" to him.

I guarantee you we will never again see another player yelling at Josh during a game and Josh looking away like a scolded child. Never. And I believe we will spread the ball around a lot more going forward, and this is a good thing. 

Part of if is just maturation but I honestly thought Josh was too deferential to Steph in the past. Josh being the leader on offense will be huge for him and this team.

• Like (+1) 4

Do you think Allen feels relief after the Diggs trade?

YES ! absolutely

like walking on eggshells with diggs around.

now josh is the undisputed leader and voice on offense. not to mention he can truly spread the ball around and take what the defense is giving without fear of angering diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:37 PM, fan_in_tx said:

This being the case will Diggs help or hurt CJ once the ball starts going somewhere else?

To me, I don't think it will be an issue. Think of when he joined the Bills from the Vikings. There was a solid 2 year honeymoon period. My guess is that his issues are less about touches than they are about winning and him contribution to winning. All this to say, if the Texans are successful, and it looks promising, I don't see a problem. 

Also, by the time the honeymoon period wears off, Diggs will be an over the hill 32-33 . If he doesn't adjust his attitude/expectations, Houston can simply cut him then. 

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I get a kick out of watching grown men argue on a sports team message board. 

Josh absolutely has the vibe and tone of a relieved individual. 

Relieved? I read on this message board today that Josh Allen is about to demand a trade to the Rams after the 2025 season due to the details of his contract and his hatred of Sean McDermott. Josh Allen has never given any indication of being unhappy playing in Buffalo and he went to bat for McDermott, but that doesn't stop fans from speculating that he hates it there. But Bills fans are a unique bunch. They play out every scenario, identify the worst possible outcome, and then convince themselves that the worst outcome is inevitable.  I think that most of it is an inferiority complex derived from living in WNY, but it rubs off on fans who have never lived a day of their life in Buffalo. I think that we are unique in this. Nobody in Green Bay (a city much smaller and more isolated than Buffalo) is discussing Jordan Love's coming trade demand to the Niners and no one in Cincinnati is playing out Joe Burrow trade demand scenarios to Miami if the Bengals don't win a super bowl in the next few years. And that's with Jordan Love being from Bakersfield and Joe Burrow having said that Cincinnati is "boring." 

FWIW, I'm still pissed off at Diggs for this stunt, Beane for giving in to his demands, and the entire Bills organization for allowing it to get to that point. Josh needs to learn how to deal with diva WRs because all of the great ones act like that. So if he's relieved, he better not get too comfortable because if whoever we draft becomes as good as Diggs, he will start acting like a diva. It's only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Relieved? I read on this message board today that Josh Allen is about to demand a trade to the Rams after the 2025 season due to the details of his contract and his hatred of Sean McDermott. Josh Allen has never given any indication of being unhappy playing in Buffalo and he went to bat for McDermott, but that doesn't stop fans from speculating that he hates it there. But Bills fans are a unique bunch. They play out every scenario, identify the worst possible outcome, and then convince themselves that the worst outcome is inevitable.  I think that most of it is an inferiority complex derived from living in WNY, but it rubs off on fans who have never lived a day of their life in Buffalo. I think that we are unique in this. Nobody in Green Bay (a city much smaller and more isolated than Buffalo) is discussing Jordan Love's coming trade demand to the Niners and no one in Cincinnati is playing out Joe Burrow trade demand scenarios to Miami if the Bengals don't win a super bowl in the next few years. And that's with Jordan Love being from Bakersfield and Joe Burrow having said that Cincinnati is "boring." 

FWIW, I'm still pissed off at Diggs for this stunt, Beane for giving in to his demands, and the entire Bills organization for allowing it to get to that point. Josh needs to learn how to deal with diva WRs because all of the great ones act like that. So if he's relieved, he better not get too comfortable because if whoever we draft becomes as good as Diggs, he will start acting like a diva. It's only a matter of time. 

Ok, let’s list great WRs that were/are not divas.  I got nothing.

