Owen Marecic

Brandon Weeden

James-Michael Johnson 

LOL

Oh my, that’s………….…quite a haul there.  😂 

But then again, they are the Browns. 

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

What’s the phrase…..go break a leg…….

A don’t think breaking a leg is good enough. He can sever his own ACL or get arrested with 2 pounds of fentanyl and we may get a chance to take a flyer. 

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Why isn't it possible ?  I think Arizona wants to move down. I don't think they're ready until 2025 anyways:

Arizona receives:

Buffalo 2024 1st rd pick

Buffalo 2024 2nd rd pick

Buffalo 2024 4th rd pick

Buffalo 2025 1st rd pick

Buffalo 2025 3rd rd pick

Buffalo receives:

Arizona 2024 1st rd pick 

Not going to cut it. Teams like Minnesota who have not one, but two picks before ours this year alone at 11 and 23 need to get there for a QB. A number of teams who pick WAY sooner than we do need to get up to that area for QB that are picking well before us.

The price tag is going to be higher than normal this year because of the competition. Combine that with where we're picking and them having to drop 24 picks and knowing that we consistently pick at the bottom of the 1st - it's going to take 3 1's right off the bat plus more.

Probably still doesn't get it done.

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Of course barring a Ricky Williams trade deal this will never happen but man all these great receivers wanna come here the last couple years I really can’t figure out why. Since the QB clearly doesn’t wanna win enough.

A better comp would be the Julio Jones trade which saw Atlanta jump from #27 to #6:

Atlanta:

1st round pick 2011 (27)

1st round pick 2012

2nd round pick 2011

4th round pick 2011

4th round pick 2012

Cleveland:

1st round pick 2011 (6)

But given inflation you’re probably looking at 3 first round picks and then some which is crazy

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

A better comp would be the Julio Jones trade which saw Atlanta jump from #27 to #6:

Atlanta:

1st round pick 2011 (27)

1st round pick 2012

2nd round pick 2011

4th round pick 2011

4th round pick 2012

Cleveland:

1st round pick 2011 (6)

But given inflation you’re probably looking at 3 first round picks and then some which is crazy

3 1sts would be a non-starter for us since it’s not a QB. 

2 1sts & 2 2nds is a fair starting spot IMO. Even if we had to add something else 

Bears at 9 for Nabers

Broncos at 12 for Odunze

Seahawks at 16 for Thomas Jr

Would be more realistic move ups for us

with Brady’s connections to LSU, I’d think Nabers or Thomas Jr would be the trade up targets. 

Also Brady recruited Troy Franklin even though he didn’t end up at LSU

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not a serious article. Since when is Kyler Murray a top tier QB? Hahahaha 

The Chiefs are saying the same thing about the Bills

These guys will play for anyone. These articles are a joke

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not going to cut it. Teams like Minnesota who have not one, but two picks before ours this year alone at 11 and 23 need to get there for a QB. A number of teams who pick WAY sooner than we do need to get up to that area for QB that are picking well before us.

The price tag is going to be higher than normal this year because of the competition. Combine that with where we're picking and them having to drop 24 picks and knowing that we consistently pick at the bottom of the 1st - it's going to take 3 1's right off the bat plus more.

Probably still doesn't get it done.

The trade is pretty even according to the nfl draft trade chart. And there's a possibility the top 3 qbs are gone by pick 4.

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I’ll trade Da Bears von Miller, Diggs, Knox, our 1st rounder, and 2 dozen wings from Duffs for their 1st. 

….with blue cheese, right? 

This is always fun, like when you go to bed with a MegaMillions ticket in your wallet. It could happen……

For the record, forget all you people, if I get to choose between winning the MegaMillions and the Bills getting MHJ, I will gladly buy you ALL a beer instead.  😋

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The trade is pretty even according to the nfl draft trade chart. And there's a possibility the top 3 qbs are gone by pick 4.

I'm almost positive they will be. But there's more than 3 QB's who will go in the Top 5-10 and more than 3 team's who need QB's. 

