If Brock Bowers is there when we pick...

boyst

He won’t be there. But, yes, due to his special skill set, I would take him. Too good of a player to pass up. Let Joe Brady figure it out. With that much talent it really wouldn’t be that hard. Find the favorable matchup and bleed it till they stop it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Would you be tempted? Could you? I won't go into a million hypotheticals but the draft is deep in WR. There are only so many first round grades on WR. This is the top TE in the draft.

Now that Knox has restructured maybe he could be traded.

Hell no.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless they feel that Bowers has the ability to play as an outside WR consistently then I would strongly have to think they would pass and more likely trade down to a team looking to snag him. 

I love the idea of adding an elite talent but you also have to have it make sense for your roster. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Which is why he won’t be there cuz if he starts to slide someone else well before us will trade down with someone going up to get him.  He’s a top 10 player in this draft.  

I agree with this, but the thought exercise I guess is if he is there at 28, what do you do?  I'd take him, then grab a WR by trading up in Rd. 2.  You'd have a dynamic TE set for the next 4 years, a top WR in Diggs, and another WR in the rookie.  Really opens up the offense, IMO.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree with this, but the thought exercise I guess is if he is there at 28, what do you do?  I'd take him, then grab a WR by trading up in Rd. 2.  You'd have a dynamic TE set for the next 4 years, a top WR in Diggs, and another WR in the rookie.  Really opens up the offense, IMO.  

I love Bowers as a prospect, sure top 10 guy in this draft, I just think there is no realistic way he ever falls to us, but you never know.  So to play your game on the what if he surprises and does, I still say we trade back because I think Beane could get back a premium on someone wanting to move up and get him at that point.  

Now as far as what I think will happen...I cant see anyway he would get past Cincy at 18 and if he somehow did, then several of the teams between Bengals and us would also have a high chance to grab him or someone will trade up like say a KC to grab him as an heir apparent to Kelce who is a key position in their offense and probably in the last year there.

He is without a doubt a top 10 prospect overall, just depends on how a team values the TE position.    

• Like (+1) 2

So ...

We just agreed to a re-worked deal for Knox so he's here long term ...

And we just drafted another Tight End with our 1st rounder ...

And Brock Bowers has zero chance of going outside the top 20 ...

YES, PERFECT FIT

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love Bowers as a prospect, sure top 10 guy in this draft, I just think there is no realistic way he ever falls to us, but you never know.  So to play your game on the what if he surprises and does, I still say we trade back because I think Beane could get back a premium on someone wanting to move up and get him at that point.  

Now as far as what I think will happen...I cant see anyway he would get past Cincy at 18 and if he somehow did, then several of the teams between Bengals and us would also have a high chance to grab him or someone will trade up like say a KC to grab him as an heir apparent to Kelce who is a key position in their offense and probably in the last year there.

He is without a doubt a top 10 prospect overall, just depends on how a team values the TE position.    

I keep playing mock drafts against real people or just the computer. Every once in a while he's there. And sometimes just before us and Cinci passes.

it won't be real but it's a good thought exercise. Id be very curious to see what we would do and if we got him what move is next.  Knox plus pick to move up in 2 for a WR? Thought exercises and experiments are provocative. 

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

I keep playing mock drafts against real people or just the computer. Every once in a while he's there. And sometimes just before us and Cinci passes.

it won't be real but it's a good thought exercise. Id be very curious to see what we would do and if we got him what move is next.  Knox plus pick to move up in 2 for a WR? Thought exercises and experiments are provocative. 

If we took Bowers then traded Knox to move back up in the 2nd and get someone like McConkey, Coleman, Pearsall, Polk, Franklin, etc...then I would lose my sh*t in excitement.  

First of all, if we miss out on either Thomas or Mitchell in the first, I would rather trade back and pick up an extra 3rd or something instead of reaching at 28, and grab one of those other WR's with the pick we traded back to.  But if we could get Bowers and move Knox and still get one of those WR's then Beane is a god.  

Again, I think there is 0% of any of that happening...but lets say we did take Bowers, would you trade Kincaid who would fetch far better trade value than Knox?  

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Would you be tempted? Could you? I won't go into a million hypotheticals but the draft is deep in WR. There are only so many first round grades on WR. This is the top TE in the draft.

Now that Knox has restructured maybe he could be traded.

There is a greater possibility of me getting a date with Margot Robbie than Bowers being there when we pick. 

• Haha (+1) 1