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

Ok, let’s list great WRs that were/are not divas.  I got nothing.

That's my point. If you want great WRs, you have to put up with the behavior and Josh has to learn how to manage that. It's part of his job. I mean, MHJ and Nabers have already started acting like they are too good for the draft process and that they have to make "business decisions" and that's before even being drafted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Mahomes best season was in 2018. He hasn't meaningfully improved since then. He's only declined since 2018.

See how weak that statement about Josh is?

Lamar Jackson peaked in 2019

Joe Burrow peaked in 2021

wHaT iS WroNg WiTh ThEsE Qb'S!!!!???

Lamar won an MVP and 1st team all pro and a playoff game since then.
Mahomes has won an MVP and a 1st team all pro, gone to 5 straight AFC Championships, nabbed a 1st team all pro, 4 Super Bowls and nabbed 3 rings since then.

Happy to help.

15 hours ago, Nelius said:

I've said this three times now - this dude suddenly decided to go full heel the exact moment that Airseven disappeared shortly after last season ended. Either it's the same dork or Bull's running with the fact that his primary competition is gone

Again, because you don't want to talk facts, it comes back to attacks on my character and being some sort of double agent ignoring the fact I've had the same account on here and BBMB before it for over 20 years.

I could only possibly be considered a "heel" in a place where groupthink is so out of control that supporting a (very common perspective outside these boards) that our team needs significant improvement, has gotten worse this offseason, and that our QB is not christ risen - is somehow a controversial statement.

Do you guys seriously not engage with football news or commentary outside these boards? The fact that Allen has poor judgement is literally a meme. It's not some invention of mine designed to get a rise out of you. It's not enough for me to say he's one of the top QBs in football, he has to be #1, all the time, best there is best there was best the ever will be despite the facts or i'm some troll/hater/pats fan.

for what it's worth, I've never even heard of you guys.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:54 AM, BullBuchanan said:

It's "cherry picked to say he had a worse TD-int ratio, less yards, less YPG, less passing TDs, More INTs worse passer rating, worse QBR in every season since 2020?

I think they call that picking the whole tree my man. I'm not saying he's bad, by any stretch. He's still an elite top 2-4 QB. I'm just saying there's extremely little to show that he's actively getting better each year.

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

This is really rich.

You stated to someone else [edit: @ToGoGo]  "You can try to attack my character, but that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments. The difference between me and people like you is that I back up my arguments. Do you even watch the Bills? Josh peaked in 2020 if you've been watching the games, and the stats back it up."

Do you even listen to yourself?  You are asked to explain what, in particular, of the pro-football-reference Josh Allen stats you posted show he peaked in 2020 and hasn't developed since then?  And you respond by what....attacking my character!!!!

We will all note that you have categorically refused to explain exactly what it is about the pro-football-reference stats you posted that shows Allen peaked in 2020 and has not developed or improved since then.  This puts your statements in the realm of dogma.

It's also pretty clear that when someone resorts to the ad-hominem (attacking me, calling me intellectually dishonest) instead of actually providing information, they aren't actually depending on stats and facts to back up their argument - to quote you "that just makes it clear you've run out of arguments".

I'm not going to defend my posting style or responses, I think the amount of actual research I put into posts here and my willingness to both acknowledge correction AND other people's valid counter points is well established and speak for themselves.

I already answered it above.
I honestly didn't think it needed explaining that he's yet to top his statistical performance of any stat since 2020.

Unrelated to his PFR stats:
Did it need explaining that he's never been in a championship game since?
Did it need explaining that he's never gotten closer to beating KC in the playoffs?
Did it needed reminding that in 2022 he mostly regressed after week 6?
Did it need explaining that he's only drifted further from an MVP, OPOY, and All Pro?

Are we really considering it a hot take that after his monumental breakout in 2020 that he's plateaued?

8 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Josh on Steph's exit:

"I shared a text with him and got one back, and just thanking him for everything that he did for me and always have a spot in my heart for him. And I'll always love that guy like a brother. And I wish him nothing but the best."

