Bills sign Mack Hollins

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll take youth over the Mack Hollins types. I would rather an undrafted rookie free agent filling out the final WR spot.

We will have youth at WR2, WR4/5 and potentially WR6.  Hollins will be WR4orWr5 depending on draft talent

• Like (+1) 2

Beane has a tough job.  

Teams HAVE to sign guys like this.  They need depth, they need special teams.

But any signing that isn't a marquee player or at least someone everyone knows gets slammed.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

We’re shopping at the dollar tree,  We have no money.

I’m still wondering about leaving $13 million that we desperately needed this year on the table by not taking full advantage of reworking Josh’s contract to the max benefit—even those talking heads we all hate but who do know a bit more than us were also confused by that move.  

That $13 million or part thereof could have landed us a one year prove it WR (aside from Ridley or “Hollywood”) Check Spotrac:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/.  And, another one year prove it defensive player (in round three of FA).  

Edited by biggerdaddynj

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You specifically stated WR and someone at Mack Collins level isn't good enough to play on a contending team.

You then were given an example of a Super Bowl winning team with multiple WR's and Mack Collins level and below.  

This isn't that difficult and multiple people have commented on it.

The GOAT receiver and GOAT QB had the Chiefs at 15th in points scored at 23.1 ppg.  

Can you tell us all again how McD doesn't play rookies?  

I forgot why I had you on block for the last few years and now I remember. You don't understand the most basic level of common sense.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

If this is a "special teams contributor and compete with Shorter to be the 5th WR" move, and they didn't pay much, and they're still going to bring in more legitimate receivers via the draft or free agency, then I'm fine with it.

If this represents one of the more significant additions they wind up making at WR this offseason (which I doubt), then I dislike it very much.

This is most definitely the signing of a guy to be WR4-WR7 and play special teams.  This is not the Bills WR2/Gabe Davis replacement.  Nothing to get worked up about.  I still anticipate a WR to be drafted in the first 2 rounds and would not be at all surprised to see a second one drafted in the later rounds.

In the meantime, this guy has some size, some experience in the league, and is a good special teamer, so if the makes the team, he can add to the mix. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I forgot why I had you on block for the last few years and now I remember. You don't understand the most basic level of common sense.

And you do? Someone just laid out all the rookies that McDermott has played and started here... and you don't even reply. You just give them an "X" and keep spewing some bull####.

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

We are so broke.  I hate Beane

I honestly wonder, what would it take for someone to say he mismanaged the cap?

Would we have to be a 9 win team?

Would we not have to have a franchise qb?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Do you even know Mack Collins has a Super Bowl ring with the Eagles and he was their #4 WR  in targets that year?

Let me guess, Nick Foles and Alshon Jeffrey are GOATS too.

I want to see how you now can argue a Super Bowl contending team can't win with Mack Collins at depth WR.

I am really interested how you try to spin this.

• Haha (+1) 2

Does anyone worry about Beane potentially boxing himself in at WR in the Draft?

Mack Hollins doesn't change the fact that this WR room, as currently constructed, is not very good.  We have a question mark at WR1..  Is he still a WR1, what level of WR1 as he clearly isn't the type to just take over a game no matter what.  We have a decent slot WR with some outside flex in Shakir.  And we now have a depth WR in Hollins.  

This is a loaded WR class.. It's also one that has Tier 1 (Harrison, Odunze, Nabers) all gone in the Top 10 and the Tier 2 WR's potentially picked over by 28.

People seem to think we have all this draft ammo to move up in RD1.. We don't.  We have a lot of picks on Day 3... that's not moving us up much.

8 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

I’m still wondering about leaving $13 million that we desperately needed this year on the table by not taking full advantage of reworking Josh’s contract to the max benefit—even those talking heads we all hate but who do know a bit more than us were also confused by that move.  

That $13 million or part thereof could have landed us a one year prove it WR (aside from Ridley or “Hollywood”) Check Spotrac:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/.  And, another one year prove it defensive player (in round three of FA).  

From what I heard on the radio the reason they didn't want to rework Josh's contract more is the hope is go get to a point where they don't have to restructure a lot of contracts for cap reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you even know Mack Collins has a Super Bowl ring with the Eagles and he was their #4 WR  in targets that year?

Let me guess, Nick Foles and Alshon Jeffrey are GOATS too.

I want to see how you now can argue a Super Bowl contending team can't win with Mack Collins at depth WR.

I am really interested how you try to spin this.

I won't because that was never my argument.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Mack Hollins doesn't change the fact that this WR room, as currently constructed, is not very good.  We have a question mark at WR1..  Is he still a WR1, what level of WR1 as he clearly isn't the type to just take over a game no matter what.  We have a decent slot WR with some outside flex in Shakir.  And we now have a depth WR in Hollins.  

This is a loaded WR class.. It's also one that has Tier 1 (Harrison, Odunze, Nabers) all gone in the Top 10 and the Tier 2 WR's potentially picked over by 28.

People seem to think we have all this draft ammo to move up in RD1.. We don't.  We have a lot of picks on Day 3... that's not moving us up much.

I really see us taking 2 WR's in the draft. I hope one of them is still around that is worthy of taking in rd. 1, but if not, we might have to go "back to back" rd. 2 and 4 since we don't have a 3, or try to jump into rd. 3 for the 2nd WR.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It's march...We dont play until September.  At least give Beane a few days to work this out.

• Thank you (+1) 1