Britt Reid Prison Term Already Commuted

He served only 16 months of his 36-month sentence and the Missouri governor, a big chief fan, commuted his sentence, he is now a free man.

This after he went to prison once for having a "drug emporium" at his house along with his brother and was arrested for a Road Rage incident pulling a gun on someone.  Meanwhile, the little girl he slammed into still has serious medical issues.

I am certain EVERYONE would get the same break he got.

Probably not the right forum but this really p*sses me off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Angry 16
  • Agree 3

The NFL is just a different class of people. Sorry.

Remember Zac Stacy? And the home video of him slamming his girlfriend into the wall and then onto their baby's stroller? Then he fled the jurisdiction? He got six months in jail for a beating that could have easily killed her.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The NFL is just a different class of people. Sorry.

Remember Zac Stacy? And the home video of him slamming his girlfriend into the wall and then onto their baby's stroller? Then he fled the jurisdiction? He got six months in jail for a beating that could have easily killed her.

I saw that video.  That was awful.  Just a bad guy.  Hopefully bad ***** happens to him for the rest of his miserable life..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

After raising a family I adopted the attitude that I almost exclusively judge people based on the behavior of their children. I found this works really well. I found respect for folks I didn't think I would like very much because their kids are great and vice versa. 

By that standard Andy Reid a piece of *****. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, BeastMaster said:

This is what happens when you have corrupt people in positions of power

This country is loaded with them at the highest levels

Although true that is only part of the story.  The harm done to this child was done by someone with no self control, and clearly no conscience.  The governor, however corrupt, would not have had to commute anything if this scumbag hadn’t gotten drunk and ruined a 5 year old kid’s life.

32 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I read the story and the little girl's family is really upset. They were never contacted or anything concerning his commutation. Andy Reid may be a great coach but I have to really question his parenting skills. 

He's not really a parent. He fathered a child, and then worked 80 hours a week from dawn to dusk. People that work like that shouldn't have kids to begin with. Most people shouldn't have kids for that matter. We all act like it's a thing everyone should do - kind of like driving a car. The truth is that most people are terrible at it - and they should be because there's literally no training that any of us receive for raising a human being and given that most of us have a litany of problems due to being raised with those same limitations, it makes us especially unqualified to perpetuate it.

It's like if the only career training you ever got was from the guy that started the day before and now on day two you're the trainer. It's madness.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.