Justin Fields traded to Steelers

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Man, the Bears front office is so reminiscent of the Bills drought braintrust.   @PromoTheRobot would be like a pig in sh!t shouting down rightfully angry fans and defending that clown show. 😂

Lol from the guy who constantly sings the praises of the Yankees.

What transaction from the drought IYHO is comparable to this?

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Kinda amazing value was so low. I would be happy having someone like him behind Josh. 

Totally.

Not absolutely enamored with Field but he is an improvement over what we have had the past few years. 

Anyway, they wouldn’t have traded him to use for a 6th rounder. The play time to increase the pick was their selling point. That would never have happened here unless our worst nightmare materialized…. 🤐

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Haha there was a Vegas book that had pretty solid odds on Pitt landing both Wilson and Fields. Guess they were right. 

They got the first draft of this season’s script… 🤩

Edited by BBFL

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Hey man, at least they’re consistently trying to find an answer instead of acquiring a guy and riding it out way too long. 

At least they didn’t do the Denver way and give up insane premium assets to just cut ties before 2 seasons are up. 

if you’re “consistently trying to find an answer” at QB…..that’s not really “trying” very well

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

What is there to LOL about?  They don't have a good enough position in the draft to get a top QB, and they don't have enough draft capital to move up.  They signed a FA QB who was once considered a shoo-in for the HOF on a cheap, prove-it deal, and then they traded a next-to-nothing to get a former first round QB who seems to have at least the potential to be a decent NFL starter, which their former starting QB lacked.    They've improve their QB situation significantly with hardly any impact to their cap space.  

Exactly.   I think it's a brilliant solution to the situation that the Steelers found themselves in when it became apparent that Pickett, like about half of QBs drafted in the first round, wasn't starter material.

It’s all just flailing.  

i think Wilson will surprise.  If he doesn’t, bringing in Fields to resurrect the moribund QB position in Pittsburgh is as bad a decision as it was in Chicago

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Glass houses says Todd Collins, Doug Flutie, Rob Johnson, EJ, Tyrod, etc, etc, etc....

In the 30 years since Kelly retired?  

When did Ben retire?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It’s all just flailing.  

i think Wilson will surprise.  If he doesn’t, bringing in Fields to resurrect the moribund QB position in Pittsburgh is as bad a decision as it was in Chicago

After seeing Wilson the last few years, why is acquiring him potentially a sage move but trading pennies for Fields a joke? This isn't the Russell Wilson of 2011-2020 for Seattle. Make it make sense

well,  good for Justin i guess.  im sure hes already beyond hope spending 3 years as a Bears QB.   maybe he can revive his career with an organization not known for ruining QBs on a regular basis.  gl with the Bears Caleb,  yer gonna need it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

The one that they just signed to be the starting QB and sadly will likely get beat out by Fields. If I was Russ I'd be pissed.

Well, he is getting paid 38 million to not be a part of his former team so he should  keep the violin stashed

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, buffblue said:

After seeing Wilson the last few years, why is acquiring him potentially a sage move but trading pennies for Fields a joke? This isn't the Russell Wilson of 2011-2020 for Seattle. Make it make sense

Wilson is better than anyone the Steelers had last year, which goes without saying.  So the benefit of the move is intuitive.  

but…

If he busts, and the fans then have to suffer while the Steelers figure out why the Bears dumped Fields, well then it was a predictable error.  

In summary, based on what we have seen of them,  the possibility that Wilson  plays well is higher than the likelihood that Fields will be a much better replacement.

• Like (+1) 2