CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

I didn’t want any WR FAs.  The stats show that they usually underperform their contracts and we already have Kincaid, Diggs and Shakir.  We have the underneath stuff  covered.  Samuel is a 650 yards receiver who doesn’t win catch battles.  A Rookie receiver drafted 20-40 over the last 5 years has averaged about 700 yards as a rookie.  We need someone who can stretch the field, not another mediocre underneath presence. 

Now play this out.  What will the people on this board say if we draft someone like Mitchell or Worthy at 28 and they drive Samuel to the bench?  What will they say when Samuel drops some key 3rd down catches, which he does with regularity?  They’ll say why did Beane waste money of this guy.

I was really happy with how this offseason was going, but these two terrible WR signings make me really wonder what Beane is doing for the offense.

WTH?  Samuel is a legit outside 4.3 40 guy. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Would have preferred Scary Terry... But this will do...

He was higher ceiling than Terry in college but I see your point. He’s a hybrid RB/WR not unlike James Cook when lined up as a RB tbh. I don’t know how Brady intends to use him but he’s versatile and can see him lining up different places 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a large margin until you have confidence Miller can get by one more year …which you won’t know by the draft 

Honestly, I’m just assuming he can’t. Be that as it may, there are currently two DTs on the active roster (Oliver. Jones) three DEs (AJ, KJ, and Groot), and Von. 

After that, it’s a collection of JAGs on futures and PS. Of course it’s early. The sky ain’t falling or anything. But that’s as thin as I ever remember it being. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Agree. Still need an X. If anything Samuel seems redundant with Diggs. Not that they can’t be in the field together, but they’re a lot alike. 

Shakir more X then slot or the rookie we draft?  

He’s not an x.  

that said- he’s a weapon with speed and RAC.  We are loaded over the middle.  Still need a legit outside guy.

if the deal is essentially 2-15M+ incentives, I’m good with that.  He’s a playmaker with jets on his feet.  

possibilities with our 1st rd pick

thomas, Mitchell, Legette 

chop robinson, Latu

Cooper Dejean if he’s still there 

RT- do we want to pay Spencer Brown?

I’m happy with our offseason to date.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Catching a football is catching a football.  Christ this board sometimes...

I'm not a Gabe fan but he's got a point.

Gabe had a lot of 50/50 contested deep balls where Samuel got more screens/short passes so of course Samuel's catch percentage will be better.

Now in saying that, I still prefer Samuel as I like his skill set more than gabes

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Catching a football is catching a football.  Christ this board sometimes...

Samuel had a TON of targets coming out of the back field. You think it's easier to catch a target coming out of the backfield, running screens, slants, etc or almost exclusive running skinny posts, fly routes, corners, and other deep routes?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Shakir more X then slot or the rookie we draft?  

He can play both. This is the modern NFL you don't need a super physical guy out there, bunch of ways to win off the snap even when lined up on the LOS

• Agree 1

Obviously dudes like McDuffie and Sneed - both excellent physical man corners, are gonna win their fair share of matchups against the Bills mighty mights, but the fact of the matter is that they're fast enough that safeties are still gonna check that matchup and cheat just a bit, and then you have an elite route runner like Diggs now coming off the LOS. 

Edited by appoo

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lots off boo boo foot warnings last year.

He had a lot of nagging injuries last year but played through them and still caught 17 more balls than Gabe.

I take it you don't like the signing?

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes one is better then the other 

Davis has been criminally underrated around here. He was literally the only deep threat the Bills had. What were people expecting?