Arik Armstead released, signs with Jax

The Bills CERTAINLY need depth at DT and I think they should do everything in their power to land this guy.

DT’s will be coming off the board and the Bills will be shopping at the 99c store for their DT depth if they don’t get someone like Armstead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Considering the source, more than a rumor. That was discussed. Hopefully we prevail.

My issue is not around the truth of the rumour…it’s actually matching the other offer that some team with plenty of cash will throw at him

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

spending what little cap we have left on an old defensive lineman how original

Id do it. 

Im at a loss for what this WR room looks like, but pressure from the interior is how you get Mahomes uncomfortable.. especially with how the playoffs are officiated.  

Armstead, Oliver and Jones is a top tier DT rotation.  

If they can get it done, im ok relying on the Draft, but would hope we double up with a WR in RD1 and another on Day 2. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

she also is a doctor with a practice at ECMC apparently

She also has Bills seasons tickets and lives in Williamsville and her favorite store is wegmans 

Edited by FireChans
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

she also is a doctor with a practice at ECMC apparently

Armstead has been a Walter Payton NFL man of the year nominee 4 times by the Niners. He is a team captain on a team that has much talent on defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Id do it. 

Im at a loss for what this WR room looks like, but pressure from the interior is how you get Mahomes uncomfortable.. especially with how the playoffs are officiated.  

If they can get it done, im ok relying on the Draft, but would hope we double up with a WR in RD1 and another on Day 2. 

Genuinely baffled we still believe these kinds of defensive investments are going to produce results

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Id do it. 

I'd like to give a green checkmark, but that would depend on knowing Beane will trade up/or back for a third round pick. If they go WR in the first, (assuming Armstead) I suspect edge or S in the second. I just can't see a McD team taking WR back-to-back early.

• Agree 1

He has a large market and is going to be paid to Start at 3T. We have Oliver there. It doesn't make much sense for us.

I'd also say that 9.5 times out of 10 when we're "linked" to someone - it's exaggerated or just flat out fiction, leaked by agents. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d love to add an impact guy somewhere on this team and if it isn’t WR then going with a monster DT is a good start. 

Then we sign a solid S for cheap and go WR in round 1 . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He has a large market and is going to be paid to Start at 3T. We have Oliver there. It doesn't make much sense for us.

I'd also say that 9.5 times out of 10 when we're "linked" to someone - it's exaggerated or just flat out fiction.

except in this case it’s legit. Per HappyDays we requested dibs to match his best offer

Arik can play all across the line.  Rousseau and Armstead as your run defenders at DE is nasty. Then he moves inside on pass rush downs next to Oliver.

(FYI his own twitter page he calls himself a DE)

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Genuinely baffled we still believe these kinds of defensive investments are going to produce results

What if I told you he was playing on a hurt foot and a knee injury that required offseason surgery?  Does that sweeten the deal?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He can play for DQJ on passing downs … i think he will get plenty of snaps …  the question is a familiar one … how much money do they want to keep putting in the DL… the money is the concern  even if it ends up $8-10m 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

except in this case it’s legit. Per HappyDays we requested dibs to match his best offer

And as I said to that, it could very well be a matter of him calling us saying he's interested in coming here.

Knowing that he has a market, we told him "give us a call with what you get and then we'll see" - full well knowing that the answer's going to be "can't match that".

Unless he's cool not Starting and not being paid full market price - it's not happening. He reportedly has an ~10 team market. I don't see any way ours is going to be remotely the best option.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

He can play for DQJ on passing downs … i think he will get plenty of snaps …  the question is a familiar one … how much money do they want to keep putting in the DL… the money is a concern 

There's that too. I find it kind of funny that everyone has crucified Beane for spending big money and high Draft picks on the DL on the regular.

Now everyone's like "ooh, shiny!".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

What if I told you he was playing on a hurt foot and a knee injury that required offseason surgery?  Does that sweeten the deal?

Also,despite being injured he still had 8 or 9 pressures, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And as I said to that, it could very well be a matter of him calling us saying he's interested in coming here.

Knowing that he has a market, we told him "give us a call with what you get and then we'll see" - full well knowing that the answer's going to be "can't match that".

Unless he's cool not Starting and not being paid full market price - it's not happening. He reportedly has an ~10 team market. I don't see any way ours is going to be remotely the best option.

Armstead WOULD be starting.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I’m sure it’s real mutual interest. He has 2 young girls. His wife’s parents and medical practice are here. It would make logical sense he would want to be here.  

I’m sure it’s real mutual interest. He has 2 young girls. His wife’s parents and medical practice are here. It would make logical sense he would want to be here.  

In the eternal battle between Warriorspikes51 and BillsFanForever19, I think you have more ammo than usual on this one.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That makes sense. Us in the shape we're at financially and with who we have starting at 3T, beating out 9 or so other suitors? That doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yea I mean why try to get difference makers that are CRITICAL for Super Bowl teams

Wait, wait, wait.... isn't you who's always saying "it doesn't matter who we line up on Defense - it isn't slowing down Mahomes"? 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

yea I mean why try to get difference makers that are CRITICAL for Super Bowl teams

If I have to spell it out for you I will

We do not have a personnel problem on defense. Our defense routinely bodybags the regular season. We have a postseason coaching/philosophy problem on defense

That makes sense. Us in the shape we're at financially and with who we have starting at 3T, beating out 9 or so other suitors? That doesn't.

with the way we value rotation and versatility on the DL Beane was probably going crazy when he found out about Armstead.  

Not to mention the guy is a multi-year team Captain on a great defense & Walter Man of the Year nominee 4 times

Once we hear his best offer, Beane can pull whatever levers are needed

It would have to be a financial sacrifice that would still result in a decent payday, where the payoff is greater domestic happiness, and an appreciative wife. Somehow, I don't find that notion completely impossible to believe. Human flourishing can't just be summed up by  purely economic calculation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1