Ryan Bates traded

IBTG81

The believe online is that Chicago could be signing him to a new deal and will be taking on a lot more of his cap hit.  So the Bills could see more cap relief that what’s already on the books 

I too am surprised, but wasn't aware of his cap hit.  I don't think this closes the door on us moving on from Morse.  Like RB's, many don't see C as a 1st round value.  I could see us go WR and C in our first 3 rounds, then spend the rest of our attention on defense.  

I anticipated this but didn't expect it could happen until late in TC.   Thought Mitch Morse would get released and that Anderson and Bates could fight it out for the center job and if Anderson won then Bates would be dealt.   Guessing this signals that Morse is in still.   I also want to come out of this draft with 3 OL if possible and need roster spots to do that.   Lot's of good OL to be had and a good opportunity to re-set the pay scale at OL for the Bills over next couple seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The believe online is that Chicago could be signing him to a new deal and will be taking on a lot more of his cap hit.  So the Bills could see more cap relief that what’s already on the books 

Is that a thing?  If Chicago reworks his deal, it affects our cap hit?

• Like (+1) 1

Ahh the ole McDermott philosophy of someone being too valuable to let play, gotta love it.   I don’t like seeing him go, but if doofus won’t play him, you can’t pay him.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I anticipated this but didn't expect it could happen until late in TC.   Thought Mitch Morse would get released and that Anderson and Bates could fight it out for the center job and if Anderson won then Bates would be dealt.   Guessing this signals that Morse is in still.   I also want to come out of this draft with 3 OL if possible and need roster spots to do that.   Lot's of good OL to be had and a good opportunity to re-set the pay scale at OL for the Bills over next couple seasons.

I can see 2 drafted and maybe an undrafted kid on the PS. Yet it be nice if can get David Edwards back for less than Bates was due.

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe. Kromer has a long history with center Brian Allen that was released by the Rams. Just a possibility.

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

A 4th would been better, but we got something.

It's Pick 9 in the 5th, so it's a high 5th - way closer to a 4th than a 6th (especially when you consider comps).

Getting a high 4th for a guy who's been mainly a Backup would have been a big ask.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.