Say the Bills DON’T restructure Josh Allen…

We all assumed it would be one of the first moves Beane would do, since it opened up so much Cap, but it’s looking rather unlikely now that we restructure Josh’s contract to open up 23-ish million. If the reports are true, Beane has is close to being under the cap.  

This is a pretty big deal, is it not? Unless I’m mistaken, paying Josh his big guarantees and not kicking the can down the road will, no pun intended, pay off huge dividends in years to come. 

I believe the team is already in positive cap space for next season, and they don’t have many big ticket expiring contracts (yet). 

If Beane keeps up this level of wizardry, Hogwarts will come knocking. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

They will still do it IMO …Beane got until 4pm Wed ..

Edit ..actually he can still do it anyway after that time if he chooses …and pulls other levers to get under the cap by the deadline 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They will still do it IMO …Beane got until 4pm Wed ..

Edit ..actually he can still do it anyway after that time if he chooses …and pulls other levers to get under the cap by the deadline 

I think so too, but it’s a huge positive if they can find a way to get under the cap without it. 

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We all assumed it would be one of the first moves Beane would do, since it opened up so much Cap, but it’s looking rather unlikely now that we restructure Josh’s contract to open up 23-ish million. If the reports are true, Beane has got us under the cap without pulling that lever. 

This is a pretty big deal, is it not? Unless I’m mistaken, paying Josh his big guarantees and not kicking the can down the road will, no pun intended, pay off huge dividends in years to come. 

I believe the team is already in positive cap space for next season, and they don’t have many big ticket expiring contracts (yet). 

If Beane keeps up this level of wizardry, Hogwarts will come knocking. 

He has to do it and he will do it.

If we don't get that 24m, we're screwed. Relying on other smaller re-structures and extensions that may or may not get done to barely have breathing room.

• Dislike 4

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think so too, but it’s a huge positive if they can find a way to get under the cap without it. 

They will need his space this year to make some moves …maybe next year they don’t do it … 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Yes but to be a player in FA, isn’t this pretty much still a foregone conclusion it needs to be done?

Probably.  Maybe Beane wants to see what FA commitments he can land in next couple of days, to know how much money he needs to move around with Josh.  More efficient to just do that on Wed, than do it now and move more or less around than he needs to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

They don't have to do all of it. I think like a previous poster said we can take a wait and see approach and pull less. We are actually looking very good cap wise after this coming season this is our take out medicine season we are gonna develop hopefully a strong plentiful rookie class this year. At some point if we can go a season without doing an Allen restructure we will be stronger long term. Me personally I want to sell out every year until we get one push it as long as possible I don't care. But I'm running out of years I'm not young anymore and just wanna see one of my teams win 1 before I leave this planet. Stupid yeah maybe but I've never seen a team of mine win a championship. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Do it. And let the english see you do it. 

Incredible 

55 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He has to do it and he will do it.

If we don't get that 24m, we're screwed. Relying on other smaller re-structures and extensions that may or may not get done to barely have breathing room.

I find it odd they haven’t done it yet.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Probably.  Maybe Beane wants to see what FA commitments he can land in next couple of days, to know how much money he needs to move around with Josh.  More efficient to just do that on Wed, than do it now and move more or less around than he needs to.

I agree that’s what I was thinking he makes offers to free agents to see if they agree and if he needs the money he restructures Josh. If he doesn’t then he’s leaves Josh’s contract be when next year they could literally have some of the most cap space in the league. 

Been thinking about this myself. My heart wants Beane to do it. My head does not.

I can see Beane meeting it halfway and just doing $11 or $12m, but I think he does it all in the end. Restructuring Allen this offseason and extending Taron and Dion would free up enough CAP space to make 1 or 2 relative splash signings along with a few other lower level signings and still be net positive in our CAP next year.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Extend him

1 minute ago, MJS said:

They need to sign a lot of players. I don't see any reason why they would not do it.

The only reason I can think of that they wouldn't do it is if they were going to extend him

Edited by Malazan

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

The only reason I can think of that they wouldn't do it is if they were going to extend him

Yeah but extending him and you basically rewrite the whole damn contract from that point on. Still kicking the can down the road but kicking it way down the road.