This, to me, is very, very telling.

Josh does take the classy high road and claims he will always "love that guy like a brother"...

But... he merely texted Steph to say thanks, goodbye and all the best. No phone call. No get-together, just a text. The choice of a text to say goodbye speaks volumes to me as to how they are no longer (were they ever?) really close. 

And Josh's follow-up comments on being a better leader are also telling:

"I think it's an opportunity for myself to grow as a leader. And to bring along some of these young guys and new guys that we've brought into our team. And that's an opportunity, frankly, that I'm very excited about. It's something that's going to be very challenging, but I'm very willing to do it."

I personally believed Steph assumed the alpha role on the team's offense and Josh deferred to Steph. It was my hope that with Steph gone that Josh could then take the alpha role and it looks like that's his plan. I think this aspect of the trade will be a huge element in our success going forward — Josh will take no ***** from any WR and he will be the one barking orders and telling other players what to do, how it is. He will no longer feel compelled to ensure a high number of targets to a player who feels "senior" to him.

I guarantee you we will never again see another player yelling at Josh during a game and Josh looking away like a scolded child. Never. And I believe we will spread the ball around a lot more going forward, and this is a good thing. 

Part of if is just maturation but I honestly thought Josh was too deferential to Steph in the past. Josh being the leader on offense will be huge for him and this team.

I wouldn’t say Diggs took over the alpha role as much as he held Allen back from being the unquestionable leader. And to the detriment of the team. 

Sort of two alphas clashing. Even during 2022 training camp videos while Allen and Diggs were goofing around there was always this subtle “walk on eggshells” feeling around Diggs. Like an underlying anxiety from everybody about him. 

The other thing is that the 2017 veterans are gone. Hyde, Poyer, and White. They held some seniority over Allen. 

It’s Allen’s team now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

IIRC, Jerry Rice was also mostly a loyal foot soldier? For the Bills I’d argue James Lofton was also not one? 

Oooh, James Lofton was pretty chill by the time the Bills acquired him at age 33.

But in his younger days as a Star of Stars in Green Bay ...... he definitely had his Diva side.

He was also in serious legal trouble, although acquitted:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-05-23-sp-1829-story.html

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Oooh, James Lofton was pretty chill by the time the Bills acquired him at age 33.

But in his younger days as a Star of Stars in Green Bay ...... he definitely had his Diva side.

He was also in serious legal trouble, although acquitted:
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-05-23-sp-1829-story.html

Dang Beck I had no idea about all that! I only remember him as a chill Bill…

Mahomes has won an MVP and a 1st team all pro, gone to 5 straight AFC Championships, nabbed a 1st team all pro, 4 Super Bowls and nabbed 3 rings since then.

Happy to help.

None of which makes your point.

Mahomes, Lamar and Burrow all peaked in 2018, 2019 and 2021 respectively. And you are railing on Allen having peaked in 2020. 

You want to crown Lamar over Allen? Because of hardware. Okay knock yourself out. Don't think a single GM would take Lamar over Allen. 

Are we really considering it a hot take that after his monumental breakout in 2020 that he's plateaued?

Mahomes plateaued in 2018

Jackson plateaued in 2019

Burrow plateaued in 2021

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 hours ago, tonawandarock said:

can someone name the last diva WR to win a SB? im serious...

Does Travis Kelce count? If not, then AB on the Bucs.

Edited by uticaclub

11 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Referring to Lamar Jackson and the playoffs kind of destroys your whole point.  For a guy with 2 MVP's and whose team twice secured the #1 seed Jackson has been remarkably bad in he playoffs.  Jackson & Allen do not exist on the same field when looking at playoff football.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Larry Fitzgerald

after that it kind of depends upon how you define "diva"

How is Larry Fitzgerald a diva?  I don't remember him as having that reputation at all, if anything his reputation was the opposite.  Also, the original poster was questioning whether there were any diva WRs who won a Super Bowl. Fitzgerald never won a Super Bowl.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1