Need for QB drives up prices and tosses the Trade Chart out the window. For example, when we needed Josh, we paid a 1st and 2 2nd's just to move up 5 spots. That was an overpay. Teams are willing to do that for a QB bc, as Beane put it, if it works and you land a Franchise QB "who gives a sh-t?"

And this doesn't even take into account a team needing a WR passing on MHJ and moving from the top 5 to essentially the 2nd Round. You can quote the Trade Chart all you want, as others have said, it's about as likely that this trade would happen as winning the lottery. You'd have to not only meet the chart, but surpass it (and probably by a fair amount) for a team like Arizona to even consider it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Why isn't it possible ?  I think Arizona wants to move down. I don't think they're ready until 2025 anyways:

Arizona receives:

Buffalo 2024 1st rd pick

Buffalo 2024 2nd rd pick

Buffalo 2024 4th rd pick

Buffalo 2025 1st rd pick

Buffalo 2025 3rd rd pick

Buffalo receives:

Arizona 2024 1st rd pick 

No absolutely not. Let him go to AZ. with Murray who will get hurt and then have watchyamcallits throwing to him, Get him on a trade or whatnot 3 yrs. from now.

After we win a SB, he'll take a deal.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

….with blue cheese, right? 

This is always fun, like when you go to bed with a MegaMillions ticket in your wallet. It could happen……

For the record, forget all you people, if I get to choose between winning the MegaMillions and the Bills getting MHJ, I will gladly buy you ALL a beer instead.  😋

That’s going too far. Let them have ranch. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, Dan in Owego said:

I heard on the dark web there is videos of him kicking puppies, and even worse things i don't dare mention🤐

Yeah but the puppies told him they were 18 (in dog years)....

On 3/22/2024 at 3:05 AM, Brand J said:

To put it into perspective, let’s attach some names to the draft picks. Is MHJ worth: Kaair Elam, Boogie Basham, Greg Rousseau, O’Cyrus Torrence, and Matt Milano? (I mixed in busts and successes for an accurate portrayal of what those future picks might look like).

What if Beane got supremely lucky and hit on all those picks? Dalton Kincaid, James Cook, Tre White, Dion Dawkins, and Khalil Shakir.

Is one MHJ, who’s talent could range anywhere between HoFer to an injury prone bust, worth giving up 4-5 years of five young, cost controlled contracts? You don’t trade the farm for a non-QB. End of discussion. Let the draft come to you and select the best wideout available at 28 if that’s the path you want to take. 

You absolutely do make that trade. Reason: the future is now with Allen, not 4-5 years of cost controlled contracts.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Arizona has made it clear that they are open for business. Damn it’s tempting, but bears a lot of risk. 

I enjoy watching the Bills drafts. I’d hate for that 4th pick to eliminate my enjoyment for the rest of this draft and the best part of next year’s draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Arizona has made it clear that they are open for business. Damn it’s tempting, but bears a lot of risk. 

I'd be willing to be a little reckless to make it happen, but I'm afraid it might require much more than sustainable crazy to grab the pick. You're probably talking #28, #60, and next year's first and second, plus. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You absolutely do make that trade. Reason: the future is now with Allen, not 4-5 years of cost controlled contracts.

No offense, but I’m glad you’re not running the team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/22/2024 at 5:22 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 1sts would be a non-starter for us since it’s not a QB. 

2 1sts & 2 2nds is a fair starting spot IMO. Even if we had to add something else 

Bears at 9 for Nabers

Broncos at 12 for Odunze

Seahawks at 16 for Thomas Jr

Would be more realistic move ups for us

with Brady’s connections to LSU, I’d think Nabers or Thomas Jr would be the trade up targets. 

Also Brady recruited Troy Franklin even though he didn’t end up at LSU

Recall KC trade up with buffalo…..

10 for 27+ late 3rd+1st following year

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I enjoy watching the Bills drafts. I’d hate for that 4th pick to eliminate my enjoyment for the rest of this draft and the best part of next year’s draft. 

You can watch the Bills draft every year. I'd rather watch them win the Super Bowl next year. Make the trade!

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

No offense, but I’m glad you’re not running the team. 

Some times you have to swing for the fences,  which are not for the faint of heart.

Edited by Sargent Hulka

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

Recall KC trade up with buffalo…..

10 for 27+ late 3rd+1st following year

That was an outrageously low pay for KC to move up, for Mahomes yet.

No one's going to reciprocate for the Bills' try to move up, and this time the cost would be for a top 5 pick.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

No one's going to reciprocate for the Bills' try to move up, and this time the cost would be for a top 5 pick.

The trade chart says it is value

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You’re absolutely right. Thought we got a little less than we should have at the time. 

Ball park to get into the 10-15 range would be what? Pick 28 and next years 1st & 3rd? 

15 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

You can watch the Bills draft every year. I'd rather watch them win the Super Bowl next year. Make the trade!

Some times you have to swing for the fences,  which are not for the faint of heart.

You don’t swing for the fences on any position that isn’t a QB. You can’t win in the NFL without a QB, so those trades are justified.

You especially don’t throw away multiple 1sts, 2nds, and whatever else the Cardinals want because it’d mean sacrificing numerous other significant contributors. The NFL is a team game, one all pro WR isn’t more impactful than a collective great WR, a very good edge rusher, a very good safety, and a very good defensive tackle. And even if one or two of those positions bust, you still have a chance that the rest become high level players, including the receiver you could’ve just stayed pat and selected at 28. No one knows how any of these players will pan out. You want to take a swing? Do it for already proven NFL talent.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The trade chart says it is value

Can always get a little more when you know the options are very thin and they want the position that’s of need to them…

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

You’re absolutely right. Thought we got a little less than we should have at the time. 

Ball park to get into the 10-15 range would be what? Pick 28 and next years 1st & 3rd? 

The chart I looked at has #28 worth 660 points. #10 is 1300 and # 15 is 1050. My guess is your price might get you #10, but I suppose it depends on the negotiators and how desperate the team is to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The chart I looked at has #28 worth 660 points. #10 is 1300 and # 15 is 1050. My guess is your price might get you #10, but I suppose it depends on the negotiators and how desperate the team is to move up.

It’ll be a long shot but the Bears are probably the best team to trade with. They have nothing this year to work with and might be willing to part with #9 for a couple later picks, and 2025 1st & 3rd. 

Would love that to be the case of Nabers or Odunze are still on the clock. However, if that’s the case I see a few teams calling them…

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

It’ll be a long shot but the Bears are probably the best team to trade with. They have nothing this year to work with and might be willing to part with #9 for a couple later picks, and 2025 1st & 3rd. 

Would love that to be the case of Nabers or Odunze are still on the clock. However, if that’s the case I see a few teams calling them…

I've been hoping for a big X, but if Nabers is available there, push all your chips in. It wouldn't be a total shock if Nabers is the first WR off the board.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I've been hoping for a big X, but if Nabers is available there, push all your chips in. It wouldn't be a total shock if Nabers is the first WR off the board.

Yeah, it’s Nabers & MHJ as the 1 and 2. Take your pick as whos first. Personally, it’s MHJ for me but each to their own. Odunze isn’t that far behind.

I’d actually group Odunze and Thomas as the 3 & 4. Edge goes to Odunze due to back to back solid seasons @ Washington. They measured similarly across the board at the combine drills with the only obvious difference being the 40 time where Thomas was noticeably faster than expected. 

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Yeah, it’s Nabers & MHJ as the 1 and 2. Take your pick as whos first. Personally, it’s MHJ for me but each to their own. Odunze isn’t that far behind.

I’d actually group Odunze and Thomas as the 3 & 4. Edge goes to Odunze due to back to back solid seasons @ Washington. They measured similarly across the board at the combine drills with the only obvious difference being the 40 time where Thomas was noticeably faster than expected. 

I mostly agree. I think you are correct, actually, but I am inclined to gamble on Thomas over Odunze because of the speed. I know he is a one-trick pony right now, but it's a damn fine trick, and I believe there is lots of room to grow.

• Like (+1) 2